**Updated 8/9/09** 2010 Dining Plans discussion, wishes, questions, rants and vents

:banana::banana::banana:
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
:dance3::dance3::dance3:
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Yay for confirmation on the appetizers! Now I can go full steam ahead with the planning for an ON SITE resort and banish those pesky, nagging thoughts of how much cheaper the Swan/Dolphin are!!

But now comes the really tough choice... Where to stay? :rotfl:

I know it seems high and maybe it is but the DDP really save me money. If I had to pay $50 it would still save me money. By the time my family eats snacks, hamburgers,fries, drinks, pizza etc. all day I have spent more than $50 on one person. With the dinning plan they seem to only eat whats on the plan and the money I don't have to dole out for meals is spent on gifts etc. so I love the dining plan I love it more when its FREE

Now that the 2010 Dining Plans have been officially announced by Disney, this thread will contain all discussions on the 2010 plans.

Please keep all questions, comments rants vents tantrums woohoos and anything else you can think of on this thread.

Here is a link to the DIS 2010 Dining Plan Information
Thanks!:thumbsup2

**UPDATED** WMLeah has confimed that both sites are now in sync and appys are still on the dxdp :cheer2:

thanks for the update! I'm planning my January Marathon trip and I'm debating getting the deluxe again!

So... is it OK to repost the in-progress 2010 FAQ, or are there still too many unresolved issues? In my offline copy, I've gone to some lengths to indicate where answers are based primarily on past years' experiences when the question is not definitively answered by published materials...

at this point, there are not very many changes from the 2009 plans, other than seasonal pricing. The mods have the 2010 version of the dining plan everything you wanted to know thread underway and it will be posted as a sticky this week

thanks anyway :)

2009 Dining Plan Brochure

2010 Dining Plan Brochure

Hadn't seen it posted elsewhere in this thread (maybe in a different one, didn't check many), but did anyone else notice that they've gotten rid of more than half of the resturants in Epcot on the Dining Plan? Check the brochures I linked to above- the 2010 plan lists the following:

Electric Umbrella
Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe
Liberty Inn
Sommerfest
Sunshine Seasons
Yorkshire County Fish Shop
Biergarten Restaurant
Coral Reef Restaurant
Le Cellier Steakhouse
Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room
Chip N Dale's Harvest Feast at The Garden Grill
Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

...and that's it. Everything else from Epcot is gone. :confused3

Edit: They've also gotten rid of most of the DTD places that were on there as well as Yak & Yeti from Animal Kingdom...
Edit 2: Went back an checked the 2010 Deluxe Brochure and the list is the same as the standard.

Hadn't seen it posted elsewhere in this thread (maybe in a different one, didn't check many), but did anyone else notice that they've gotten rid of more than half of the resturants in Epcot on the Dining Plan?

The restaurants that have been left off the 2010 list are the ones that are not owned or operated by Disney. They do not renew their contracts in time to be included in the August brochure. A new brochure will be released probably in December. By that time, you will probably find all those restaurants on the list again. In the history of the dining plan I think only one restaurant has ever dropped DDP (Fulton's in 2006).

Ah, well that makes a lot of sense. Seems odd that they would bother to release the brochure at all before having the full list of restaurants, though I guess they're covered with the "subject to change without notice" bit, heh.

There would be very few early bookings made with DDP if they didn't release a list at all until December.

The restaurants that have been left off the 2010 list are the ones that are not owned or operated by Disney. They do not renew their contracts in time to be included in the August brochure. A new brochure will be released probably in December. By that time, you will probably find all those restaurants on the list again. In the history of the dining plan I think only one restaurant has ever dropped DDP (Fulton's in 2006).

Interesting, I never knew Fulton's was ever on the DDP. In its history, has any restaurant ever joined in the DDP that was not previously on the DDP?

Except for new restaurants, I think maybe Raglan Road did. But I am not entirely certain.

Not the same situation, but when Landry's opened Yak & Yeti they allowed the dining plan to be used there. None of the three other Landry's restaurants at WDW accept it. The difference appears to be that Yak & Yeti is inside a theme park. All restaurants inside the parks accept DDP, except for Bistro de Paris at Epcot.

I think it will be interesting to see if next year the restaurants become a little more open, a little less over-crowded. I, for one, would look forward to that.

another question....

Ok I got the prices, but now wondering this peak seasonal thing....does that also include end of the yr holiday season. particuarly Thanksgiving :confused3

we'll be going Nov 19-27th '10 which includes the day before T, T and 2 days after.

I've read about individual restaurants that raise prices by $5.00 or so, usually the 5 days around Thanksgiving.

I'm just trying to do the fuzzy Disney :teacher: math and figure out if it would be a better option to do reg or QS. We know we want to eat TS at least 3 times (CRT, somewhere on T, and CM for sure)

another question....

Ok I got the prices, but now wondering this peak seasonal thing....does that also include end of the yr holiday season. particuarly Thanksgiving :confused3

we'll be going Nov 19-27th '10 which includes the day before T, T and 2 days after.

I've read about individual restaurants that raise prices by $5.00 or so, usually the 5 days around Thanksgiving.

I'm just trying to do the fuzzy Disney :teacher: math and figure out if it would be a better option to do reg or QS. We know we want to eat TS at least 3 times (CRT, somewhere on T, and CM for sure)

I'm just guessing at this, but I bet it's going to be whenever the prices were raised at the buffets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter