Updated Itinerary & Proposal Idea

Since you're staying on club level, I think if you talked to your CL staff beforehand, they mightbe able to set something up so that it would be there right when you check in. So when you go into the room to check it out, maybe it could be out on the balcony or something? That would give you a chance to get in with your luggage, settle a bit as you explore the room, kwim?

Or have them set it up when you go down to the pool or dinner that first night and do it in your room at sunset before you take off for DTD. You can pull a "oh, I forgot the camera - let's run up to the room really quick to grab it." YOu might not leave the room again that night, due to all your, uh, private celebrations. ;)

i think the wishes idea is great (girls love that kind of stuff)

you could tag a photographer near the castle and let him know what you're going to do (or even consider a trusty looking stand-by person and hand them a camera to capture the moment)

also, id slip the check in person a note that says "I'm going to propose" and perhaps they may add to the magic

agree with proposing 1st or 2nd night so she can sport the ring in all the vaca photos

there is a wishes dessert party outdoors on the noodle terrace in magic kingdom that may be the perfect blend to give you room to propose with a photographer and the ambiance of the firework and castle in the background. I'm sure the photographer would take a ton of pics for you and the castle in the background would be awesome. (you can look up pics of the dessert party on the forums)

good luck

Just make sure that the concierge staff knows that you haven't proposed yet. Sometimes they hand the buttons out when you check in.

Have you considered having a cake with "Will you Marry Me?" written on it waiting next to the roses? Maybe it's just because I like cake... but being proposed to by a cake sounds pretty awesome to me. :banana: If you get chocolate cake it might help set that "romantic mood" for after the proposal. :woohoo:

I proposed to my wife (10 years ago!) at the entrance to Epcot. It was our first park for the trip so she got to show the ring off the whole trip. I told the photgrapher I was going to do it and he caught the whole thing. Disney gave us a great deal on pics too. Congratulations! Dont forget to let us know how it goes!:banana:

This!

I have "casually" mentioned to my boyfriend that even if he won't propose to me at Disney, I want a photographer there to capture the moment. The real moment, not just my engagement pictures. I want to remember every little detail ... so I've *also* "casually" mentioned that if he proposed at France at Epcot, he could do so "in front" of the Eiffel tower with a photographer present. If you guys aren't very much into attention, this obviously wouldn't work.

Sounds great!

My older son proposed 6 1/2 year ago in Epcot, in front of the big Christmas tree! He was so nervous, keeping track of the ring, he had to get it on her finger pronto!

You're getting some great ideas here.

And congratulations!

Wow! Thanks all you guys! I had NO idea that you're so into this lol. You rock! The chocolate cake and gift bag are both amazing ideas. =)

As far as where to actually do the proposing, what are her feelings about public displays of affection?

It may sound weird, but I'm excited for you! Only on the DIS boards do like minded people get so invested in helping a stranger prepare for special occasions.

As far as where to actually do the proposing, what are her feelings about public displays of affection?

Public displays of affection she's cool with...I mean..as long as we're not on top of each other in the mall or something lol. As far as proposing in public, she's against that. She thinks it's something once-in-a-lifetime and ultra-romantic where it should be done and celebrated in private. She gets shy and embarrassed easily...she hates when we or she stands out in public at all.

In conclusion! I'm gonna do it in the room...and go with both of these:

http://www.disneyflorist.com/product/disneyfloralandgifts-waltdisneyworldflorist-Disney-Mickey-Minnie-gift-basket-chocolate-champagne-congratulations/display

http://www.disneyflorist.com/product/disneyfloralandgifts-waltdisneyworldflorist-engagement-pixie-dust-flowers/display

Definitely do it the first day. I did it last year and was totally in knots until it was done (Polynesian beach after dinner). She was on cloud 9 the entire trip, and we had fun with the "just engaged" buttons. It was her first time, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping the proposal would make her love Disney World. Certainly didn't hurt. She agreed to going back for our 1st anniversary.

Definitely do it the first day. I did it last year and was totally in knots until it was done (Polynesian beach after dinner). She was on cloud 9 the entire trip, and we had fun with the "just engaged" buttons. It was her first time, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping the proposal would make her love Disney World. Certainly didn't hurt. She agreed to going back for our 1st anniversary.

Well...here's to me wishing the same thing lol. Get it? Wishing? Oh nevermind...:rotfl2: :thumbsup2

Public displays of affection she's cool with...I mean..as long as we're not on top of each other in the mall or something lol. As far as proposing in public, she's against that. She thinks it's something once-in-a-lifetime and ultra-romantic where it should be done and celebrated in private. She gets shy and embarrassed easily...she hates when we or she stands out in public at all.

http://www.disneyflorist.com/product/disneyfloralandgifts-waltdisneyworldflorist-Disney-Mickey-Minnie-gift-basket-chocolate-champagne-congratulations/display

http://www.disneyflorist.com/product/disneyfloralandgifts-waltdisneyworldflorist-engagement-pixie-dust-flowers/display

I think this is great, I wish my DH did this for me :lmao:
But about the flowers, what if you did a glass slipper instead, you could have the ring in it and they can even engrave it with the date. This way you can take it home with you, the flowers will not make it back home with you

Propose on the first day.

My dh proposed to me in Disney. He had the ring in his back pack & kept that back pack next to him the entire flight there as well as that first day.

He took it to DtD that night but didn't find the right spot, hence the reason he carried it with him-to find that perfect spot.

Well he found the most perfect spot that night, well I think it was perfect-at the Poly, on a hammock in front of the Hawaii building, hammock closest to the TTC (he wanted privacy). We were waiting for the fireworks to start at my favorite resort looking at my favorite park & my favorite castle when he asked me to marry him.

I wore that ring the whole week & thankfully it fit.

Congrats...

Propose on the first day.

My dh proposed to me in Disney. He had the ring in his back pack & kept that back pack next to him the entire flight there as well as that first day.

He took it to DtD that night but didn't find the right spot, hence the reason he carried it with him-to find that perfect spot.

Well he found the most perfect spot that night, well I think it was perfect-at the Poly, on a hammock in front of the Hawaii building, hammock closest to the TTC (he wanted privacy). We were waiting for the fireworks to start at my favorite resort looking at my favorite park & my favorite castle when he asked me to marry him.

I wore that ring the whole week & thankfully it fit.

Congrats...
that is so nice :love:

Cool! I didn't mean anything creepy by my question but I wasn't sure how else to word it. I am like your soon-to-be fiance...I would want something like this to be private but I didn't want to impose my preferences when I asked the question.

Your floral choices are really nice.

Your choices from the Disney florist are PERFECT! :love: :thumbsup2

Any advance pics of the ring for us so we can all swoon over that in advance? :teeth:

I think this is great, I wish my DH did this for me :lmao:
But about the flowers, what if you did a glass slipper instead, you could have the ring in it and they can even engrave it with the date. This way you can take it home with you, the flowers will not make it back home with you

The glass slipper is a great idea, vs the flowers. Having a keepsake of your engagement - that would be awesome.

Also - the pkg you chose with the champagne flutes - super cute because you can also use those same flutes at your wedding!

One other thing - do you know her ring size? Please make sure the ring will fit by either stealing/borrowing a ring that she already owns that you know fits that finger and taking it to the jeweler to size to, or getting the adjustable ring guard thing. Or you can always take an imprint in silly putty set in an Altoids tin (that's what DH did - sneaky sneaky! I was wondering why he all of a sudden carried altoids for 3 days).
That way she can WEAR the ring on your vacation and not freak out about possibly losing it when she has her hands up on space mountain or something. A friend proposed on beach in Autralia, and she couldn't wear the ring until they'd had it fitted. She was too scared to wear it as they snorkeled the reef since it was kind of loose.

Just a tip...

Oh, and also send a wedding invite to Mickey and Minnie. (from a pin I repinned on pinterest:http://pinterest.com/pin/14636767508514111/)

I think these are both great ideas! Please let us know how it goes!!

And completely off topic, but my boyfriend's mom was telling me a story that a coworker was proposed to during the Flight of Wonder show at AK ... I saw this show yesterday (and I'm terrified of birds) and the whole time I was scared my boyfriend would think this was a good idea. Absolutely terrified me, lol.

Great idea, but consider this instead: From Mickey and Minnie with Love. It adds to the Mickey and Minnie gift basket, as you return to a room dimly lit by electronic candles (and a blinking Tinkerbell somewhere in the room), finding a bed with rose petals arranged in a heart shape. When I proposed last May, that's the package I got, for a little over $200, and it was amazingly unique (though my proposal was public, in front of the Beauty and the Beast topiary at Epcot during F&GF). If you want, I'll try to find my pictures of the decorated room for you.

Let's see if I shared photos from Facebook correctly:

Photos of our room, decorated with the From Love With Mickey and Minnie package:

247473_661255227375_1042244_n.jpg

225559_661255252325_5310560_n.jpg

And because proposal photos are always fun, even if a little off topic here:

225351_661254913005_4134176_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter