• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Updated Itinerary & Proposal Idea

drj898

Mouseketeer
Okay, exactly 6 weeks from today we'll be leaving for disney world! Pretty psyched...gotta say lol. Even my girlfriend mentioned it's exactly 6wks. Which really makes me happy that she's looking forward to it. Anyway, I've tweaked and tooled around with this plan for the past 3 months or so, which sounds kinda pathetic now that I type that out. I just wanted to get you guys' opinions with it, and tell me what you think.

We'll be staying 5 nights at AKL, club level. Jetblue..early morning departure, midnight arrival back here in NYC. We'll have the regular DDP, not deluxe.

Day 1-(Thursday, July 12th) - Arrival Day; Arrives 11:29AM; take Magical Express to AKL, Check-in when we can, lounge snacks & relaxation with possible pool time; 6:00PM dinner at Boma. Then off to Downtown Disney for shopping, and drinks...

Day 2-(F 13) - Club or Mara breakfast, RD Hollywood Studios; snack or CS lunch; mid-day break (1ish - 4ish); Back to DHS, 6:00PM dinner at Mama Melrose, Fantasmic package show at 9:00PM.

Day 3-(Sat 14) - Crystal Palace (8:15am ADR (OOP)) breakfast, RD Magic Kingdom; snack or CS lunch; mid-day break (1ish - 4ish); 6:00PM dinner at Artist Point, back to Magic Kingdom for Wishes at 10PM.

Day 4-(Su 15) - Sunrise Safari (with breakfast), RD'ish Animal Kingdom, snack or CS lunch, 5:45PM dinner at Sanaa...then..who knows!

Day 5-(M 16) - Club or Mara breakfast, RD Epcot (FW); snack or CS lunch(es)..yeah...multiple lunches. Plural. Around World Showcase (OOP if necessary) lol; 5:45PM dinner at Tutto Italia, Illuminations at 9:00PM.

Day 6-(Tues 17) - Club, Mara, or In-room (OOP) breakfast, back to whichever park she liked the most, we'll decide meals with points and stuff. Magical Express picks us up at 6:30PM, flight departs at 9:29PM.

I've decided to go OOP for Sanaa, Boma, and Crystal Palace. And as far as proposing, I was thinking I'll have something from concierge waiting in our room, like flowers and when she turns around to give me a big hug & a kiss, I'll be on one knee. :love::thumbsup2

Soooo whatcha think???

It all sounds fabulous, my only thought is: propose as early as possible so she can wear the ring all week and you can really enjoy the "just engaged" feeling for your entire vacation!! I say propose on the first day if you can! Disney can probably help you make it magical however you choose to do it, as long as you plan a little bit in advance.

Have a great time and good luck!

I agree with Sunshine Girl, propose on the first day so you guys can bask in the happiness your entire trip!

i'd do it about half way thru Wishes!! right in front of MK!. Wishes is allready a romantic setting as far as a WDW trip I cant think of a better time to do it!! That would be awesome! Maybe you could do MK the fist full day instead of waiting, or instead of DTD the first nite watch "Wishes" from the poly or see if the CR will let you do it there... LOL im such a SAP

Sounds wonderful! What about watching Wishes the first night and proposing to her during it? And then when you get back to your room have some flowers delivered with the Just Engaged buttons! :love:

Either way, whatever way you decide to propose I'm sure it will be magical!

I proposed to my wife (10 years ago!) at the entrance to Epcot. It was our first park for the trip so she got to show the ring off the whole trip. I told the photgrapher I was going to do it and he caught the whole thing. Disney gave us a great deal on pics too. Congratulations! Dont forget to let us know how it goes!:banana:

This sounds wonderful, congratulations to you both in anticipation. You are going to have a trip to remember.....

Plans sound great! I agree with PPs though - propose EARLY in the trip so she can wear that button and enjoy showing off the ring. ;)

Early congrats and hope your trip is magical pixiedust: Definitely come back after and let us know how it went! :yay:

Thanks everyone! I'll be sure to post a nice romantic TR when we get back!

Having "just engaged" buttons waiting in the room with whatever I decide to have in the room is a fantastic idea! I think flowers....would that be enough?

I'll definitely be proposing on the first day, no doubt. I'm going to propose privately...doing it on Main St. with Wishes or at the entrance to a park is way too risky...she gets really really shy and she's not a Disney-head like us.

What do you think about the itinerary though? I decided we'll use half credits and half OOP for AP and OOP for Sanaa. Meal credits for everything else.

I think your itinerary looks great. You have planned a lot and it shows. ;) It is going to go great for you, I just know it ;)

Flowers waiting in the room is a wonderful idea. What about some chocolate covered strawberries? I don't see anything here I would improve upon as far as the plan.

She's a lucky girl! :love:

I think your itinerary looks great. You have planned a lot and it shows. ;) It is going to go great for you, I just know it ;)

Flowers waiting in the room is a wonderful idea. What about some chocolate covered strawberries? I don't see anything here I would improve upon as far as the plan.

She's a lucky girl! :love:

Thanks!

Nope...no strawberries. She has a mild allergy that makes her asthma flare up. I mean...i wanna take her breath away but not like THAT ...LOL...

Any other clever ideas besides a big bouquet of flowers and "just engaged" buttons?

Not sure if you're drinkers - but what about 2 champagne flutes and a bottle waiting in the room with the flowers?

DH did something similar in a hotel room before we went out for a fancy dinner and I liked that he did it in private instead of where the whole restaurant could see. Not that I didn't show that ring off to everyone who looked in our direction that night!

Best wishes for a great trip!

Since you're staying club level - talk to the staff ahead of time, I'm sure they will have some magical ideas and may be able to get your room set up early.

Maybe they could help you plan something in the club lounge?

Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Does she have a favorite character? You could buy a small stuffed one and have it holding the ring when you pop the question.

Thanks!

Nope...no strawberries. She has a mild allergy that makes her asthma flare up. I mean...i wanna take her breath away but not like THAT ...LOL...

Any other clever ideas besides a big bouquet of flowers and "just engaged" buttons?

Ooh :eek: Okay, strike that :laughing:

I think a proposal during Wishes, while gazing at the castle, would be the most romantic thing ever...she'll never look at the castle again without thinking about that magical moment....

What about on the beach at the Poly, in an out of the way private spot, while watching wishes...that would be more private for you...

OP, I've been thinking about this all afternoon. :teeth:

I think you said when she sees the flowers and turns around, you're going to be down on one knee. That sounds like a great idea, but what if she sees the flowers and immediately turns around without you having time to "get into position" so to speak?

What about having a bag of Disney goodies along with the flowers? The Disney Florist can make up a bag for you. Maybe they (or hotel CM) could put the "Just Engaged" pin in the bottom of the bag. Have her go through the bag (which will take a couple of minutes, rather than the quick reaction to flowers), which would then give you the time you may need to get down on bended knee.

Just a thought. ;) Can't wait to read the TR when you get back. I love romance! :lovestruc

Okay, exactly 6 weeks from today we'll be leaving for disney world! Pretty psyched...gotta say lol. Even my girlfriend mentioned it's exactly 6wks. Which really makes me happy that she's looking forward to it. Anyway, I've tweaked and tooled around with this plan for the past 3 months or so, which sounds kinda pathetic now that I type that out. I just wanted to get you guys' opinions with it, and tell me what you think.

We'll be staying 5 nights at AKL, club level. Jetblue..early morning departure, midnight arrival back here in NYC. We'll have the regular DDP, not deluxe.

Day 1-(Thursday, July 12th) - Arrival Day; Arrives 11:29AM; take Magical Express to AKL, Check-in when we can, lounge snacks & relaxation with possible pool time; 6:00PM dinner at Boma. Then off to Downtown Disney for shopping, and drinks...

Day 2-(F 13) - Club or Mara breakfast, RD Hollywood Studios; snack or CS lunch; mid-day break (1ish - 4ish); Back to DHS, 6:00PM dinner at Mama Melrose, Fantasmic package show at 9:00PM.

Day 3-(Sat 14) - Crystal Palace (8:15am ADR (OOP)) breakfast, RD Magic Kingdom; snack or CS lunch; mid-day break (1ish - 4ish); 6:00PM dinner at Artist Point, back to Magic Kingdom for Wishes at 10PM.

Day 4-(Su 15) - Sunrise Safari (with breakfast), RD'ish Animal Kingdom, snack or CS lunch, 5:45PM dinner at Sanaa...then..who knows!

Day 5-(M 16) - Club or Mara breakfast, RD Epcot (FW); snack or CS lunch(es)..yeah...multiple lunches. Plural. Around World Showcase (OOP if necessary) lol; 5:45PM dinner at Tutto Italia, Illuminations at 9:00PM.

Day 6-(Tues 17) - Club, Mara, or In-room (OOP) breakfast, back to whichever park she liked the most, we'll decide meals with points and stuff. Magical Express picks us up at 6:30PM, flight departs at 9:29PM.

I've decided to go OOP for Sanaa, Boma, and Crystal Palace. And as far as proposing, I was thinking I'll have something from concierge waiting in our room, like flowers and when she turns around to give me a big hug & a kiss, I'll be on one knee. :love::thumbsup2

Soooo whatcha think???

sounds like a fantastic vacation! I would, first night, take the bus to MK, then hop the monorail to Poly (or, if you are going to DTD, take the bus to Poly from there). Then I would saunter out to the beach, a quiet area of it, and propose during Wishes. It would be just the 2 of you...but in a very beautiful spot. Then you can go inside and have a celebratory drink at Tambu Lounge :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter