• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Update Post #14-DVC Slider for MB

We won't go again until October and have until late August to "personalize" our next set of Magic Bands. Any guesses as to what changes will have taken place by then? Hopefully they will have upgraded their readers to be able to read _all_ information on your MDE account and so not have to carry extra cards with you.

I got 3 DVC sliders with our magic bands even though one person is not a member. Most likely her band would read Member because she is staying in a points room. I think that will be the issue with reading directly from the bands.

I got 3 DVC sliders with our magic bands even though one person is not a member. Most likely her band would read Member because she is staying in a points room. I think that will be the issue with reading directly from the bands.

It would read the data from her MDE profile which would not have the DVC Member Affiliation.

It would read the data from her MDE profile which would not have the DVC Member Affiliation.

Considering they are sending out Annual Pass discount cards with magic bands, I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon. In any case, they will likely always require ID to prevent you from passing your discount band to someone else.

I have a question about that. I have a MDE profile. DH does not; he is on my Family and Friends list. I make all the travel arrangements and from what I have read about the random problems with MBs, the strong opinion is for him NOT to create his own MDE profile.

How does he get the DVC affiliation then?

I have a question about that. I have a MDE profile. DH does not; he is on my Family and Friends list. I make all the travel arrangements and from what I have read about the random problems with MBs, the strong opinion is for him NOT to create his own MDE profile.

How does he get the DVC affiliation then?

Without his own MDE account, he won't get the DVC Affiliation.

We've completed 3 resort stays and several day visits with either 2 or 3 people and all have their own MDE accounts and all were linked with each other with no problems.

Anyone know if this will be available at front desk? No sliders came with ours for May 6-12

Just talked with DVC MS asking about DW's slider.
They are just now testing sending these sliders out starting with reservations that start after 5/11/14.
I was told a note is being placed on my reservation that DW needs one and it can be picked up at the front desk upon check-in.

Our stay that we received the bands for yesterday is for a check in on May 14th. Good to see that it's starting out inconsistent. :thumbsup2

Those are cute...I want one..

My DH doesn't have an MDE account either but when I look at his ticket in MY MDE it shows him being DVC member. Shows my whole family. It also shows we are AP holders as well. I hope we get both..

Our stay that we received the bands for yesterday is for a check in on May 14th. Good to see that it's starting out inconsistent. :thumbsup2

Good to see that it's starting out inconsistent. :thumbsup2
Why did you say this?
According to my previous post they are sending out the sliders for stays starting after May 11, 2014.

They are just now testing sending these sliders out starting with reservations that start after 5/11/14.
I was told a note is being placed on my reservation that DW needs one and it can be picked up at the front desk upon check-in.

We arrive May 18, I got the bands and the sliders today (one for each).

ry%3D400

This is the same slider that I got.

Good to see that it's starting out inconsistent. :thumbsup2
Why did you say this?
According to my previous post they are sending out the sliders for stays starting after May 11, 2014.

Because May 14th comes after May 11. My bands for a May 12 reservation also did not get the sliders.

Laura

com_op_2000 said:
Why did you say this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by com_op_2000

I posted earlier that we did not get the sliders. That would be inconsistent with the info of who is supposed to get them wouldn't you say since the bands are for check in on May 14th?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

we are checking into BLT on 5/11 and didn't receive the sliders. I think I might call MS and see if we can pick them up at check in.

aw, we leave friday and I would love this or an AP slide :mad:

I wonder if any of the welcome home wednesdays will have this available...that would make me feel better :)

We got our AP sliders yesterday--will find out about DVC sliders soon as I think our MBs are coming for our May trip shortly.

We got two boxes of AP MB's. One box contain my two daughters MB and they both got the sliders. The other box contained my DH and my MB and no slider. All four of us have current AP's.

My check in dates are 5/10 and 5/13- our bands did not come with DVC slides. I just called MS and they told me just to let them know at check in that I didn't get them, and they will have slides at the desk.

Because May 14th comes after May 11. My bands for a May 12 reservation also did not get the sliders.

Laura

I see the confusion now:confused3 the MB we got a week ago have the AP SLIDERS WITH THEM ( not the DVC member one) I guess the ones for May 11th will be DVC sliders

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter