UPDATE!!!! What bags are people using for the parks these days??

I have looked at the hipster, but was concerned about my things getting soaked if we are caught in the rain. Any thoughts on this?

I use the hipster for everyday now that I used it in Disney (actually I've upgraded to the bigger "saddle up" bag). I carried a gallon sized ziploc with us each day to throw our stuff in just in case of rain - we never needed it. A few drips or even a light rain is not going to completely soak the purse or your items inside - the fabric is thick. I really loved the comfort of the Vera Bradley bags, and how easy it was to access my items - I will be bringing mine on my next trips, as well.

So, that's my solution... bring a zip loc that will fit your camera and anything else you don't want wet... and have fun. :)

Oh, and there's a VB message board that has photos of other bags too (including the hipster, mini-hipster and saddle up) if you're interested... http://verabradleyresources.proboards.com/index.cgi

:thumbsup2
D~

This sounds like a good idea! We also have our stroller so we put stuff on there and don't carry a bag.
Sometimes those strollers did come in handy. I must admit. We would sometimes get the double one when our youngest was young just to carry stuff. :thumbsup2

I use the hipster for everyday now that I used it in Disney (actually I've upgraded to the bigger "saddle up" bag). I carried a gallon sized ziploc with us each day to throw our stuff in just in case of rain - we never needed it. A few drips or even a light rain is not going to completely soak the purse or your items inside - the fabric is thick. I really loved the comfort of the Vera Bradley bags, and how easy it was to access my items - I will be bringing mine on my next trips, as well.

So, that's my solution... bring a zip loc that will fit your camera and anything else you don't want wet... and have fun. :)

Oh, and there's a VB message board that has photos of other bags too (including the hipster, mini-hipster and saddle up) if you're interested... http://verabradleyresources.proboards.com/index.cgi

:thumbsup2
D~

cool thanks :)

Can you wash/dry these Vera bags???

Yes, you can wash them with any liquid detergent (non bleach and NO woolite) - wash them inside out - so the color doesn't fade. Also hang to dry so the don't lose their shape. :) Some of them do have a cardboard base that you have to remove (there is a slit sewn into the bottom to make them easy to remove/insert) - if your bag doesn't have the slit - the bottom doesn't need to be removed. HTH> :thumbsup2

D~

http://www.bagsbuy.com/baggallini-mes160-messenger-bagg/121602/285126

I have used this the last 2 trips and it's perfect. The one shoulder strap is very easy to carry and very comfortable. I also bring my VB hipster which I sometimes use if we go in the evening (instead of the bpack not with it) or if were just going to dinner or somewhere that i don't need much stuff.

In answer to the poster who asked about the VB getting wet, I always put my camera and cell in a ziplock anyway for the water rides and I've never had the VB bags soak through from rain although they do get wet.

Thanks for this info! I have been trying to decide between the baggallini and the hipster.

Denise, check out this shopping tote from Briggs & Riley. It’s ideal for a day out in the park to carry odds and ends like sunglasses, park tickets, your cell phone and iPod, keys, etc. The bag is being sold a discount right now. If you need more space, you can also consider the large tote bag. Both these totes have leather straps and are extremely comfortable to carry.

Denise, check out this shopping tote from Briggs & Riley. It’s ideal for a day out in the park to carry odds and ends like sunglasses, park tickets, your cell phone and iPod, keys, etc. The bag is being sold a discount right now. If you need more space, you can also consider the large tote bag. Both these totes have leather straps and are extremely comfortable to carry.

Thanks I will check these out too. :goodvibes

This year I got the "organizing shoulder bag" from Thirty One. It comes in several designs.....I got the black and had my name monogrammed on it in Disney font "DIS green of course". It has two pockets outside, one with a zip. Used the zip pocket to stick tickets and FP's in for easy access. stuck gum in the other other pocket along with park of the day maps and schedules. Inside has a zip compartment also and two pockets that will hold cell phones. It isn't a huge bag but held 2 autograph books with sharpies, my wallet, a hand held video camera, my Canon power shot, extra batteries, DD's epi pen and my cell phone. Also had enough room to add our sunglasses to the bag when necessary.

In the past I have used an across the body type bag. This next trip i will be rockin' a fanny pack. My neck is always killing me by the time the day is over from the across the body bag. I think the fanny pack is the right solution for me.

...And saw Bookbags GALORE!:confused3 OK, so what do you REALLY need to overstuff a bookbag and bang into everyone with it?:confused:I also saw....are you ready............COOLERS WITH WHEELS!!!:eek: WTH? A family of about 8 had 2 of these, just rolling them behind them in a VERY HOT AND HUMID ANIMAL KINGDOM PARK!:confused3:laughing: Yea, ok....also saw Baggalinis and small purses, and a HUGE Tote Bag hanging on this one womans arm, looked like she was walking lopsided it was so heavy!:laughing: What did I have? Well...I had a passport holder around my neck with my room card/check card/ID/Ins card/cash/pills for the day/ and I still had room leftover...had my camera clipped onto my belt loop! THAT WAS IT!:banana: NO bag check for ME!:woohoo:

I carry this: http://www.shoebuy.com/baggallini-wbs107c-wallet-bagg/121628/285321

It's a baggallini wallet bag. I attach the straps so it's wider than it is tall so I can see everything in it easily. It holds my cell phone, small camera, some money, chap stick, small hand lotion, small hand sanitizer, the pages out of the Passporter for the park we are going to that day and a pack of peanut butter crackers. That's pretty much all I need. I am not traveling with little kids so I don't have to bring as much as some people. I have tried carrying a fanny pack and carrying this and I prefer this. The strap can be adjusted to be long enough to go across your body.

...And saw Bookbags GALORE!:confused3 OK, so what do you REALLY need to overstuff a bookbag and bang into everyone with it?:confused:I also saw....are you ready............COOLERS WITH WHEELS!!!:eek: WTH? A family of about 8 had 2 of these, just rolling them behind them in a VERY HOT AND HUMID ANIMAL KINGDOM PARK!:confused3:laughing: Yea, ok....also saw Baggalinis and small purses, and a HUGE Tote Bag hanging on this one womans arm, looked like she was walking lopsided it was so heavy!:laughing: What did I have? Well...I had a passport holder around my neck with my room card/check card/ID/Ins card/cash/pills for the day/ and I still had room leftover...had my camera clipped onto my belt loop! THAT WAS IT!:banana: NO bag check for ME!:woohoo:
The family with the coolers could possibly be attempting to be economical. perhaps they had drinks, sandwiches and snacks in those coolers.

Although I do not carry a bookbag, I doh ahve plenty of stuff to put into one if I wanted to carry it. Water bottles for 6 people, snax, my SLR, money, cc, id's room keys, cell phone, etc.....it does take up some room. I haven't recently filled a backpack with stuff simply to bump into people

I use4d my baggalini on one trip, then a slig backpack on another. On our last trip, I used my Vera backpack

I myself, am a backpack person when it comes to Disney. We typically take lunch/snacks, camera, cell phone(s), sunscreen, etc. and that all takes up space. If we stayed on site, I might not use something as large, but going back to the room is a little bit bigger deal when staying offsite. When we go to Disney this July, I plan on taking my Vera Bradley Large Backpack. One thing I love about VB is all of the organization that is built into these bags - makes it really easy to find what you are looking for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter