UPDATED -- Critique my 6n meal plan; $150 savings w DDP?

Paigevon

Starchild~☆
Hello friends!

I have read that those with DDP can pay for meals of those not on DDP and for counter-service, I can purchase adult menu meals using our allotted CS credits and finally, that CS meals can be shared between guests. Please let me know if this is not the case!

Please let me know if the locations of the meals in each park seem logical transportation-wise and if you have any suggestions of places for the missing "pieces!" Thank you!

Am I missing anything on the numbers below? Seems like I have a huge savings with the DDP!

Plans below:

Last edited:
*Prices listed are estimated value from.. that calculator thing*

Arrival

D Whispering Canyon Café (2TS + 1 cTS) $90

Magic Kingdom day

B Cinderella’s Royal Table (1 adult, 1 child - OOP)
B Be Our Guest (1 CS) $25
L Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn (1 CS + 2 Sn) $17
D Cosmic Ray’s (2 CS) $30

Hollywood Studios day

B P & J’s Southern Takeout (3 Sn) $15
Mama Melrose (2 TS + 1 cTS) $43
Fairfax Faire *other suggestions?* (2 CS) $30

Fantasmic Show @ 9 pm

Resort/Disney Springs

Sleep in!
(Brunch) Earl of Sandwich (Probably OOP)
Goofy’s Candy Co (1 Sn) $5
D 1900 PF (2 TS + 1 cTS) $115

Animal Kingdom

B Tusker House (Adult OOP, 1 cTS)
L Yak & Yedi LFC (1 CS + 2 Sn) $23
D Flame Tree* (4 CS) $60

Date Night out with DH:

Sanaa (2 TS) $60?

Epcot

B Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie (4 Sn) $20
L Tangerine Café (2 CS) $30
D Akershus (4 TS + 1 cTS) $275

Magic Kingdom

B Breakfast - undecided
L BOG (2 CS (1 swapped from cTS) + 1 Sn) $35
D Columbia Harbor House (4 CS) $60

18 SNACKS – 5 Snacks left ~$25

VALUE: $993 COST: $847 ; SAVINGS: approx $150
*values need to be modified*

Last edited:
I haven't read through the whole plan yet, but you have a glaring problem with your TS meals. The kid's TS meals can only be used for a kid's meal, so if any of those do not include a kid, you may be mis-counting.

Now let me go look at the rest of your plan.

You only have two people eating at CRT. What are the others going to do for breakfast that day?

Even using 4 credits for your QS meals, I'm only counting 16. You have 4 more to use somewhere.

All of the TS meals are counting a child's meal for DD. :)

You only have two people eating at CRT. What are the others going to do for breakfast that day?
Since we're staying in a cabin, we were going to bring some groceries from home to fill any gaps in eating; however, now that I realize I compeltely left out some QS credits they could grab something with those, or snack credits could be used for muffins/bagels etc!

For us the dining plan shoukd spend 20 for counter. 40 for table service and 5 for snack just to break even. Because we do not eat dessert with each meal and only one snack per day that alone saves me 10pp per day. I put what i woukd spend on dining plan on a gift card and use that card for everything dining. Sometimes i wanted an appetizer instead of entree. Which is not allowed on dining plan. If i wanted a snack like the fruited waffle which is not allowed on the plan. Or spend on 10.00 a earl of sadwich not worrying about thevalue of the dining plan

Because we're planning to share meals with those not on the dinning plan and split the cost of the plan, it seems more economical. I'm about to update my posting above becauseI actually missed some. I agree that if we were paying for the dinning plan for all, we were not be able to eat all that food and would end up wasting credits, food and money!

You need to add gratuity to both of the numbers or don't take it into account as you will need to pay gratuity regardless of on the plan or not.

I think it looks great. When are you going?
Your daughter will have a wonderful memory!
Have a great trip.

What is P & J’s Southern Takeout on your Hollywood Studio day? Is that new?
I think $35 for a BOG breakfast is out of wack, but some you have figured at $15 when it may well come to more, so it all evens out. Good planning and use of the DDP.

Last edited:
I agree with PP, the BoG prices are inflated and so is 1900 Park Fare. However, some of your other CS will definitely go over the $15, so it may even out.

Pepper Market on HS day?? Pepper Mkt is over at Coronado Springs Resort. It would be a nice break in the middle of the day, but it will take some time out of your touring to get over there. We like Fairfax Fare; it's not that different from Flame Tree, so if you're BBQ'd out, you might want something different.

Curious, what snacks are you planning on at Pecos Bill? The allears menu only has desserts as snacks.

Edit: I went over to easywdw to see his pics of Pecos Bill and there is a soup for a snack credit, but it's pretty small. Here's his review, if you haven't seen it: http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/ci...-magicband-customization-magic-kingdom-11815/
You'll need to scroll down a bit through the pics to find where he starts talking about Pecos.

I agree with PP, the BoG prices are inflated and so is 1900 Park Fare. However, some of your other CS will definitely go over the $15, so it may even out.

Pepper Market on HS day?? Pepper Mkt is over at Coronado Springs Resort. It would be a nice break in the middle of the day, but it will take some time out of your touring to get over there. We like Fairfax Fare; it's not that different from Flame Tree, so if you're BBQ'd out, you might want something different.

Curious, what snacks are you planning on at Pecos Bill? The allears menu only has desserts as snacks.

Edit: I went over to easywdw to see his pics of Pecos Bill and there is a soup for a snack credit, but it's pretty small. Here's his review, if you haven't seen it: http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/ci...-magicband-customization-magic-kingdom-11815/
You'll need to scroll down a bit through the pics to find where he starts talking about Pecos.

Thank you for the head's up about the soup! I also saw chili listed as a snack credit; I wonder if it's a similar size? I was thinking my husband and I could split the steak fajita platter and supplement it with a cup of soup or bowl of chili, and split the dessert and probably be full. We're planning to feed our daughter off of our plate and/or purchase kid's meals out of pocket. She's more of a grazer than a big meal eater so I figured we'd make stops for things like fruit, hummus and chips, etc as she was hungry, as well.

I modified the breakfast BOG price. Originally it was for a larger party and I forgot to decrease the value I had listed. For 1900 PF showed adult price as up to $60, but other places online list it as $40-ish range. I suppose the value must be closer to $110 for 2 adults, 1 child dinner buffet?

I think it looks great. When are you going?
Your daughter will have a wonderful memory!
Have a great trip.

What is P & J’s Southern Takeout on your Hollywood Studio day? Is that new?
I think $35 for a BOG breakfast is out of wack, but some you have figured at $15 when it may well come to more, so it all evens out. Good planning and use of the DDP.
We're going the beginning of June!
Thank you, I am so excited!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/cabins-at-fort-wilderness-resort/p-and-js-southern-takeout/

P and J's I believe was formerly Trail's End To-Go or something along those lines, at the Ft. Wilderness Campground. We're staying in a cabin, I'm hoping it's near by!

The big thing to consider about tip calculations is if, by using DDP, you are spending more on a meal than you might otherwise, because that will also drive up tip. While the pricing (and thus, tip) will be stable on a buffet or character meal, on a more a la carte Table Service, this is less the case. If you might split things, or not get a dessert for every party member, use of DDP will inflate the "spend" for the meal, and thus the tip.

Tax is included in DDP credit. Tip is only included at a few venues.

Thank you!

The big thing to consider about tip calculations is if, by using DDP, you are spending more on a meal than you might otherwise, because that will also drive up tip. While the pricing (and thus, tip) will be stable on a buffet or character meal, on a more a la carte Table Service, this is less the case. If you might split things, or not get a dessert for every party member, use of DDP will inflate the "spend" for the meal, and thus the tip.

Tax is included in DDP credit. Tip is only included at a few venues.

Okay, thank you! I'm a bit confused about splitting things causing an increase in tip, however. Would we only tip based off of the meal we ordered? Definitely won't let the desserts just be left off, though I may swap for a side and just split the 1 dessert.

Still looking for a recommendation for a light dinner @ HS or off site that offers easy transportation back and forth to HS.

Thank you!

Okay, thank you! I'm a bit confused about splitting things causing an increase in tip, however. Would we only tip based off of the meal we ordered? Definitely won't let the desserts just be left off, though I may swap for a side and just split the 1 dessert.
Clarifications may be in order.

1. You do not tip at Counter/Quick Service. This is the easiest place to swap a dessert for a side.

2. You DO tip at Table Service. Not every TS will let you swap out dessert, and those that do have a restricted group of items that dessert may be swapped for (i.e., it's not a swap for another menu item, it's a swap for a specific item for that swap). Very few TS are offering this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter