Don't think they had early access last year, I feel that's something new to push more to sign up of PLUS membership.

Not much history to go on here... Two years ago they were $500 cards and they sold out in minutes. They dropped the value of the cards last year, possible so they could have more inventory without spending more money to do so. The $200 Cards lasted till the next morning at least.

The question we don't know the answer too is, did they invest as much in this years DGC promotion as last year... in other words how many cards do they have compared to last year? My guess is 12:01 or hours later should be fine... but that's only a guess.

Me... I'm a Plus member and I'm going to log in at 10:01 EST and go to bed...

I was able to make 3 online purchases and got all three checkmarks. Even after the first one wasn't showing - it appeared once I made my 2nd purchase.
It worked. After my second purchase of $100 my first and second step were marked completed. Now to get my last step and my bonus $20.

Had a 4x fuel points q on select gift cards for Fred Meyer (kroger). The details didn't seem to single any category out as the select, just that it's not good on the usual cards it's not good on. Our sales ad never has the offer in it so all I can see is the q in the app.

This may have been mentioned but I didn't see it anywhere. Apologies if redundant!

Recently, I was scrolling through Amex offers and there was one for BJs, I clicked it for both mine and DHs cards, but then it seemed to read it was for new memberships so forgot all about it.

I have what used to be the $10 online BJs membership that is coming to an end next month. I don't plan to renew most likely at the full rate, so decided to use my membership a bit before it lapses. I got some good deals on DGCs with the recent $10 coupons. Then I did 2 grocery shops before my membership expire on stuff we could use.

Today I noticed two separate $30 credits - one for DH card and one for mine.

Apparently, the credits DO apply for regular shopping and not just new member fees if anyone has it on their account.

Don't think they had early access last year, I feel that's something new to push more to sign up of PLUS membership.

Not much history to go on here... Two years ago they were $500 cards and they sold out in minutes. They dropped the value of the cards last year, possible so they could have more inventory without spending more money to do so. The $200 Cards lasted till the next morning at least.

The question we don't know the answer too is, did they invest as much in this years DGC promotion as last year... in other words how many cards do they have compared to last year? My guess is 12:01 or hours later should be fine... but that's only a guess.

Me... I'm a Plus member and I'm going to log in at 10:01 EST and go to bed...
been debating becoming a plus member.. used to be and really liked the early hours.. and now that they charge for pickup if you aren't plus, and free shipping, it might be a good excuse to upgrade

I frequently buy Disney gift cards at Target for the RedCard discount. They count toward any Circle bonus.
I have a Circle bonus $20 for 4 $60 purchases, but really have no “needs” for the purchases at this time, but wondered could I purchase “Target gift cards” and have them count towards purchases??
Also, does purchasing Target gift cards get the 5% Red Card discount??

I frequently buy Disney gift cards at Target for the RedCard discount. They count toward any Circle bonus.
I have a Circle bonus $20 for 4 $60 purchases, but really have no “needs” for the purchases at this time, but wondered could I purchase “Target gift cards” and have them count towards purchases??
Also, does purchasing Target gift cards get the 5% Red Card discount??

You can check out the terms for each offer as they do change... Target Gift Cards (as are the Visa, AMX and MC) are specifically excluded. And that is what most have found to be true.

Only the food and entertainment cards are usually discounted.

I was just able to buy 2-$200 DGC online from Sam’s Club….i didn’t think I could purchase until 11/3 but it just worked and I immediately received a confirmation😊 there is a limit of 2 per member At $180 each. I just have the regular membership.

Shows out of stock for me.

Shows out of stock for me.
I ordered online and ”my store” is the Salisbury, Md. store if that makes any difference….the gift cards are digital so it shouldn’t but I did just order about 15 min ago…
** not sure if it makes any difference but I had actually put the gift cards in cart a few days to save for later then just moved them into my cart when I saw the price had changed to $180 a little while ago.

I placed my order for 2 DGC at $180 each from Sam’s Club at 5:00 pm , received my order confirmation at 5:03 and just now received the email with the links to both gift cards 5:27 pm

When I look for $200 cards for $180, it says
“Out of Stock”
It has $180 price, but has said said “Out of Stock” for a day or so.
I am a plus member. I am in NC.

Last edited:
Same for me
I wasn't able to put it in my cart but that might have made the difference?
I think I read that happening another time somewhere.
Yes when I initially placed the DGC in my cart a few days ago they were $185 so I did the “save for later” and when I checked today around 5pm I saw that price said $180 so I moved the cards into my cart and was able to complete the purchase.
ok so I just checked Sam’s again and now I do see the $200 cards showing up for $180 saying Doorbuster and Out of Stock! So I think I was able to purchase mine because I had them in the “save for later”.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter