• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

UPDATE re: Disney trip (USAF family)

weregoingtodw

<font color=deeppink>Save the cookies for the TF<b
We are *so* stinkin' excited, I can't even contain myself. As you might remember from my previous thread, my husband is going on a one-year tour overseas, and I was trying to plan a Disney trip to cheer up my 8yo daughter, who is understandably upset about Daddy leaving for a year.

Well, my in-laws are going to Disney June 3-8, and my husband was supposed to leave from here June 4. My in-laws called us to say that we could get flights on Southwest for $59/each way. I still wasn't convinced but put the flights on a 24-hour courtesy hold. We then called SoG, they had rooms available so I got down to the nitty-gritty planning. If we absolutely scrimp, we will be able to afford the trip for all 3 of us! Hubby called and *tentatively* got his report date pushed back by a week, and so we went ahead & booked it.

PLEASE send some pixie dust that this goes through, because the airline ticket and the rooms reserved are non-refundable. He says we should go ahead without him regardless, I just hate him being alone his last night in the States. My daughter was so thrilled, though, when she found out that Daddy would be *hopefully* going to Disney with us that it will be worth every scrimping moment! Can you imagine a better send-off for a man heading overseas for a year, with a good possibility of being sent to Iraq, than 4 days at Disney with his dad, stepmom, little brother, wife and daughter? These will be forever memories...

15 days til we're going to DISNEY WORLD!!! :Pinkbounc

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you - and we'll be there during that time as well at SOG (May 28-June 7)!

Here's hoping my DH doesn't join yours overseas (they're eluding to August for him).

Pixie dust for all of us!

I'm sending big waves of PD to both of you for magical vacations and safe returns for your husbands.

:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter