UPDATED: MagicBands will NOT be coming to Disneyland

DLR has enforced return times just like WDW. You cannot "hoard" fps for use later in the day. It is possible to hold as many as that poster did.at once because there are things like world of color and fantasmic that are not connected to the fp system - the time at which you can.pull your next fp is pretty much immediate, and printed on the fp. Also, the fp system in DLR is not connected to DCA, so one can hold fps in each park simultaneously. Park hopping takes very little time, so this is quote doable.

Assuming there is rule.breaking or hoarding going on would be a mistake, imo.

MH I'm sure can tell us which fp's he actually had- but since you can do that- having 5 at one time isn't all that impressive then. That would take some time at WDW to do.

Regardless, I'm still glad they can't do it at WDW anymore. As your explanation shows, things work quite differently at WDW than DL.

Wow. :(

Why would you not wish the best possible experience for your fellow park goer?

I wish for as many people as possible to have the best experience they can, which is one of the reasons I like FP+ so much. :)

I have read many posts from folks who seem to have a "tough for you, get there early if you want anything" attitude. That doesn't seem all that fellow park goer friendly to me.

MH I'm sure can tell us which fp's he actually had- but since you can do that- having 5 at one time isn't all that impressive then. That would take some time at WDW to do.

Regardless, I'm still glad they can't do it at WDW anymore. As your explanation shows, things work quite differently at WDW than DL.

Yes, they do. And quite differently than DLR was even just back in 2011 during our last visit there. I find it very helpful to be on this board to learn what the situation is there now (planning for our November trip to DLR) rather than relying on my preconceptions of what it used to be.

Yes, they do. And quite differently than DLR was even just back in 2011 during our last visit there. I find it very helpful to be on this board to learn what the situation is there now (planning for our November trip to DLR) rather than relying on my preconceptions of what it used to be.

Our trips were quite some time back- the 50th and then a couple of years later. We went when the overriding sentiment was that the locals hated California Adventure- it was strange because we loved it and now it's even better and as I understand it, a great success. We very much enjoyed our trips, but the drive is just something we can't handle, especially now that we have a toddler in our family. I would love for him to see Cars Land, but that drive....sigh.

Enjoy the planning and the trip!

If DL actually is assigning FP's to tickets I think that is a good advancement and saves on little bits of paper, although considering how often I have to look at FP's to verify what time we can return it could also be a big problem for my memory! :rotfl:

Collecting as many fp's as one possibly can in order to use them later in the day, eating up availability for others. At DL, that is not the issue it is at WDW- more parks, bigger crowds translated into a big problem for people who wanted to, for whatever reason, arrive at a park later in the day.

The issue at WDW in most parks except MK is the lack of Tier 1 attractions - Epcot is especially poor considering it's the second busiest park there and really only has TT and Soarin'. So as mentioned above we are offered Living with Land as a Tier 1 and even FP's for Capt EO just to give appearances of more when we all know they never needed FP's in the first place. Most times of the year there weren't any issues arriving at MK even in the afternoon and being able to get FP's for anything. Remember that in the US only MK is higher in attendance than DL so bigger crowds isn't really the issue at WDW other than considering crowds in tandem with the number of (or lack of) E ticket attractions.

Not that impressive?? In an hour?? LMAO :rotfl2:

I've walked 45.1 miles since Monday. Want to challenge me?? Lol :lmao:

I've walked 45.1 miles since Monday. Want to challenge me?? Lol :lmao:

Not on a bet! My feet would be begging for mercy. Remind me to find out where you guys buy your walking shoes.

I'm glad you guys are having a great trip! I wish I could visit this time of year but it's just too hard to miss school in the spring.

I've walked 45.1 miles since Monday. Want to challenge me?? Lo

My apologies- after reading an explanation by others that it was quite doable, I just assumed it was not a huge accomplishment.

No challenges by me, I much prefer the comfort of my own home to do my fp+ collecting. ;)

Enjoy your trip, sounds like you're having a great time!

Last edited:
DLR has enforced return times just like WDW. You cannot "hoard" fps for use later in the day. It is possible to hold as many as that poster did.at once because there are things like world of color and fantasmic that are not connected to the fp system - the time at which you can.pull your next fp is pretty much immediate, and printed on the fp. Also, the fp system in DLR is not connected to DCA, so one can hold fps in each park simultaneously. Park hopping takes very little time, so this is quote doable.

Assuming there is rule.breaking or hoarding going on would be a mistake, imo.
Yup, this. No hoarding - you go at the time listed on the ticket and they enforce it, which I appreciate. I don't know that I've ever bothered to work as hard as it likely is to get that number of fast passes in a single day. But assuming WOC and F! are two of the passes, that's three active ride passes, between two parks...and you don't have to get online months in advance to ride the newest attraction in the park.

My apologies- after reading an explanation by others that it was quite doable, I just assumed it was not a huge accomplishment.

No challenges by me, I much prefer the comfort of my own home to do my fp+ collecting. ;)

Enjoy your trip, sounds like you're having a great time!

Nice edit. ;)

And thanks.

And for the record. I haven't walked 45 miles "collecting FPs". Spontaneity works wonders.

Like right now we are in the Hearthstone Lounge in the Grand Californian drinking a Strauss Tower 10 IPA. They have an entrance into the park so I will probably use my second FP of the day on RSR because it's really cool to ride at night.

Yup, this. No hoarding - you go at the time listed on the ticket and they enforce it, which I appreciate. I don't know that I've ever bothered to work as hard as it likely is to get that number of fast passes in a single day. But assuming WOC and F! are two of the passes, that's three active ride passes, between two parks...and you don't have to get online months in advance to ride the newest attraction in the park.

One was WOC. I had 4 active within an hour. Two for RSR...one for TOT and one for Space Mountain. We used all of them. For anyone with experience....that is not as easy as it sounds.

One was WOC. I had 4 active within an hour. Two for RSR...one for TOT and one for Space Mountain. We used all of them. For anyone with experience....that is not as easy as it sounds.
I can imagine it isn't easy at all. The two for RSR makes some sense to me, day and night I assume? We've been doing DLR with my very young nephews, so there's not a lot of Fast Pass running going on - we do MM for RSR or Star Tours, FP for Space Mountain for the oldest, then ToT for me and my mom or BF, and usually standby for everything else because we need to work around melt downs and naps. I like the spontaneity that DLR allows, especially with the little ones in tow.

Like right now we are in the Hearthstone Lounge in the Grand Californian...

The GC is where we stayed for both our DL trips. It is a gorgeous resort and the service was impeccable. It's the Wilderness Lodge on steroids. If I ever do go back, that's where I'm staying. The private entrance to the park is very nice. Back then you got early entrance to CA, but don't remember the details. At any rate, very nice hotel.

Last edited:
Yes, you get EMH but the FP machines aren't active until the park opens at 9 to the public. You can't even stand in line for them.

This post is sponsored by a man who likes hats. He digs girls named Alice and pink-striped cats. Hooka-smoking caterpillars are the only plus... but FP- is better; disagree if you must.

We checked in, then "checked out" and took in the view from our room. We'll have little sleep because we will be in there soon...

After "suffering" libations from old Trader Sam, our hearts swelled as we "walked" back...a sucker, I am...

Some like to sleep in but we like to go. First at the Gate is something we know...

Straight to the FP and then to the line...we had one in hand and were close to riding at 9...

Off to pull FP for World of Color...some say the show is unlike another...

After our smoke fix it was then off to TOT. To not pull a FP?...Oh, certainly not! Ride it in Standby and then off to Story...who needs an elbow...it's all about Glory!

To some, I understand this isn't your pace...but pardon us now as we head off to Space...

Ride it in Standby then what should we do? Let's take a picture...4 is greater than two...

5 is greater than 4...or so I am told. But to pull such a move is certainly bold. Easy to do, it's certainly not...but I'm not a baker and neither are you.

We used the first three and were off to find more. "Collecting" them, no, as some would say, "whoa!" We smoked and we ate and enjoyed the sights.

But due to location we might as well ride. We are ride junkies, it's not easy to hide. We then stopped to smoke by waterfront's side...Damn, Haunted Mansion...we might as well ride (huge HM Mansion FTR)!

Now back to Cali where some call it "Screamin". We've pulled 8 freaking passes, some call it Dreaming.

Because we like short re-rides on our favorite ones....let's pull another...but wait, we aren't done.

Frozen we're not and we choose to ignore. Can't we all feel the same? Do you really want more? Sometimes you walk by, not sure what you'll find...we crushed a kids's dreams...life's not always kind.

With time to kill it's time to drink swill...Nachos and Funwheels...we certainly will.

Enjoying our ride with no wait at night....when life comes together it feels oh, so right...

We've used all our passes, with this the last one. But the night is not short...surely not done. We high five each other and with a tip of a hat....we kiss and we know that we have just killed that...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter