Updated 1/30! Is Narcoosies not taking ADRs for some reason?

jayhjay

DIS Veteran
*** Updated 1/30 - They are now taking reservations for the first week in May!***

I just made my ADRs and got everything I wanted (yeah!), except that I couldn't make an ADR for Narcoosies on the night I wanted (May 3). They weren't taking ADRs at all that day. She said they have renovation through Feb so I thought maybe they just weren't taking them after that until they had a firm opening date? Although that seems late to hold off accepting ADRs. Or maybe it is closed for an event (nothing was in her computer)?

Has anyone heard anything, or made ADRs for sometime around then? If it is just closed that day, I'll move around my schedule, but if it is not taking them at all around then, I won't bother. Thanks! JJ

I am not sure why it has been as issue for you, but I can confirm that I made an ADR (back in January) for March 1st at Narcoossee's. Hope things go well for you.

I have an ADR for 4/22. Maybe someone has the whole restaurant booked for a party or wedding reception :confused3

Hmm, I just tried to make them for another day (with a different CM) and she is having the same problem. She said they accept ressies 90 days in advance, but they are not opened up yet for ADRs for my date. I wonder if they are not taking the 90 + 10? I guess I will try again when I am exactly 90 days out and see if they do it then. Or has anyone else had luck with 90+ days?

I haven't tried 90 days, but yesterday I booked Narcoossee's for March 24 - no problem. I first booked March 23, then decided to move to the next day, no problem booking either day.

Ok, so clearly they are taking ressies after they reopen from renovations. So it must be something going on that week, or they aren't doing 90+10. I guess I'll see what happens Feb 2 (90 days exactly) unless someone else has had luck for that week.

Isn't the new policy for ADR's 90 days. The +10 means that you can make ADR's for 10 more days AFTER the 1st day that is 90 days out. Consequently, when May 3 is 90 days away, you can make ADR's for your vacation up to May 13. That's my understanding of the policy.

Don't know about renovations, but we just ate there last week and it was not being renovated then. We ate there on Sunday the 18th. Everything was yummy.

We are going 4-25 and were able to get ADR's 90+10 as this was the 5th night of the trip. I did have to call back 2 days later to reserve our last 2 ADR's for the trip as our trip is 12 nights and had no problems. In fact I had no problems with any ADR's for the entire trip and all expect for this night are for tables of 8( Mom and Dad get a night to themselves:cool1: ).

We are going 4-25 and were able to get ADR's 90+10 as this was the 5th night of the trip.

I was able to book Narcoosees for 4/30 a few days ago.

Hmm, that sort of blows my theory that this is a 90+10 problem since it sounds like both of you were able to do it successfully. But both CMs I talked to tried to enter the dates into the computer and there was nothing there (no other ressies and they weren't allowed to enter them). I guess I'll try on the exact 90 day mark and if that isn't working, I'll see if I can reorganize my schedule. We actually go could on 4/30 if we reorganized things a bit.

Ok, you knew I wouldn't be patient enough to wait... :rolleyes:

I called back again. She said they have not released all their hours yet. I asked about 4/30 b/c I knew someone had booked it and she said that just a few days ago this was closed too so they must be releasing their hours and opening up for reservations a little at a time. She had no idea why though. But she suggested I call Fri or Sat (Sun is 90 days) and see if my date had opened. So, that's what I'll do. I'll keep you all posted!

Isn't the new policy for ADR's 90 days. The +10 means that you can make ADR's for 10 more days AFTER the 1st day that is 90 days out. Consequently, when May 3 is 90 days away, you can make ADR's for your vacation up to May 13. That's my understanding of the policy.

Paul, my understanding is that if you are staying at a Disney resort you can actually make your reservations 100 days out. I believe that Resort guest get an extra 10 day jump over everyone else. This is most likely was jayhjay was talking about. She probably called on her 100 day out mark and is hoping that on her 90 day out mark the reservations may open up.

Paul, my understanding is that if you are staying at a Disney resort you can actually make your reservations 100 days out. I believe that Resort guest get an extra 10 day jump over everyone else. This is most likely was jayhjay was talking about. She probably called on her 100 day out mark and is hoping that on her 90 day out mark the reservations may open up.

This is not true. Here is how it works:

You count back 90 days from the first day of your trip. When you call Disney Dining and if you are staying at a Disney resort you can then book for up to the first 10 days of your trip. If your trip is longer then 10 days then you will have to call a second time to make the rest of your reservations.

Lets say you check in on Aug 1. You count back the 90 days from Aug 1, but you can book for Aug 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. If you were not staying on Disney property then you could have to call back each day to get your reservations.

I had this problem this morning. We are leaving 4/29. I was told by 2 different CMs that they have not released any hours for May yet. They had no idea why. They said that I should be able to book my reservations for the 1st but there is nothing available. I made my ADR for 4/30 and I am going to try to keep calling back until they release the dates. Both of the CMs were very puzzled and said that the hours could open up at any moment or they may not be available until Feb 1st. It was just a problem for May ADR-Feb, March, April were fine.

Anyone else run into this?

I had this problem this morning. We are leaving 4/29. I was told by 2 different CMs that they have not released any hours for May yet. They had no idea why. They said that I should be able to book my reservations for the 1st but there is nothing available. I made my ADR for 4/30 and I am going to try to keep calling back until they release the dates. Both of the CMs were very puzzled and said that the hours could open up at any moment or they may not be available until Feb 1st. It was just a problem for May ADR-Feb, March, April were fine.

Anyone else run into this?

I hope it's not Feb 1st because my 90 days is Saturday and I arrive May 1st.

I could book other restaurants for May at 90+10 (thanks to the pp who clarified what I was talking about). Just not Narcoosies. So I don't think all of May is closed, I just think this restaurant hasn't released May hours yet. I think that the pp is right that it could be any time. That was the impression I got too. But I don't expect a run on Narcoosies so I am not too worried, just want to get it done so I can check it off my list. JJ

I just tried again but the hours for Narcoosies are not available yet for May. Hopefully soon! I want to be done scheduling my ADRs!

This is not true. Here is how it works:

You count back 90 days from the first day of your trip. When you call Disney Dining and if you are staying at a Disney resort you can then book for up to the first 10 days of your trip. If your trip is longer then 10 days then you will have to call a second time to make the rest of your reservations.

Lets say you check in on Aug 1. You count back the 90 days from Aug 1, but you can book for Aug 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. If you were not staying on Disney property then you could have to call back each day to get your reservations.

This is essentially what I understand to be the policy. However, because of those saying they got ADRs for May already, I called a few minutes ago to see if I could make my ADRs starting May 3. The CM told me that I could if I were staying on property & give me the confirmation number. I said that I was, but needed to retrieve my confirmation number. After finding it, I called back, got another CM who told me that I could only make ADRs through April 29 and would have to wait until Feb 2. Then I could make ADR's for up to 10 days after.

I was offered to speak with a "supervisor" who confirmed that this was the policy. She explained that some of the discrepancies were occurring since some restaurants can still be booked out up to 180 days.

Bottom line, the policy is as Lily says above and the system is set up not to accept ADRs until 90 days out, not 100 days for on property guests. Their advantage is to be able to book ADRs for the entire 10 days of their vacation beginning when the day of arrival is 90 days out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter