*Updated* Help! Quick crash course needed on the current method at Disney that replaced FastPass+ (Plus itinerary help!)

laurajetter

Mouseketeer<br><Font color="red">The Tag Fairy thi
Updated question: What exactly is Virtual Queue? I just noticed it on the app but the explanation is a little vague, and I don’t understand if it works in conjunction with Lightning Lanes or not.

My family planned a trip to Orlando (we're here now!) but originally were not going to do Disney simply due to not being able to afford a whole week there. Decided to relax around the Margaritaville Orlando resort and surrounding area, but ended up realizing we couldn't completely ignore Disney and planned for one day in MK and one at TL. The thing is, the last time we were at Disney was in 2018 and FastPass+ is all I'm familiar with. For one reason or another, I haven't gotten around to researching what system they are currently using or how it works.

I've seen things briefly on the app about Genie or Genie+ and Lightning Lane entrances, but I we are going to MK TOMORROW and I don't know how it all works. I can't believe I haven't figured this all out beforehand... Usually I'm on top of things and like to fully understand this kind of stuff before going. Can anyone give me a basic rundown of how line skipping now operates or maybe direct me to a link or thread that goes over these details? Isn't there a cost for it now?

If it helps, we have a family of four (myself, DH, DS13 & DS17), our plan is to make the most of the entire day, from rope drop all the way to waiting for the hoards to leave and just watch the kiss goodnight and emptiness before we HAVE to leave (I know we will be exhausted, but I need to get my fill with only ONE day there!). We will avoid parades and fireworks and focus on our favorite rides, possibly more than once each (our must-sees are BTMR, Haunted Mansion, POTC... maybe once for Small World, Space Mountain and CoP), with whatever else we come across that seems interesting in between.

Also, if anyone is so inclined, feel free to give opinions on the best approach/itinerary for hitting our favorites (as outlined above), possibly more than once, and how to incorporate the Lightning Lanes (or whatever the system is called).

Thank you all for any advice... I've been so busy lately, helping my mom with daily things as she is aging and I feel like I haven't had time to breathe let alone look into all this. I know you guys know your stuff and I look to you all for guidance this time around!!! :worship::flower3:

Last edited:

Links provided above are great sources. Basic run down, Genie is included in MDE to check wait times and guide your day. Basically worthless. Genie+ is at cost per person but lets you book Lightning Lanes (similar to old FP+) and then Individual Lightening Lanes are another additional cost per person (Molly calls these Fancy rides, Tron at MK as example) There are time limits and known glitches & workarounds, Molly at Mammoth is great at explaining it easy but in depth. Have a great time and be sure to stay hydrated!

I'd personally rope drop and head toward Frontierland since on site guests get early access to Tomorrowland and Fantasyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter