• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Updated Itinerary & Proposal Idea

Yeah...Edgehopper, I definitely agree, that's a great way to propose. It makes me all excited and anxious to get this ball rolling! :love:

The girl I spoke to when I called Disney Floral & Gifts wanted me to do all 3 things. I'm not made of money!!! I'm trying to keep this under-budget! I'm already spending like $3,300 between room,tix,flight, and dining plan..don't get me started on the ring lol. I didn't save up THAT much!

Now..about that ring:

I went today with my grandmother (who was a jeweler for 30yrs) to the jeweler over by me on Long Island, NY. Her and my mother gave some gold jewelry they were kind enough to part with, in order for me to sell..and a few diamonds also. Luckily, I don't have to spend that much out of pocket in order to get a ring.

The design I chose...which they're doing fully custom, I'm gonna jump onto Microsoft Paint lol and see if I can draw this up....wish me luck. I'll post a photo of my drawing and a photo of the ring ASAP. :thumbsup2

Yeah...Edgehopper, I definitely agree, that's a great way to propose. It makes me all excited and anxious to get this ball rolling! :love:

The girl I spoke to when I called Disney Floral & Gifts wanted me to do all 3 things. I'm not made of money!!! I'm trying to keep this under-budget! I'm already spending like $3,300 between room,tix,flight, and dining plan..don't get me started on the ring lol. I didn't save up THAT much!

Now..about that ring:

I went today with my grandmother (who was a jeweler for 30yrs) to the jeweler over by me on Long Island, NY. Her and my mother gave some gold jewelry they were kind enough to part with, in order for me to sell..and a few diamonds also. Luckily, I don't have to spend that much out of pocket in order to get a ring.

The design I chose...which they're doing fully custom, I'm gonna jump onto Microsoft Paint lol and see if I can draw this up....wish me luck. I'll post a photo of my drawing and a photo of the ring ASAP. :thumbsup2

:yay: We'll be (im)patiently waiting ... :teeth:

Now..about that ring:

cant wait to see, what did you go with on the disney florist?

Okay, here's the design. I got 5 diamonds from my mother, 2 much smaller than the other 3. I decided to have it mounted in a triple cluster, with 6 prongs for safety lol, in 14k white gold. They're high mounted so they stand up...from afar, it should look like one big diamond. And with 2 smaller diamonds on prongs on the sides. Total carat weight comes to around 1.3 carats of diamonds total.

2qvqhrl.png

Okay, here's the design. I got 5 diamonds from my mother, 2 much smaller than the other 3. I decided to have it mounted in a triple cluster, with 6 prongs for safety lol, in 14k white gold. They're high mounted so they stand up...from afar, it should look like one big diamond. And with 2 smaller diamonds on prongs on the sides. Total carat weight comes to around 1.3 carats of diamonds total.

]

you are a good man. When will it be done?
You leave in 6 weeks?

Sounds like it will be BEAUTIFUL! :love: Can't wait to see the actual pics once it is all done. Good call with the 6-prong setting - much safer.

As they say in my neck of the woods ... ya done good! :thumbsup2

make sure you have the ring made to her size, or pretty close to it!

My DF proposed in punta cana (on the back porch of the hotel room, and it was perfect, because i too don't like standing out in public) The ring was a size too big and though I wore it the whole week, i had rigged up a hair elastic to wrap around my finger and the ring so it wouldn't fall off(especially in the pool!)

He had time to get down on one knee. we were on back porch and he asked me to check something in the room, or get a water or something from inside so i walked away from him and when i came back he was on one knee.

Congratulations on your upcoming engagement. I am sure however you choose to pop the question she will love it!

My husband proposed to me in Disneyland. He walked around all day carrying our video camera bag and would not let me touch it. Turns out my ring was hidden it the bag. We had just sat in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle about 30 minutes before the fireworks were going to start and all of the sudden he got down on one knee and proposed. I have no idea if anyone saw. I was just in shock.

make sure you have the ring made to her size, or pretty close to it!

My DF proposed in punta cana (on the back porch of the hotel room, and it was perfect, because i too don't like standing out in public) The ring was a size too big and though I wore it the whole week, i had rigged up a hair elastic to wrap around my finger and the ring so it wouldn't fall off(especially in the pool!)

He had time to get down on one knee. we were on back porch and he asked me to check something in the room, or get a water or something from inside so i walked away from him and when i came back he was on one knee.

Well...within the first couple months of us going out, I got her a silver ring, and she wears it on her left ring finger. So I know her ring size...I'm good. No worries. :thumbsup2

It all sounds fabulous, my only thought is: propose as early as possible so she can wear the ring all week and you can really enjoy the "just engaged" feeling for your entire vacation!! I say propose on the first day if you can! Disney can probably help you make it magical however you choose to do it, as long as you plan a little bit in advance.

Have a great time and good luck!

I totally agree with this!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter