• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Update on SteveH's wife's biopsy

Oh my goodness, I am so glad you updated us Donna.

I'm truly sorry to hear that Nicole more than likely has cancer, but what a relief to know that there is such a high survival rate. Please do let Steve know that we are thinking of him and his lovely wife, as well as that cute little boy of his. Our prayers will continue for his family.

My prayers are being said for Nicole and Steve too.

I did not read the whole thread so perhaps this has already been mentioned. Did you know that one of the world's best hockey players, and owner and player for the Pittsburgh Penguins - Mario Lemuix - has Hodgkins Disease? He was diagnosed some years back - BEFORE he became the owner of the Penguins and BEFORE he came out of his retirement of a year or two. I am pretty sure that he continued to practice and play as much as he could even during his chemotherapy.
I don't think that anyone would ever know that he ever was sick by looking at him now.
I think that he could be an inspiration to Nicole and Steve...

I hope so at least. :)

Thanks for the update Donna.

Steve & Nicole - I hope that after the treatment she is 100% better. Sending out lots and lots of good thoughts and prayers for both of you and your son.

My thoughts and prayers are with Steve and Nicole. My heart goes out to them. Thanks for the update, Donna.

Thanks guys. :)

The doctor said that we'll know by Monday or Tuesday what the pathologist's report shows, but it's almost certain to be lymphoma, just as likely Hodgkin's. Like others have said and I told Donna, caught this early and with Nicole being so young, this is likely to be the best possible cancer result we could have received.

Nicole's spirits are pretty decent (her main concern right now is the effect of the chemotherapy on future fertility :/ ) and we hope to speak to an Oncologist next week and get an idea of their planned chemo/radiation schedule.

Things like this sure turn a persons world upside down don't they?

Hoping for the very best for your wife.
Sincerely,
Me

Will keep your wife, your little one and you in my thoughts and prayers.

Steve - I'm sorry to hear that the diagnosis is cancer - but glad that the prognosis sounds good & that all the indicators for successful treatment are there. I will continue to keep you & your family in my thoughts - I know the prospect of chemo is not a happy thought & I'm sure Nicole is feeling pretty sad & scared - I'll send all the strength & healing spirit I can muster. Anytime a person & their family are affected by this type of serious illness, it changes everything - In my case, I found the Silver Lining to be how much more I valued Life & what is really important - I hope that you guys find a similar Silver Lining that will make the tough road of treatment ahead a little less bumpy.
My best to you guys.....

My prayers continue for all of you. I hope Nicole is feeling better soon.

I'll be keeping Nicole and your family in my prayers Steve. {{hugs}}

I am so sorry.

The love of your family has always shone through your posts. I know that this same love will sustain you both through the tough times that lie ahead.

Take care, many prayers and good wishes are coming your way.

Wishing Nicole the best, Steve...I can't even imagine getting hit with something like this so close to Christmas. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter