• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

UPDATED!!! Gmax THRILLING September Adventure! Featuring LOTS of DISers!

When we got to the table, we had the same waitress I had the first night I was there with Punkin and Vandy! Her name is Maureen. I LOVE her hair! She could EASILY be in a sitcom! So if you see her, tell her Hello from The DIS!

6c5e5d2d.jpg

MAUREEN!!!

How fun you got the same waitress. She was great!

Toooooo CUTE!!

:lmao:

IMG_3025.jpg

NEVER AGAIN . . .

Oh you should!! :laughing:

"WELL YOU HAD BETTER DECIED WHAT YOU'RE GONNA DO CAUS-". I stopped her, and told her that I'd been through here before and I know how much time I have to decide. Without looking at the man, I semi-yelled, "HOW DO I KNOW WHEN IT'S GOING TO TAKE OFF"? He calmly said, "When that light turns green". I'm thinking, Well, it's too late to pray, that light could change in any second- and besides, Jesus did NOT tell you to get on, so don't ask Him to help you now-and this could be fun, you've always wanted to see what this ride is like-you should try things while you're still a bit young, besides, thi- GREEEEEEEEN!!!!
On the way out, I had to take another pic . . .

IMG_3027.jpg

After triumphantly leaving RnR, we went back to ToyStory. Not a REAL good choice for me since it spins a bit, but whatever. After this we were leaving the park anyway. The second ride was even better than the first! My score was a bit higher this time! This is such a great ride!

OMG!!!! Talk about being dizzzzzy! I am about to fall out of my chair :rotfl2:

THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!! :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: That is one of the funniest thing's in a TR that I've read in a awhile. I am SO glad you rode RnR!!!!!

YOU GO GIRL!!!

Hmmmm . . . . I've Got IT! POP CENTURY!!!!

I'm so glad you guys went to check out Pop. It's great!!

It was really fun seeing the ones from my childhood - especially the one with Atari and the games. I STILL have mine and about 20 games.

Meeeee Toooooooo!!! Haven't played it in awhile but it's SO fun on the big screen :3dglasses

These are so cute!!! Great job!

Looks like a really cool place. I would definitely like to add this to my list of 'to do's' :rolleyes:

IMG_3053.jpg

Warning: The "costumes" above were stolen from VandyFan and Punkin.

Wooooo Hooooooo :woohoo: you copied us :laughing:

I thought those were a great addition for the Halloween party!! And they weren't so pricy. I just wasn't willing to spend all that $$$ to dress up especially after paying for the extra ticket :headache:

But I LOVED those 'deely-boppers' I thought they were FUN!!!

And we were both PINK girls!! :cutie:

Great Party pics. I can't wait until we get to that part of our TR. With all the pics we have and at this rate it will be next halloween :rotfl:

I could have shown you my fave bldg... overlooking the Lake... great sunrise... great sun set.. great fireworks from Epcot.

Antss What is your fave spot @ Pop. I am FOR SURE going back there.

But of course I can do another room request just to get the exact OPPOSITE spot! :confused3

I'm ashamed I'm this late to the party! Great report so far!

Subbing and you're up to page 10 already. I always love reading your TRs. I've only gotten to your Epcot day so far. I'll finish the rest tomorrow - but, by then, there will be a lot more pages to read.

Anymore Baltimore DisMeets coming up soon? Would love to meet you IRL. I couldn't make the one in July - it was DHs birthday.

Hey Daughter Glenda! I finally got here. Let me start at the beginning - I don't understand what's wrong with the young men these days. I've got three girls out there that are beautiful, smart, great personalities, and a load of fun (that would be you, Timmy, and Abby) - guys should be lined up begging to be your man. When I found a girl as great as you three I swept her off her feet and didn't even think about letting her go - and I'm still thrilled to have her 27 years later. C'mon guys, don't miss out. But then again, maybe you don't even need them. You're all strong and independent women (which I think are even more great qualities). Just keep on keepin' on and you never know what will happen.

As usual, it is a blast seeing all the different DISers that you get to meet - thanks for letting us in on it with this great TR!

I want to do RnR, but I'm afraid that Jesus would be at the end of it welcoming me Home, and saying something like "Gee whiz, Fred, didn't you see the sign I had them put up for you about people with heart problems and the like?"

Glad you enjoyed MNSSHP - like Abby said, even with the torrential rain that eliminated most of the party, it was still well worth it. I absolutely loved the grave diggers in the parade. How did your mom like the party and parade?

And the tattoos - when you are ready go for it. Remember that Lynn was 51 when she got Tinkerbelle (or T3, as we refer to her here).

Even without the video I'm enjoying the pics and your always interesting commentary.

Oh so much to read!! I loved the parade pictures!
And what a grown up girl! YOU WENT ON RNR!!:banana:

Thank you for sharing all the photos. I never get to go in the Fall and seeing the photos I can pretend I am there.

I just love reading your trip reports. :goodvibes You have inspired me to go to MVMCP. We went on hour honeymoon 8 years ago, so I wasn't going to do it again. But then I didn't stop to smell the roses, so I am thinking of doing it again.
I am also going to be staying at AKV Concierge in Dec. I will be celebrating my 60th birthday (which was in May). So I am loving the pictures and information you are sharing. Thanks so very much.:flower3:
Penny:hippie:

Hey Daughter Glenda! I finally got here. Let me start at the beginning - I don't understand what's wrong with the young men these days. I've got three girls out there that are beautiful, smart, great personalities, and a load of fun (that would be you, Timmy, and Abby) - guys should be lined up begging to be your man. When I found a girl as great as you three I swept her off her feet and didn't even think about letting her go - and I'm still thrilled to have her 27 years later. C'mon guys, don't miss out. But then again, maybe you don't even need them. You're all strong and independent women (which I think are even more great qualities). Just keep on keepin' on and you never know what will happen.

As usual, it is a blast seeing all the different DISers that you get to meet - thanks for letting us in on it with this great TR!

I want to do RnR, but I'm afraid that Jesus would be at the end of it welcoming me Home, and saying something like "Gee whiz, Fred, didn't you see the sign I had them put up for you about people with heart problems and the like?"

Glad you enjoyed MNSSHP - like Abby said, even with the torrential rain that eliminated most of the party, it was still well worth it. I absolutely loved the grave diggers in the parade. How did your mom like the party and parade?

And the tattoos - when you are ready go for it. Remember that Lynn was 51 when she got Tinkerbelle (or T3, as we refer to her here).

Even without the video I'm enjoying the pics and your always interesting commentary.

:hug: :hug: :hug: daddy Fred!!! Hope to get to hug you three this coming December...

I would love to go then too! Hopefully, I can go the second week in December. If I get that week off, I'll let you know! Maybe we can take a side trip to you know where, to see you know what, and buy some Harry Potter souveniers . . .

I think our planning MO will be the same as this year, go towards the beginning of the month and try to avoid Pop Warner week. If the 2nd week is your option for vacation, I'm quite sure we'll make sure everything coincides! The mom and dad aren't HP fans ... but I'd love a little side trip!

:hug: :hug: :hug: daddy Fred!!! Hope to get to hug you three this coming December...

*crosses fingers* here's hoping!!!

I'm BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1:

ok all caught up.

sounds like a fun time at the party. sorry I missed it but I will be going to the XMAS one.

I ate at Cape May once and it was gooood..

great update and pics.

Day 6 - Thursday, 9/11
Magic Kingdom!!!

Finally, the day had come, the day we all long for while in our "real lives": waking up and knowing that you're going to The MAGIC KINGDOM!

Today I put on my Cinderella shirt - she's my fav. It's a blue shirt with just her HUGE face on it. I told my Mother, just think, someday, I'll be able to wear a shirt with a Black Princess on it!!! Hmmm . . . I wonder if she'll look like me!
IMG_3234.jpg

I didnt think driving would give us an advantage, because we'd have to go through the ticket and transportation center. So I took a chance and headed for the bus stop. Needless to say, the bus took a LONG time comming. And by the time it got there, it was packed. Fortunantly, my Mother (and I) was able to get a seat.

IMG_3241.jpg

Well, folks when you have a crowded bus, of course you have a story or two to tell: There was a family, husband, wife, 2 girls, toddler boy. The husband sat towards the front of the bus, the wife headed back towards us with the kids holding a drink, her bag and think some snacks. Her hands were full. She sat the 2 girls in one seat, and told the toddler to sit in the other. Well, he didnt want to. Hmmm . . . So the lady just stood by the seat trying to convince him to sit down. Yes, a grown woman was having a CONVERSATION with her toddler son, still in diapers. Soon the bus started moving. Both the Mom and Toddler lurchered forward. Neither fell, but the boy could've REALLY hurt himself, because the Mother's arms were FULL.

Well, after seeing the above, I was ANGRY! #1 I don't think any parent should be having a conversation with their children especially if the child is STILL in DIAPERS. #2 That child could have REALLY been hurt. I was sick of this site. So . . . I gave my bag to my Mother, stood up, picked up the child and sat him down in the seat, and then returned to my seat. My Mother and that child were both STUNNED! I then braced myself for some outrage from the Mother. After all, a strange Black woman had just handled her White child . . . So what did I hear? What happened you ask? "OH thank you so much . . . you have a wet bottom now though". You see, the seat had a little bit of water in it. BUT HE IS A DIAPER-WEARING TODDLER! When the woman next to us heard her say that, she said something like, "better a wet bottom then to fall down and hurt himself". THANK YOU!

After that, the lady became chatty with us, and noticed that she, my Mother and I all had on the same "Cleo" Crocs.
110.jpg
This led to a conversation with the lady sitting next to my Mother about Crocs and how their not hot and don't stink, etc . . .

So folks, a fight did not break out on the bus, much to Mother's relief. When we got off the bus, she said that she STILL couldnt believe what I did! See? Already I have sooo much to tell you all, and we haven't even arrived at the park yet! HA!

Well, even though we'd been to Magic Kingdom already for the Halloween Party, it's still not like being there in the morning! Of course the LATE bus caused us to miss the rope drop ceremony. But we were still excited to be there!

IMG_3239.jpg

IMG_3233.jpg

IMG_3236.jpg

IMG_3237.jpg

Finally we walked under the train station, and onto Main Street! What a FEELING!

IMG_3129.jpg

IMG_3127.jpg

IMG_3128.jpg

IMG_3130.jpg

IMG_3131.jpg

The FUN was just about to begin!

Day 6

When I'm in Magic Kingdom, I think about all the hours on the computer, and at work wishing I was there, and it feels like a dream. So needless to say, I don't follow the touring rules. I go directly to the right, to TomorrowLand first!

IMG_3134.jpg
The crowd was light! We headed to Buzz Lightyear first.

IMG_3135.jpg

IMG_3136.jpg

IMG_3138.jpg

IMG_3139.jpg

IMG_3141.jpg

IMG_3143.jpg

The only other ride we did was the the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. We like to sit side-by-side and put our feet up! After we got off, I made sure to find the place that sold the cream cheese - filled pretzels! You remember, in June I wanted to steal it from MadiMouse in June (My Precious!).

IMG_3144.jpg

IMG_3145.jpg

Well folks, IT WASNT THAT GOOD! Can you believe it?! Maybe they taste better later on in the day.

Soon we were off to Fantasy Land. Of course comming from Tomorrowland, the first ride we got to was The Teacups. I offered to hold my Mother's bag, so she could spin to her hearts content. Now, even just looking at that ride makes me sick!

IMG_3146.jpg

IMG_3148.jpg

IMG_3149.jpg

Next was Winnie the Pooh!

IMG_3152.jpg

My Mother pretended that she was teaching me how to read, and pointed to words, asking me what they were. The first time, I sounded out the word wrong, and said the wrong word. My Mother looked at me like I was crazy! Then I just kept doing it! HA!

IMG_3151.jpg

IMG_3153.jpg

IMG_3154.jpg

IMG_3155.jpg

IMG_3156.jpg

I just love how the MK gets decorated for Halloween, it looks so nice!

You and your mom are so cute with your Winnie the Pooh routine. :rotfl:

Day 6 cont.

The crowd was still thin, as we headed over to Snow White!

IMG_3162.jpg

IMG_3161.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

Since no one was in the car in front, nor behind us, I broke the rules and took some pics WITH the flash! Yes folks, I'm a REBEL!

IMG_3166.jpg

IMG_3170.jpg

IMG_3171.jpg

IMG_3172.jpg

IMG_3173.jpg

IMG_3174.jpg

After being relieved that Snow White was brought back from the death with a kiss, we took some pics of the "backside" of Cinderella's castle!

IMG_3175.jpg

IMG_3176.jpg

Now it was time for Mickey's Philharmagic! I LOVE this movie! I wish they would do one that was a bit scary or more adult though!

It was cool watching this from the second row in the center, with no one in front of us. I have to admit that I did feel a bit cross-eyed but it FUN!

IMG_3177.jpg

IMG_3178.jpg

Get excited! It's time for my Mother's favorite (not), "It's a Small World"! HA!

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

IMG_3182.jpg

IMG_3183.jpg

IMG_3185.jpg

My Mother HATES this ride! Yet, I tell her that you can't come to Magic Kingdom without getting on it! It just wouldn't be right!

Soon we headed over to the Haunted Mansion. This has to be my favorite! I love reading the tomb stones on the way in, and trying to notice different details about the Ghosts.

IMG_3200.jpg

IMG_3196.jpg

IMG_3199.jpg

IMG_3198.jpg

On the way over to Frontier Land, we took these shots. I think this area gives some pretty good views of the Mansion.

IMG_3201.jpg

IMG_3204.jpg

IMG_3206.jpg

IMG_3205.jpg

As we passed Liberty Square, we saw people taking their pics in the stocks - you know where you put your head and hands through the holes. Well, my dear, sweet Mother said, "Wouldn't it be funny if someone put crazy glue on the inside of those holes and people got stuck"! I was shocked! I tried my best to raise my Mother to be a sweet Lady, but I guess when they get over a certain age, there's nothing you can do!

Finally it was time to for my next favorite, THUNDER MOUNTAIN!

IMG_3203.jpg

IMG_3211.jpg

IMG_3210.jpg

As you can see, I was SO excited about riding, but what if I wasnt tall enough to get on . . .

IMG_3212.jpg

But I made it!!! So now it was time to ride! And of course, I screamed, and laughed the whole time, while sliding into my Mother on the curves!

IMG_3213.jpg

IMG_3215.jpg

IMG_3216.jpg

IMG_3217.jpg

As we got off, I spotted one of the things that we DISers love to see - a woman in heels! I HAVE to get some MAJOR DISer POINTS for scoring TWO pics!

IMG_3218.jpg

IMG_3219.jpg

By this time, it was still a bit early. The only other attraction we wanted to get on was Pirates. What to do? Hmmmm . . . . I KNOW! I'll ride SPLASH MOUNTAIN! Who said that, was that ME? AM I drunk? Do I have sun-poisoning? WHY AM I IN LINE?!!!

Well folks, before I knew it, I was in line with my rain poncho in hand, while my Mother waited for me. Fortunantly, when it was time to get on, I ended up on the back row. THANK GOD! I knew from talking to MANY people about this ride, that I had time to enjoy the story before plunging to my death. So I arranged my poncho to achieve maximum coverage, and set off to the Song of the South.

Soon, it was time for the drop. Why oh Why was I doing this? I think it's this crazy DISboards CULT! As the log tipped over the top, I peaked out at the park before ducking my head and trying to make myself disappear. Before I knew it, the drop was OVER! And my stomach did NOT drop! How is this possible! The drop was just fast and a bit noisey! You mean I have been afraid to ride this since 1983 and it isnt bad? Well, at least I got to find out for myself! Now for some Victory Pics! ("I am woman hear me roar . . . ")

IMG_3222.jpg

IMG_3221.jpg

IMG_3224.jpg

And here's the video!

After facing yet another one of my fears, we headed over to Pirates. It was sooo empty. We walked ALL the way through, and straight to the boats.

IMG_3226.jpg

Now that we'd finished everything, we ate at Pecos Bill. I had the chicken wrap, apple slices, water and carrot cake. Everything was good except the McCarrot Cake.

As we headed out, we had to pass up getting a Dole Whip since we were full.

When we hit Main Street, they were having a Family Parade. And yes, I actually stopped and looked - for a few secs!

IMG_3228.jpg

By this time, it was REALLY hot and sunny. So I donned my Gommer Pile hat an Hannah Montana glasses before heading to the bus stop. And sadly, I had to leave the park. My last time at MK . . .

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3231.jpg

IMG_3235.jpg

As we were walking to the bus, MadiMouse called! She and her husband had gotten food poisoning in DisneyLand. But today, they were starting to feel better! My Mother and I were so glad! With that news, we headed to our stop, to go back to the resort for a much needed break!

IMG_3242.jpg

IMG_3243.jpg

Go to Page 13!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter