UPDATED 5/14! A Cajun Disneymoon | Coming May 2014! WITH LINKS!

Sounds like a wonderful experience. I had no idea CPers worked at the Swan and Dolphin.

That's fantastic that you got so far in your character audition! 8 out of 300 is nothing to hang your head about. Not to mention...you got to wear the official "Belle makeup!" Not going to lie, that would have been worth it for me.:rotfl2:

Sounds like a wonderful experience. I had no idea CPers worked at the Swan and Dolphin.

That's fantastic that you got so far in your character audition! 8 out of 300 is nothing to hang your head about. Not to mention...you got to wear the official "Belle makeup!" Not going to lie, that would have been worth it for me.:rotfl2:

Yes!! Haha just seeing myself all done up that one time was totally worth it! So crazy!

Joining in!!! Love the fact that you are going on a Disneymoon!! Hoping for the same thing once the boyfriend gets his act together and gets that ring! :rotfl2: haha! Looks like we may be there at the same time, end of May!! Can't wait to read more!

Joining in!!! Love the fact that you are going on a Disneymoon!! Hoping for the same thing once the boyfriend gets his act together and gets that ring! :rotfl2: haha! Looks like we may be there at the same time, end of May!! Can't wait to read more!

Thank you!! Haha, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you ;) When will y'all be there??

Hey y'all! Something pretty big happened this morning....drum roll, please....

WE BOOKED OUR TRIP! :cheer2:

My CM friend and I had decided that I would call him at 9:30 this morning so he could get everything booked for us. He had priced a bunch of resorts for us a few days earlier, and we had decided to go with the Bay Lake Tower. BUT, when we talked this morning, we realized that we had confused the dates. He thought that we were going to check in on 5/26 when I planned for us to check in on 5/25. Because of the mix up, the price he had given us was for only 6 nights instead of 7. When he gave us the correct price, it was more than DF and I had allotted for the trip. :sad:

Being the amazing, generous guy he is, my CM friend said that if we had our hearts set on BLT he wanted to pay for the extra night for us. I was SO shocked and appreciative, but at the same time I just couldn't let him spend that much money on us! I asked him if he could price a few more resorts for us. I was so excited about staying on the monorail and being able to walk to MK, so he suggested we check out Yacht Club or Beach Club so we could walk to Epcot. DF loved this idea and in the end we decided on YC! :yay:

Here are what our plans look like so far.....

WHEN? May 25-June 1
WHERE? Yacht Club
WHY? 'CAUSE WE'RE GETTING MARRIED, Y'ALL! :banana:

After we had our room reservation all set up, I jumped right in! I headed straight for touringplans.com and checked the predicted crowd levels for each park on those days. So far, it's looking like we will do MK on the 26th, HS on the 27th, Epcot on the 28th, AK on the 29th, HS on the 30th, and MK on the 31st. Normally when we do six park days we do two days at MK and two days at Epcot, but we decided to go with two days at HS since we are going with PH tickets and we will be able to walk to Epcot from our resort!

I also wrote down the restaurant possibilities for each park as well as resorts and DTD. I've only made one official reservation--lunch at 50's PTC on the 27th!

I am still getting used to the idea of staying at YC instead of BLT. I have never stayed at either, but I was very much looking forward to staying on the monorail. First world problems, I know! :lmao: Has anyone stayed at YC? Any advice/comments are welcomed!

You really got a lot accomplished yesterday, as far as planning goes. I know it is not easy, but it is fun, planning a Disney trip. I will help you today to get your plans finished as best we can. Y'all are going to have so much fun.

I'm sorry you couldn't get BLT. I'd be a little disappointed if I thought I was staying there and the plans ended up changing. And while the easy access to the monorail or the walkway to MK would have been nice, I think you still ended up with a good resort. Personally, being within walking distance of Epcot sounds like a nice perk on a Disneymoon. Not that the MK isn't fantastic, but now you can eat dinners at the WS and be closer to the roller coasters at DHS. :thumbsup2

You really got a lot accomplished yesterday, as far as planning goes. I know it is not easy, but it is fun, planning a Disney trip. I will help you today to get your plans finished as best we can. Y'all are going to have so much fun.

Thanks! I really appreciate all the hard work you put into all of our Disney trips now! :goodvibes

I'm sorry you couldn't get BLT. I'd be a little disappointed if I thought I was staying there and the plans ended up changing. And while the easy access to the monorail or the walkway to MK would have been nice, I think you still ended up with a good resort. Personally, being within walking distance of Epcot sounds like a nice perk on a Disneymoon. Not that the MK isn't fantastic, but now you can eat dinners at the WS and be closer to the roller coasters at DHS. :thumbsup2

I think you're right! It will be romantic to walk around the world at night! I've only ever heard good things about YC too so I don't think we'll be disappointed! ;)

The rooms at the Yacht Club are gorgeous! I don't think you will regret staying there at all! The location can't be beat either. Having the Beach Club and Boardwalk to explore as well as being walking distance to Epcot and HS.....:thumbsup2

The rooms at the Yacht Club are gorgeous! I don't think you will regret staying there at all! The location can't be beat either. Having the Beach Club and Boardwalk to explore as well as being walking distance to Epcot and HS.....:thumbsup2

The more I think about it, the more excited I get!! I'm usually not this big of a Disney snob, I promise! :lmao: My mom and I would sleep in our cars if it meant getting us to Disney! I just want our honeymoon to be as magical as possible. :goodvibes Also, this will be my first trip to DW since I turned 21 so I'm excited to finally go to Jellyrolls and drink around the world! :woohoo:

WOW, I can't even tell y'all how busy I've been this weekend! It's Mardi Gras here is LA but I am not a MG fan at all, so I've been using my time off of school/work to work on the wedding and of COURSE our Disney trip! We've gotten a lot accomplished but it seems like there is still so much to do! I can see why people hire wedding planners......oh, and not only am I in school, but so is my mom!! Yes, she is in college working on a nursing degree. Because we're both in school, we have to really take advantage of the free time that we have. I don't want to bore y'all with wedding plans so I'll jump right on into what I've got going with our Disneymoon!

Now that my CM friend booked the room for us, we can add the dining plan on ourselves. I called Saturday but it's $60/person/day to add the DP right now! :eek: This is not cool for us poor college kids! :rotfl: The friendly CM on the phone did mention that it would be a good idea to keep calling (esp. around the beginning of April) because there is a good chance they will be offering the DP for 50% off! Now that's more like it...:woohoo:

I originally planned for my CM friend to pick up our tickets for us at Company D so that we could get a discount on those as well. I did this a lot for family and friends while I was a CM, but it's not much of a discount. We would have saved about $100 going that route vs. just adding the tickets ourselves online. When we switched from BLT to YC, the price difference was about $168, so I decided it was not worth the extra effort to have my CM friend go through the trouble. I went online yesterday and added 6-day PH tickets onto our package, so that is all good to go! :banana:

Although we haven't added the dining plan yet, I went ahead and made all of our reservations anyway. DF and I hit heads with that yesterday, because he was all, "Why are you making reservations for everyday??? I want to have a relaxing trip, why are you planning so much???" I'm all, "THIS IS DISNEY, IT'S SERIOUS BUSINESS! I WANT TO BE THERE FOR ROPE DROP!" :rotfl2: Thankfully my mom was there to calm us down and help us reach a happy medium. We've decided that we will wake up early half of the trip and sleep in the other half (it actually turned out to be 4 early days and 2 sleeping in days, yes, I'm planning that too!). And because Beau loves me so much he just gave into having reservations everyday.

Now, granted, I'm honestly not a fan of ADRs. I hate feeling like I have to stop what I'm doing to make it to dinner. BUT, since this is our honeymoon, I want us to at least have a few nice dinners. And if we add the DP, it would be stupid not to use them all.

How do y'all feel about the DP? We've done Disney without it before, but this is the first trip I've been on where I will be paying! :lmao: I would really love to hear y'all thoughts on this!

Here is what I've booked for us so far:

Monday, May 26th | Magic Kingdom
Crystal Palace @ 8:20am ; Liberty Tree Tavern @ 5:40pm

Tuesday, May 27th | Hollywood Studios
50's Primetime Cafe @ 12:30pm

Wednesday, May 28th | EPCOT
Teppan Edo @ 6:20pm

Thursday, May 29th | Animal Kingdom
Rainforest Cafe @ 1:15pm

Friday, May 30th | Hollywood Studios
Sci-Fi @ 4:20pm

Saturday, May 31st | Magic Kingdom
Tony's @ 6:25pm

Okay, so any opinions on these places?? Rainforest Cafe and Sci-Fi were both DF requests. I've never had Teppan Edo, but have heard great things. Anyone here ever tried it? Also, is it just me or is it really sad when you make reservations for your last day?? :sad1: Now, if we end out not adding the DP, we aren't going to keep all these reservations. I'm just planning for if we do add it. Let me know what y'all think! Now I'm off to finish making our wedding favors! :goodvibes

I love Teppan Edo! The food is delicious and it's so much fun watching your meal being cooked in front of you! And 50s is my favorite restaurant so I'm glad you made an ADR for it :thumbsup2

I love Teppan Edo! The food is delicious and it's so much fun watching your meal being cooked in front of you! And 50s is my favorite restaurant so I'm glad you made an ADR for it :thumbsup2

YAY, guess I made a good call with Teppan Edo! And 50s is one of my favorites too, DF has never been there and we have to change that! ;)

Alright, so here goes my SECOND attempt at posting this....I had everything typed up and prettified earlier and then accidentally closed it before I posted it! I know, sad day.

Anyway, WHERE ARE ALL MY PRAYER WARRIORS AT?! If you're not the praying type, crossing your fingers for me will work too!

If you're following along with me, you know that I'm a student at LSU. Since it's Mardi Gras here, I've been on a small break from school. Sooooo, what else is there to do but spend hours obsessively planning my Disneymoon?! Seriously, my eyes are blurry from spending so many hours reading Disboards. :rotfl:

I somehow stumbled upon a YC and BC thread. If you're following along, you know that we booked a Garden view room at YC a few days ago. Part of this thread was dedicated to pictures of the Garden view rooms. I found one that literally had everything my little heart could desire: a King sized bed, top floor, and the MOST AMAZING view of my CP home, the BW resort! My heart is still doing flips!

Check out the room of my dreams HERE!

I know that I can put in a room request, but I also know that this is not guaranteed. This is where the praying comes in, people! :grouphug: I promise I'm not usually this big of a Disney snob. Heck, normally I'd sleep in my car if it meant going to WDW! But this is our honeymoon and I just want it to be as magical as possible!

Feel free to send some pixie dust my way, it would be MUCH appreciated! pixiedust:

Also, if you're following along, don't be afraid to say hello! After reading so many trip reports, I'm very much looking forward to making some Dis friends who are just as Disney obsessed as I am! :rotfl2:

Thank you!! Haha, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you ;) When will y'all be there??
We will be there May 28th thru June 3rd at POR. Looking through your plans and only 1 thing to point out, the Friday you are at Hollywood Studios is Star Wars Weekend... Are you guys Star Wars fans? (Sorry if you have mentioned it before and I didn't catch it.) We are not Star Wars fans so we are avoiding HS Fri-Sun because it will be packed. Just a thought :) Teppan Edo is really good! I would suggest wearing your celebrating buttons because my best friend and I got awesome attention and perks there for our birthdays!! also, will pray you get the room of your dreams!!!

We will be there May 28th thru June 3rd at POR. Looking through your plans and only 1 thing to point out, the Friday you are at Hollywood Studios is Star Wars Weekend... Are you guys Star Wars fans? (Sorry if you have mentioned it before and I didn't catch it.) We are not Star Wars fans so we are avoiding HS Fri-Sun because it will be packed. Just a thought :) Teppan Edo is really good! I would suggest wearing your celebrating buttons because my best friend and I got awesome attention and perks there for our birthdays!! also, will pray you get the room of your dreams!!!

CRAP! Completely forgot about Star Wars Weekend! :sad2: I will definitely have to look into that tomorrow. I'm so excited about Teppan Edo! I am hearing such awesome things about it. Oh, and don't worry, I won't ever want to take those buttons off! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter