*UPDATE*(post 24) Looks like our BDAY CR MKV surprise isn't going to happen for DS

FINFAN

Mom to Tinkbell
:sad1:Well, this was our second year in a row trying to surprise DS with a stay in his dream resort, CR Tower MK view..have an awesome rate of 258 for his birthday , we had 2 nights 8/7 and 8/8. We were tying this in as a surprise as we have to drag DS along again to take DD to college, ( from Chicago to Sarasota ) thougth we'd have a quick family weekend vacation. I guess it is not to be as DD had to go in for an MRI just this past Friday and we won't have results until late Tuesday (8/4) Our flight leaves Friday 6 a.m. (8/7). Just too frazzled and stressed...the doctor said she feels maybe a theme park and rides is not the best right now, especially w/DD then heading to college where we will not be able to see how she is doing ..( sufffering from awful migraines that are increasing and scaring the :scared1: out of us all) To top it off, DD is a volunteer Orientation Leader andarrives at school early, she will not have any roommates in her apartment with her for 10 days and a very meager number of students in her complex, so I am freaked if she has an episode etc.
Sigh, the savings grace is that DS has no idea we had it planned...after last years disappointment I don't think he could've taken it again. I looked into the discounts for December 17/18 room only, but insane, even with the discount. The medical bills are starting to add up ( MRI alone 1975.00 b4 insurance)so can't splurge. I called and the CM's were VERY nice and understanding, they are allowing us until Tuesday to do an absolute cancel or re-schedule ...(tonight was our 5 day mark for cancellation) but our hearts and heads are a mess with worry, so not really thinking too celarly to reschedule something, wouldn't get that awesome rate anyway ( 40% BDAY PIN on August rate vs. 37% off of Holiday rate is a HUGE difference)
Anyway, thanks for letting me have a pity party, keeping our fingers crossed all goes well on Tuesday. I thought we were just dealing with migraines ( and I know those are wicked ugly to deal with) but when the doctor advised abut not going to a them park,,,now I am kinda freaked.

pam

thanks keelhauled, DD is pretty upset as we do not feel it is not the wisest decision for her to attend the training and be living on her own (based on medical info so far) we have to make decisions with air travel involved. She made a committment to be there, which is true, but this sort of changes things..so now THAT is on top of everything else....so far I do not have that *gut* feeling that there is a really serious issue, but that she will not gain many answers/relief. Her campus does not have a health center on it, which further complicates matters.
Sigh....it's gloomy here today for both weather and attitude.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, and I hope/pray that this works out in the best possible way for you and your family.

Oh, Pam. I am so sorry. :hug:

I am sending pixiedust:pixiedust:for a good doctor's report and additional pixiedust: that you can find a good rate for another time for your DS in the not too distant future.

thanks everyone...DD finally got a full nights sleep last night, which is a great sign...the trip can be reworked ( for a price :rolleyes:) but her head had about reached it's limit. And now mine is starting to hurt....airfare penalties....:headache: luckily one direction is on SW...but the return is AirTran ( only carrier w/ non-stops from Sarasota to Chicago).
Well, you know, DS might get there one day, but sheesh, did y'all see the rates for 2010!:scared1: $650-$750 is nuts for 1 nights stay..like I said before, rt airfare to Hawaii!

Oh, I'm so sorry! I certainly wish the absolute best for your daughter's health. Hang in there! :hug:

I'm so sorry to read about your trip, and your daughter's awful headaches.

Just from experience, I know that migraines can be debilitating. My mother has had daily migraines, increasing in intensity, since she was 16 years old. They have made her permanently disabled. Some days are decent, others are hospital-worthy. She has been to numerous headache clinics (in Detroit and NYC) but to no avail. They don't know why or how these began, and they keep trying different medications to help her.

I say this only because doctors advise my mother against theme parks as well - they aggravate her condition. Of course, she did go - she just didn't hit the rides very hard (if at all). So the doctor isn't trying to scare you, he's just trying to keep your daughter as well as possible!

I hope that it turns out that your daughter has a mild condition such as migraines. I know, I know... migraines are NOT mild. But in the scheme of things, it would not be a bad thing to hear "these are only migraines."

Take good care of her and of yourselves. My thoughts and prayers are with you! :hug:

So sorry about your trip and your daughter's med issues! I just wanted to chime in and tell you that I had awful problems with migraines and vision problems shortly before starting college and through my freshman year- turned out to be a severe allergy to artificial sweetners- they are hidden in tons of food. I wish I would've been diagnosed before the bone marrow tests and the tons of MRI and blood work. Aspartame is my biggest enemy but I am also sensitive to other artificial sweetners and some artificail citrus scents. Hope this helps!

I am so sorry to hear about your DD being sick. I know that this worries you terribly. I have been upset at losing our MK view due to us changing to a package. I feel awful. God always seems to put things into perspective for me rather quickly. My family and I are so fortunate. You will be in my prayers and I hope that your next Disney trip is the BEST ONE, EVER!:cheer2:

So sorry about your trip and your daughter's med issues! I just wanted to chime in and tell you that I had awful problems with migraines and vision problems shortly before starting college and through my freshman year- turned out to be a severe allergy to artificial sweetners- they are hidden in tons of food. I wish I would've been diagnosed before the bone marrow tests and the tons of MRI and blood work. Aspartame is my biggest enemy but I am also sensitive to other artificial sweetners and some artificail citrus scents. Hope this helps!

Sorry to go off topic, but the same thing here. I know my mom is sensitive to artificial sweeteners (Splenda being the worst for her) and MSG and chocolate and some dairy and cheeses... so when I started having migraines, I stopped eating foods that triggered my mom's. Of course, the food exclusion didn't help my mom - but it helped me.

Good luck again with your daughter, best wishes for all of you and hopefully you can get some much-needed Disney magic soon! :wizard:

I'm so sorry about the cancelled trip, and I'll keep your family in our thoughts/prayers regarding your daughter. We had a bad scare earlier in the year with our middle son, and it was awful. Sending you good vibes...:goodvibes

So have you already cancelled for sure? Have you already positively decided? I am just thinking about what another poster said, maybe you could still go, and not hit the rides? Disney has so much to offer, without going on rides! Parades, fireworks, slower rides?

Also, being a migraine sufferer most of my life, what do they think the mri can tell you? I know they commonly do a cat scan, which I have had, so that they can ensure it's nothing in the brain area. Do they think something in the neck or back may be causing it? That's what causes mine, in addition for other female things, but mostly it's muscular.

The optomist in me keeps hoping you can still somehow do this.....:wizard:

So have you already cancelled for sure? Have you already positively decided? I am just thinking about what another poster said, maybe you could still go, and not hit the rides? Disney has so much to offer, without going on rides! Parades, fireworks, slower rides?

Also, being a migraine sufferer most of my life, what do they think the mri can tell you? I know they commonly do a cat scan, which I have had, so that they can ensure it's nothing in the brain area. Do they think something in the neck or back may be causing it? That's what causes mine, in addition for other female things, but mostly it's muscular.

The optomist in me keeps hoping you can still somehow do this.....:wizard:

not sure why the MRI vs the CAT SCAN...but maybe that is a starting point and if nothing shows there then on to the CS?:confused3 I understand the concern the doctor has because the trip ties right into taking her to school and no one around at night, so maybe trying ot minimize things, again, hopefully we will know more after tomorrows visit. DD knows to avaoid aspertame, even if she didn't get migraines the stuff is not someting she is comfortable putting into her body. We only had 1 heavy park day, DHS, but to take her there and say, oh, you can't go on RNR, TOT...sort of , well, keeps as an ugly reminder of her health instead of enjoying the weekend, KWIM? However, we have not cancelled YET...need to get results and talk with the doctor first since that is the main deciding factor. Right now, I don't know WHAT to do..and nothing has been packed, etc., and that is a big undertaking since we are bringing all her college stuff and then WDW packing, BUT, if all is good, I will get it done...I will have Thursday off which will help and we are booked on SW so the bag fees are not an issue :-)worship:)
We are literally at the mercy of Tuesdays results, and based on those if we feel comfortable with a theme par, theme park and skeleton crew at school , or just head to school withh general student move in and see how she feels over the next 2 weeks.

Please update, if you are able to/feel comfortable doing so. I know I am not the only one sending you pixie dust.......Of course the health of your daughter is your first priority, I am just thinking positive thoughts in terms of her health, and all going smoothly..........:goodvibes

not sure why the MRI vs the CAT SCAN...but maybe that is a starting point and if nothing shows there then on to the CS?:confused3 I understand the concern the doctor has because the trip ties right into taking her to school and no one around at night, so maybe trying ot minimize things, again, hopefully we will know more after tomorrows visit. DD knows to avaoid aspertame, even if she didn't get migraines the stuff is not someting she is comfortable putting into her body. We only had 1 heavy park day, DHS, but to take her there and say, oh, you can't go on RNR, TOT...sort of , well, keeps as an ugly reminder of her health instead of enjoying the weekend, KWIM? However, we have not cancelled YET...need to get results and talk with the doctor first since that is the main deciding factor. Right now, I don't know WHAT to do..and nothing has been packed, etc., and that is a big undertaking since we are bringing all her college stuff and then WDW packing, BUT, if all is good, I will get it done...I will have Thursday off which will help and we are booked on SW so the bag fees are not an issue :-)worship:)
We are literally at the mercy of Tuesdays results, and based on those if we feel comfortable with a theme par, theme park and skeleton crew at school , or just head to school withh general student move in and see how she feels over the next 2 weeks.

Oh, Pam :hug: I am so sorry you are going through this difficult time. Sending loads of dust, good wishes and prayer that the Docs will find out what is causing the migraines and be able to take care of it.
icon_tinkRight.gif

Do keep us updated, if possible.

c6ea3b64.gif

I hope tomorrows results are positive......

prayers are being sent your way!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter