UPDATED 5/14! A Cajun Disneymoon | Coming May 2014! WITH LINKS!

Stumbled across your report and I'm in!! Being a Louisiana girl I was hooked from the word ya' ll.. Lol

Yay!! :cool1: I'm so excited to have readers! All of my friends from up north that I met on my college program use "y'all" now and I'm just so proud!

Girl I just love you and I don't even know you! (I promise i'm not a creeper :rotfl2:) We are almost exactly the same. Except for the LSU part ;) Nah, when I first saw your pic I thought you looked exactly like Belle! I'm so sorry you didn't get it :(
I love the relationship you have with your mother. Me and my Ma have the same. And I love it. :)
Thanks for the info about 50% off dining. Praying it happens. Praying if it does happen it starts at the beginning of May lol :goodvibes
I can't wait to hear more!

Hey y'all! As I said in my intro, I am a full-time student at LSU. I also am an afternoon teacher at a local preschool AND I'm planning my wedding and Disneymoon. Needless to say, I'm super busy! My mom is also in college right now to become a registered nurse, so it's tough getting wedding stuff done while we're both in school and we live an hour apart!

Don't get me wrong, of course I'm excited for my wedding, but picking napkins and flowers and all those details isn't really my thing. Those things tend to stress me out and I end out telling my mom to just pick what she thinks is best! :lmao: Planning our Disneymoon is MUCH more up my alley and because of that I've been spending most of my time looking up all things Disney! (sorry school, who needs an education anyway?!)

Not sure if I've mentioned this, but DF and I have both been to Disney several times and I also completed the Disney College Program in 2011, so we are very familiar with the "strictly business" style of vacationing at the world. We are definitely rope drop people! Because I cannot imagine having a "laid back" Disney trip, I never even suggested Disney as a honeymoon possibility. DF proposed the idea and, well, you don't have to twist my arm to get me to Disney!

A few weeks after we agreed on a Disneymoon and I started planning, DF dropped the bomb on me. He is convinced that this needs to be a relaxed, laid back, no plans, do what you want when you want kind of trip. To be honest, this has my Disney princess panties in a knot. I mean he doesn't even want dining reservations! I'm not personally a fan of dining reservations either because I hate having to drop what I'm doing to go to dinner at a certain time, but if we can get the DDP for a discounted price, it's stupid not to make reservations!

So, I'm currently hiding my over obsessive planning and writing down a million and one plans in my Disney notebook. I want to relax too, but I'm too excited to miss rope drop!! :lmao: I guess I'm just no good at planning a "laid back" Disney trip...:confused3 Anyone have advice on this? Did you go on a Disneymoon and want to share how it went? I know it won't be like a regular trip, but I also have to get my Disney fix too!! I would love to hear from you!

Girl I just love you and I don't even know you! (I promise i'm not a creeper :rotfl2:) We are almost exactly the same. Except for the LSU part ;) Nah, when I first saw your pic I thought you looked exactly like Belle! I'm so sorry you didn't get it :(
I love the relationship you have with your mother. Me and my Ma have the same. And I love it. :)
Thanks for the info about 50% off dining. Praying it happens. Praying if it does happen it starts at the beginning of May lol :goodvibes
I can't wait to hear more!

HAHA! Don't worry, I'm loving your family already too!! I was SO sad when I didn't get the role, but I made such great friends at the role I had who I never would have met! Everything happens for a reason? It keeps me from crying about it so we'll go with that, HAHA! IT was still cool to do it for a day anyway. And definitely keep calling about the dining discount! The current offer is good for trips booked until May 15 I think?? Call and find out for sure! I've been calling once a week! :rotfl:

I've been looking for shirts that I can make for DF and I for our trip and I was SHOCKED when DF said, "I don't want to be those crazy people who wear matching shirts"......um, excuse me, DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE MARRYING?! The reason I was so shocked to get that response from him is he is known for trying to wear the most ridiculous hats at Disney. You'll see what I mean in a bit. Anyway, these are the iron ons that I am ordering so far!

These for Beau and I

And these for me!

I've never done iron ons before but my mama has and she will help me next weekend! Aren't mamas the best?! Also, just because I love to see trip pictures and you might too, here are some pics from our family Disney trip last Mardi Gras (February 2013)! This trip was special for a few reasons: It was DF (DBF and the time) and I's first trip together, it was our 1 year dating anniversary, and my parents 22nd or 23rd (sorry mama) anniversary! Beau also gave me a beautiful promise ring right before we left for our trip. It was so romantic! Only to be replaced by an engagement ring 7 months later! Haha, here's a ring shot for you ;)

Promise ring, then engagement ring!

And here are pics from our trip! I want to apologize in advance if all of the LSU clothing burns your eyes amberdc1987! It's pretty much the only clothing we own. HAHA!

My obligatory Florida sign picture!

Doesn't Beau look thrilled??

Here it is in all its glory....DOLE WHIP! Is your mouth watering yet?!

My sweet baby sister and I waiting for our favorite....Mickey's Philhar Magic! She is 15 years younger than me. She is currently 6 going on 22.

My 16 year old brother (right) and his best friend, pretty much my other brother, looking SO excited to be on Dumbo!

We may have a slight obsession with that guy....we call him Tonto and taking a picture with him has become sort or a tradition around these parts. Ten points if you can tell me where you can find him!

Funny story...that Flynn was my neighbor during my college program. We totally hung out all the time...how crazy?!

Oh yeah, he is above wearing matching shirts but he proudly sports Donald's butt on his head......totally makes sense.

If you're wondering why I am dressed like that, it suddenly got SUPER cold and all I packed was shorts, so I had to buy those super comfy but not so fashionable sweats...HA.

These were my nails for the trip! I am still in love with how they turned out!

If you're still here, I hope you enjoyed my little walk down memory lane. Now, on with the show! :dance3:

Love the pics! We were there last Mardi gras too!! The best time to be at disney. We just got back on Saturday from this years Mardi gras trip. And we were sporting our purple and gold everyday! Sooo much fun to see the state of Louisiana represented !

Love the pics! We were there last Mardi gras too!! The best time to be at disney. We just got back on Saturday from this years Mardi gras trip. And we were sporting our purple and gold everyday! Sooo much fun to see the state of Louisiana represented !

Agreed! I'm so spoiled because of our mardi gras trips! Next year won't be good because of presidents week but this year was the PERFECT mardi gras for Disney!! I'm so jealous! Haha. I think it's hilarious that 90% of the crowds are either in LSU or saints clothing, too!

I love the new updates. I think you need to talk a little more about me. I am sure you can think of a funny "Momma" story to make your readers laugh. :wave2:

Alright y'all, as promised, here are a few tidbits from my experience on the Disney College Program! :goodvibes

Possibly the coolest thing about working for Disney...MY NAME TAG! :cool1:

When you work for Disney, instead of having orientation, they call it "Traditions" and it's pretty much every Disney lovers dream--complete with a tour of backstage MK with a headset and everything. Super official :rotfl: After touring backstage, they take you onto Mainstreet, USA through this camouflaged door. It's SUCH an awesome experience. In a matter of seconds you go from real world to DISNEY WORLD and it's just amazing! Here is my picture from touring that day in my official Disney headset :lmao:

I began my DCP working merchandise at the Swan and Dolphin, which was weird because as most of you know, they aren't "Disney" resorts. In fact, the only part owned by Disney are the gift shops. Because of that, there were only two CPs at those locations. After a few weeks, I was transferred to their sister resort, the Boardwalk! WHICH just so happens to be the resort I stayed at for my first ever trip to the world! How cool?!

When you work Boardwalk Merch, you work several locations, including Dundy's inside the Boardwalk, the three gift shops along the boardwalk, Seashore Sweets, and ESPN gift shop.

Here is my costume from Seashore Sweets :lmao: check out that hat!!! As you can see I accidentally broke the door.....not my finest hour....:eek:

This costume for the gift shops on the boardwalk was the WORST! :scared1: buuuut, this was one of my favorite guests! Her and her family came down to the gift shop to see me everyday of their trip! I told her all about my princess audition (I'll give more details in a sec ;)) and then she told me they were crazy for not picking me, and she called me the REAL Belle for the rest of the trip! :rotfl: Here is our princess pose!

So....about the princess audition....

My friend and I decided to go to a female face character audition on a whim during our program. We were almost positive we wouldn't get picked, but just went for the heck of it! The way it works is you go through a single file line and wait for them to take down your height and give you your number. After that, you wait with the other girls (almost 300!) and then they take groups of 60 at a time into another room. Each group is lined up in six rows of ten and they play a song and tell you to loosen up and just be relaxed and smile! It's a little awkward! They look at each line of girls for a few second and then after the song finishes, they call out the numbers of the girls they picked.

We were the last group of 60. For the first few groups, 60 would go in, and 58 would come out :confused: After we saw that we were sure we wouldn't get picked and we almost left because I was hungry :laughing:

Wellllll, good thing we didn't leave, because THEY CALLED MY NUMBER!!!!!! I literally almost died......I felt so bad because my friend hadn't gotten picked and she had rode there with me. She assured me that I had to stay and she would find a ride home.

After all the girls who weren't chosen left, it went from a room of almost 300 girls to a room of 8 of us! They came talk to each of us and told us who they were going to have us "be friends with" ;). They told me they would try me as Belle and gave me a paper with literally tons of information about her. It also had lines for us to learn.

Next they took us into this giant dressing room and asked us our sizes and brought us our princess attire! We went into another room where ladies did our official copyrighted make up (yep....you will face legal action if you leave in the character's make up....) and put on our wigs. After we were all dressed, the eight of us sat in a hallway and practiced our lines. The girl who sat next to me was "friends" with Snow White and we just took a moment to talk about how awesome our lives were at that moment. :rotfl:

Oh, did I mention we were sitting across from a mirror so we got to stare at ourselves as princesses?!?! SO CRAZY!!!!!

Unfortunately, the next step in the process consisted of dancing (I cannot dance to save my life) and giving our lines (I have a cajun accent :sad:). After about three hours the audition was done and we were told to wait a few days for a call back. A few days later I got a call saying I wasn't chosen and to try again in a few months. I cried my eyes out like the big baby I am...HA! My super sweet parents had surprise flowers delivered to me at work to make me feel better. The note read, "You are a special young lady and you will always be our princess" :love:

I never went to try again, but I am so thankful for going as far as I did! I couldn't take pictures because there are lots of rules but I will never forget that day! Overall, it was easily one of the best experiences of my life! :yay:

Here is a picture from my audition!

Overall, my college program experience was SO amazing and I can't put into words how much that experience changed my life. I am more than happy to answer any questions if you are interested in applying or if you're just curious!

Here is my picture with my mickey graduation ears and my "Disney Degree" :rotfl:

Hope I didn't bore y'all too much! I am booking my trip in the morning and then my mom and I are on a trip plannin' mission!

Sounds like a great experience and you didnt "bore me " at all. My daughter is on for the fall program, arriving Aug 4th working Quick Service somewhere. You're experience makes me more excited for her as well

Sounds like a great experience and you didnt "bore me " at all. My daughter is on for the fall program, arriving Aug 4th working Quick Service somewhere. You're experience makes me more excited for her as well

:cool1: I'm so excited for her! BEST experience of my life. Three of my friends that I made down there are actually bridesmaids in my wedding this May! She will love it. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have and hopefully I can help out :thumbsup2

Just came across your PTR and jumping in. I see it's almost your wedding date, so Congratulations!! Can't wait to hear about your Disneymoon. :)

Just came across your PTR and jumping in. I see it's almost your wedding date, so Congratulations!! Can't wait to hear about your Disneymoon. :)

Yay! Yes, it is VERY close! I have been so busy with school, work, and wedding planning that I haven't had any time for Disboards :sad: Our wedding is next weekend and then we are OFF to the happiest place on Earth! And I have an entire summer of free time to write our TR! :thumbsup2

LOVE your PTR!! :)) You guys are so sweet together! My husband and I got engaged at MK when I was 21- so we were young too. :) We have been married for 7 years now with a 5 year old and a 2 year old and take them to Disney yearly!

You and your mom are so cute too.. My mom passed away last April after a battle with cancer and we were very close too. We took her with us on a trip in September 2012- before she got too sick and made the sweetest memories. Always cherish your mama!

Can't wait to see wedding pics and I hope you do a TR!

LOVE your PTR!! :)) You guys are so sweet together! My husband and I got engaged at MK when I was 21- so we were young too. :) We have been married for 7 years now with a 5 year old and a 2 year old and take them to Disney yearly!

You and your mom are so cute too.. My mom passed away last April after a battle with cancer and we were very close too. We took her with us on a trip in September 2012- before she got too sick and made the sweetest memories. Always cherish your mama!

Can't wait to see wedding pics and I hope you do a TR!

Thank you so much! You are so sweet! I love hearing about other happy couples who were married young. I'm excited to have a few years to ourselves together before we start having babies! Buuuut, I can't WAIT to raise a bunch of Disney lovers and take them to the World! I am so sorry to hear about your mama :sad1: My mama is truly my best friend and I can't imagine losing her. I will definitely post a wedding update (with pictures ;)) before I start our TR. Thanks for reading along :goodvibes

HELLLOOOOOO HUMANS! :wave2:

First off, I apologize for somewhat dropping off the face of the Earth, whoops! I may have been juuuust a little caught up in school, work, planning a wedding AND, of course, planning our Disneymoon! :cool1:

Now that the semester is over (can I get a HALLELUJAH!) I am officially in wedding mode! Our wedding is NEXT WEEKEND (May 24th) and we leave for Disney on the 25th!

Since I last updated, we have made some changes to our plans. First, after calling several times and not getting any discounted prices, we have decided to not go with DDP. We weren't happy with the price they offered and also we both aren't fans of having reservations to get to. We are keeping at least two of our ADRs though:

Crystal Palace on 5/26 at 8:20 am

The reason I booked this BF is so we could get into MK before park opening and get a picture in front of the castle with virtually no one in the background. This is VERY important to me for this trip! No way was I letting go of that ADR! :rotfl:

Yachtsman Steakhouse on 5/28 at 6:50 pm

I booked this since we are staying at the YC and I figured it would be a nice dinner for our honeymoon. God willing we WILL be back before we have kids someday, but you just never know, so I wanted to have this nice dinner alone while we still can.

Another change in plans was the decision to fly instead of drive. DW is about 12 hours from home, so we were planning on arriving around 6 or 7 pm on Sunday. Since we are now flying (and DF insisted on the earliest flight possible) we will e arriving in Orlando around noon! We now have pretty much a whole extra day for fun! Since we don't have park tickets for that day, we are planning to pack our swimsuits in our carry on and spend the day at Stormalong Bay! :beach:

As much as I hate leaving, I have 45280642708647327 wedding related things that I HAVE. TO. GET. DONE. Did I mention I have extreme ADD on staying focused is nearly impossible for me....so....I might be back ;)

I took my bridal portraits this past Monday, so here is a little sneak peek for you! I will do a whole wedding update once it's all over. This picture was taken on my phone by my mom, the professional ones are A LOT better! Enjoy! Also, let me know if any of you will be there at the same time as us! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter