I just got back from CVS. I had a Chase offer for 10% back up to $5 on my Freedom card. I went over to the rack to find it completely empty with a note that gift cards were behind the registers. I went to the registers and they had Amazon, Starbucks, and Vanilla Visa. That was it. They said they won't be selling them any more due to rampant fraud.

A slightly off topic for the hive, but assume somewhere here can point me in a direction. I have about $500 in remnants between 17 Visa and Amex gift cards. I would like to use off these to secure one $500 DGC. Is there a store site I can "load" these gift cards to and then turn around with that balance and purchase an electronic DGC? Normally, I would do this on Amazon, but they are not selling DGCs.
@FoxC63 thank you for your help today! I'm replying to my OP. I was all set to do the Walmart GC with a subsquent purchase of a DCG, but Walmart site was wonky all afternoon and simply kept spinning and spinning. Aggrivation hit in and I ended up hopping in my car and went to the grocery store as I remembered they sell up to $500 DCG and take multiple payments at register. It was easy, I just kept sliding the cards through at each new balance. Downfall was some of my Visa ones were declined and I couldn't cancel the transaction so I had to put a bit on my credit card. But, I was prepared and brought my Chase with me that gets 5X at grocery just in case!

So here's something, I took the pups off Nexguard and I'm not convinced I should replace it with another product, at least not yet.

A while back I noticed Sherlock acting sluggish for a few days after giving him the chew and this behavior increase every month. He also demonstrated he didn't want anything to do with nexguard no matter how I disguised it, often times spitting it out or throwing up.

Ok here's a question, CashApp says the Target boost "Expires in 8 days".. what date is the last date we think we can use it?!

Just a heads up but my 2 50 dollar gift card from target on todays cash app deal only took 7.50 off total. Maybe they fixed the glitch?

I purchased 2 $50 DGC from Target last night. Only got $7.50 off from the Cash app boost. I bought physical GC by mistake and they haven't shipped yet, so that may be the issue.

So here's something, I took the pups off Nexguard and I'm not convinced I should replace it with another product, at least not yet.

A while back I noticed Sherlock acting sluggish for a few days after giving him the chew and this behavior increase every month. He also demonstrated he didn't want anything to do with nexguard no matter how I disguised it, often times spitting it out or throwing up.
You need something for heartworm.

I’ve always skipped any flea/tick meds unless it’s absolutely necessary. The whole thought of making my pets’ blood toxic to insects creeps me out. I guess if I lived in somewhere where fleas and ticks were around year round I would feel differently.

You need something for heartworm.

I’ve always skipped any flea/tick meds unless it’s absolutely necessary. The whole thought of making my pets’ blood toxic to insects creeps me out. I guess if I lived in somewhere where fleas and ticks were around year round I would feel differently.

They get a yearly injection.

I agree. I've been detoxing them for three weeks now. I feel horrible I may have hurt them.

Very helpful, I will look in to Target and Walmart!
So a DP that contradicts the article posted, but I've been able to split payments via PayPal. Below is a basic screenshot of a purchase I made about a month ago. The $20 amount was the remnant I had on a prepaid card, then was able to apply the rest of the cost to my Capital One card.
Screenshot 2023-08-23 at 8.40.14 PM.png

I did some digging and there isn't a master list of PayPal vendors that allow split payment, but it's something they can opt into in their merchant setup. I'd recommend if you already have Paypal and an idea of where you might like to use it, set up a test cart first. Wouldn't want to add ALL those cards and then not be able to spend it where you want.

Adding that after the above post, I did a little test case, and ShopDisney is one of those PayPal merchants that lets you split, but only 2 ways :) With lots of personal info redacted, I walked through as if I was going to buy a $150 gift card. You opt into the split payment using the slider at the top, pick your first payment method and amount, then select your second payment method.
Screenshot 2023-08-23 at 9.18.26 PM.png

They get a yearly injection.

I agree. I've been detoxing them for three weeks now. I feel horrible I may have hurt them.
Now I'm worried, too! And I just ordered another 6 months worth! Going to cancel the order and talk to the vet about risks and alternatives. We have a lot of deer in NC, and thus a lot of ticks

Now I'm worried, too! And I just ordered another 6 months worth! Going to cancel the order and talk to the vet about risks and alternatives. We have a lot of deer in NC, and thus a lot of ticks

I honestly didn't mean to cause anyone alarm. Only Sherlock was acting unusual not Watson, his playful demeaner has never wavered. Michigan has a lot of deer but in our fenced backyard we get other carriers of ticks and fleas; rabbits, squirrels and cats come to mind so I do find it concerning. For now, detoxing the pups has been my #1 priority. With winter coming, which kills ticks & fleas, I'll have more time to think of other remedies.
I'll definitely need one for Sherlock as we're taking him to Florida in May where fleas are just horrible.

So a DP that contradicts the article posted, but I've been able to split payments via PayPal. Below is a basic screenshot of a purchase I made about a month ago. The $20 amount was the remnant I had on a prepaid card, then was able to apply the rest of the cost to my Capital One card.

I did some digging and there isn't a master list of PayPal vendors that allow split payment, but it's something they can opt into in their merchant setup. I'd recommend if you already have Paypal and an idea of where you might like to use it, set up a test cart first. Wouldn't want to add ALL those cards and then not be able to spend it where you want.

Adding that after the above post, I did a little test case, and ShopDisney is one of those PayPal merchants that lets you split, but only 2 ways :) With lots of personal info redacted, I walked through as if I was going to buy a $150 gift card. You opt into the split payment using the slider at the top, pick your first payment method and amount, then select your second payment method.
Thanks for the update!

Post #6
Cashback (CB) Portals Discounted Gift Card Websites & Apps
Since I posted this info back in 2022 I'm sure PayPal's list has grown exponentially.

PayPal:
Allows Splitting Payments Between Two Cards Update 3/31/22 by DoC
  • Seems like this option is now available at most places where Paypal is accepted.

Added Offers ~ 8/24/23

Discount District

CVS

1692880439909.png
  • Spend $50 on Select Gift Cards & Get $10 Extrabucks Rewards
    • Includes: Panera Bread and Spa & Wellness
    • Limit 1 per household with card
    • Choose from various denominations
    • Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 8/27/23 – 9/02/23.
Credit Cards & More
  • CVS BOA (debit) Offer: Get 5%, up to $2.50.
  • CVS Chase Offer: Get 10% Back On Up To $40 Spend
  • CVS US Bank Cash+ Card: Earn 10% back, up to $3.
  • Bank of America Cash Rewards: Drug Stores
  • Discover 5% Q3 2023: Digital Wallet/Apple Pay

ShopRite

1692883353123.png
  • Buy $50+ Select Gift Cards & Get $10 Off
    • Includes: Bath & Body Works, Domino’s, Gap Brands, Fanatics and Spafinder
    • Limit 1 per customer with card
    • Must be one transaction.
    • Maryland: 8/25/23 – 8/31/23.
    • Outside Maryland: 8/27/23 – 9/02/23.
Credit Cards & More
I'm seeing conflicting reports if ShopRite accepts Apple Pay YMMV
ShopRite does accept Apple Pay as a form of payment. However, On Apple Forums, some Apple users have shared their concerns with Apple Pay not working at ShopRite. Link

Question for the experts…
I have a chase offer for 10% off Best Buy up to $25. Can I buy a Disney GC online or do I need to purchase a GC in store? Will it code as Best Buy if I buy online? TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter