Updated 1/22! Photos and a little reporting.

Wow! Lots of progress. Isn't great when they finally get the walls up and you can actually see the rooms?

Jill in CO

jedijill said:
Wow! Lots of progress. Isn't great when they finally get the walls up and you can actually see the rooms?

Jill in CO

Hi Jill! Yes it is great! Tomorrow I do the walk with the construction supervisor on where we want our electrical outlets. Then we walk with the mortgage inspector. The fun never ends.

I love construction photos!! I am getting my home-improvement fix through seeing your reno and my brother-in-law's -- he just took his master bathroom down to the studs to put in a big shower. All fine and dandy to rearrange themselves in-house until the plumbers came yesterday -- no water all day! Which is why I had my niece and nephews showering here yesterday! :rotfl2:

Good luck getting it all put together!

PHXscuba

Here!! Finally. Sorry it took me so long to clue in. :rolleyes: :upsidedow

Hi there! Welcome!

I love construction photos!! I am getting my home-improvement fix through seeing your reno and my brother-in-law's -- he just took his master bathroom down to the studs to put in a big shower. All fine and dandy to rearrange themselves in-house until the plumbers came yesterday -- no water all day! Which is why I had my niece and nephews showering here yesterday! :rotfl2:

Good luck getting it all put together!

PHXscuba

Oh stick with me! There are guaranteed to be construction photos for sure!

Being without water all day has got to be hard. I cannot even imagine!

Thanks for the luck!

The house is looking good!! Glad it's moving along so well!!

Sorry I haven't been around. As I'm sure you saw on FB I've been busy with the kids birthday party!! I can't believe my princess is 5 and my baby turns 3 tomorrow!! also we had Jeremy's first Cub Scout Pack meeting tonight and I have the Girl Scout Information Night on Wednesday!! I'm going to be co-leader for Sarah's troop with her really good friend from Pre School. Plus we found out we're having another little boy!!! Can't believe it!! Oh and I will be announcing it sometime this week on FB once I get pictures taken of the ultrasound pictures!! Family knows and is excited!!

The house is looking good!! Glad it's moving along so well!!

Sorry I haven't been around. As I'm sure you saw on FB I've been busy with the kids birthday party!! I can't believe my princess is 5 and my baby turns 3 tomorrow!! also we had Jeremy's first Cub Scout Pack meeting tonight and I have the Girl Scout Information Night on Wednesday!! I'm going to be co-leader for Sarah's troop with her really good friend from Pre School. Plus we found out we're having another little boy!!! Can't believe it!! Oh and I will be announcing it sometime this week on FB once I get pictures taken of the ultrasound pictures!! Family knows and is excited!!

Thank you. Today they are removing the asbestos from the house. They also started building our fence too.

I bet you're busy. The beginning of school always means so much work for mom. Congratulations on the baby boy! That's great!

Thank you. Today they are removing the asbestos from the house. They also started building our fence too.

I bet you're busy. The beginning of school always means so much work for mom. Congratulations on the baby boy! That's great!

Yeah asbestos is some nasty stuff. That'll be nice that it'll be gone!! Nice! I love seeing all the pictures!

Things have just been crazy!! Yesterday was really busy! I felt like I was never able to just sit down. I left the house at 8 am to drop kids off at school, went to Target and Safeway, came home dropped stuff off (left James in the van), picked Sarah up at 11:45, had a room parent meeting until 12:30, grabbed lunch from Burger King because I didn't have time to go home and make anything since Jeremy got out at 1:52 yesterday and all grades (expect K) get out at the same time on Wednesday, got Jeremy and had to run to Pleasanton for James and Sarah's well checks. Got out of there at 4 pm (our appointment's were at 2:45 and 3). Got home by 4:30 actually hit a little bit of traffic so my 15 min drive turned into a 30 min drive. Made dinner for the kids and left at 6 pm for the Girl Scout Night (formed troops for all grades which was awesome!!) I didn't get home until 8:30 pm. Kids were all in bed asleep since they hadn't napped earlier. Ended up not going to bed until 11:30 pm so I could get some room parent stuff and Girl Scout stuff done while everyone (DH included) was asleep. Today I did nothing but bring kids too and from school!! :rotfl2:

Yeah asbestos is some nasty stuff. That'll be nice that it'll be gone!! Nice! I love seeing all the pictures!

Things have just been crazy!! Yesterday was really busy! I felt like I was never able to just sit down. I left the house at 8 am to drop kids off at school, went to Target and Safeway, came home dropped stuff off (left James in the van), picked Sarah up at 11:45, had a room parent meeting until 12:30, grabbed lunch from Burger King because I didn't have time to go home and make anything since Jeremy got out at 1:52 yesterday and all grades (expect K) get out at the same time on Wednesday, got Jeremy and had to run to Pleasanton for James and Sarah's well checks. Got out of there at 4 pm (our appointment's were at 2:45 and 3). Got home by 4:30 actually hit a little bit of traffic so my 15 min drive turned into a 30 min drive. Made dinner for the kids and left at 6 pm for the Girl Scout Night (formed troops for all grades which was awesome!!) I didn't get home until 8:30 pm. Kids were all in bed asleep since they hadn't napped earlier. Ended up not going to bed until 11:30 pm so I could get some room parent stuff and Girl Scout stuff done while everyone (DH included) was asleep. Today I did nothing but bring kids too and from school!! :rotfl2:

Ugh that was a Calgon day! I remember the days of running after the kids when they were little. It was a crazy time. I had kids in three different schools at one point. It was insane!

Hi guys!

I fully intended to do a trip report update today but things happen. We are still going! Of course. I want to have a great trip but I don't want to do any fancy meals this trip. I want to just have a fun family trip. I am not sure how that will fly with the while gang but hey I am the planner! So that being said. Tomorrow.

This is my blog about our house rebuild if you're interested. Plus later I will post some of the weekly pictures.

I wait with eager anticipation. :)

Our last 2 weekends at Disney were very relaxed. I thought we had done relaxed before, but those last two were forced ones. It really is nice to stop and smell the roses. Sleep in or go to bed late, whatever works best at that moment. It was a whole new frontier to vacationing, but we really liked it. Going home, feet didn't hurt. We were well rested and ready to tackle whatever was next.

I wait with eager anticipation. :)

Our last 2 weekends at Disney were very relaxed. I thought we had done relaxed before, but those last two were forced ones. It really is nice to stop and smell the roses. Sleep in or go to bed late, whatever works best at that moment. It was a whole new frontier to vacationing, but we really liked it. Going home, feet didn't hurt. We were well rested and ready to tackle whatever was next.

That is the kind of trip I want. The memories from a stop and spell the roses trip will be fun. I plan to get my picture with every character that I can find! I am going to have a trip to end all trips.

Coming up the weekly house pictures.

This is part of our new fence.

My fireplace. They are refurbishing it. It is so beautiful. The supervisor showed me the booklet. I am so excited for my remote control gas fireplace.

More fence and the spot where our peach tree used to be.

More fence, the pear tree and the pyracantha bush.

Where our grapevine used to be.

Our new tub.

The shower pan from the master bath.

The peach tree. :sad:

The pan from our bathroom.

Fence looks great !!

Things are shaping up nicely

Following along! Sounds like your house is coming along nicely, as are the trip plans! I'm glad to hear your reviews about the Ayres as we are looking for a place to stay for one night before hitting the VGC. It's a bit further afield of Knott's but that might work out just perfect. Can't wait to hear more!

Ugh that was a Calgon day! I remember the days of running after the kids when they were little. It was a crazy time. I had kids in three different schools at one point. It was insane!

I figured it out. When Jeremy is in 5th grade I'll have all 3 at one school but it'll only be like that for one year!! Once I saw that I said forget it not thinking about future years! I'm sure the time will come that I'll have 3 different schools too. Possibly even 4 once I figure out when the newest little one will start school. Don't want to think about that though. Want to enjoy every day of this pregnancy that I can.

Great pictures of the house. I love how everything is starting to come together and it's looking like a house again. Sad about the peach tree. Maybe that could be one of the first things you replant?

Following along! Sounds like your house is coming along nicely, as are the trip plans! I'm glad to hear your reviews about the Ayres as we are looking for a place to stay for one night before hitting the VGC. It's a bit further afield of Knott's but that might work out just perfect. Can't wait to hear more!

Hi!! And Welcome!! It is indeed coming along. We had the fire on April 9th and the crew couldn't get in for about a month so I think they are doing great!!

The Ayres is hands down my favorite place to stay in Anaheim. They have more than one location in the area. One is in Orange and one in Anaheim. The Anaheim one is our favorite, but they are an amazing company so I have no doubt that any of their hotels are wonderful!

Am I reading your signature right? This will be your first Disneyland trip?

I figured it out. When Jeremy is in 5th grade I'll have all 3 at one school but it'll only be like that for one year!! Once I saw that I said forget it not thinking about future years! I'm sure the time will come that I'll have 3 different schools too. Possibly even 4 once I figure out when the newest little one will start school. Don't want to think about that though. Want to enjoy every day of this pregnancy that I can.

Great pictures of the house. I love how everything is starting to come together and it's looking like a house again. Sad about the peach tree. Maybe that could be one of the first things you replant?

The thought is daunting! Don't worry about it until the time comes. Why borrow stress?:hug:

The house is amazing. I know you saw the original pictures I posted on Judy's thread so you do see how far it has come. We were talking last night and we are going to do a lot of replanting next spring. I am so excited for what the next year will bring.:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter