*UPDATE on post #19... Help...no room at the inn...none of the inns for 11/23

3PRINCESSMOM

Used to be 3PRINCESSMOM, but alas she nows has a P
I just booked a last minute trip for the Thanksgiving weekend, 11/23-11/29 (the flights are already booked). We got our 2 rooms at Pop for 11/24-11/29, but there is, literally, nothing available for us for 11/23 (which is Thanksgiving night) :crowded: . We do not arrive until after 8:00 at night. I really, really want something on-site so we can use DME. The CM helping me was wonderful...she actually dug up some special suite at GF for over $1100 a night; that is more than my entire budget for this trip.

The reason I went ahead and booked another trip is because I just buried my mother last Saturday, and although it was expected since she was quite ill, we need something to look forward to in the short-run right about now. So please, help me hope for some pixie dust.

You still have some time between now and Thanksgiving.
I would keep trying everyday. Pop Century has a lot of rooms and
people change travel plans every day. Be persistant and I think you will get your room. Call at least once a day if not more, but don't give up.

Have you tried Travelocity and Expedia? I am going the same dates (almost) that you are (Nov 22-Nov 28) and while we booked the 23-28th at POR, I am always on the look out for a cheap deluxe and have seen atleast some resorts pop up with availability on those sites for Nov 23.

I checked for you and it looked like Expedia had a room available at AK.

Jennifer

The Disney website is showing availability for AS Movies under the room only code BRZ for $100 (for some reason it doesn't show up under the regular rate search). It's under the special offers section under tickets and reservations here . It needs to be booked by Oct 28.

:thanks:
I am just going to keep trying.

That link now showed only 1 pool-view at WL.

1) I guess you are not looking for "just" a room.
2) You are looking for something more upscale.
3) There are options available for a "room at the inn".
4) Good luck with your preference.

Since you will be arriving at night have you considered staying at the hotel in the airport and taking ME the next morning?

Sixcats has a good suggestion: I'd do Priceine for the Airport area. All the airport hotels are decent and have shuttles to/from airport (free) . Take ME next morning.

The regular search at disneyworld.com is now showing POR (waterview) and POFQ (standard) available.

aynt79 said:
The regular search at disneyworld.com is now showing POR (waterview) and POFQ (standard) available.

She has four kids. She'll need more room than one standard room.

i would book whatever is available now that you can afford and then just keep checking every day something will come available, just think positive. have you tried the cabins at the campground they sleep 6 people? por sleeps 5 two double beds and a pull out trundle maybe you could get a cot, you are arriving so late you are just going to sleep and move to next hotel. we did this last vacation arrived late and stayed at a different hotel the first night we slept woke up showered and moved, you are better off checking into the 2 hotel as soon as possible, they will check you in, take your luggage and you are free to do whatever you like and when you come home you luggage will be in your room.
good luck and very sorry to hear about your mom, i just lost a sister 5 weeks ago and we were in disney it was our 2 to last day when we got the news, very difficult no matter what.

TheRustyScupper said:
1) I guess you are not looking for "just" a room.
2) You are looking for something more upscale.
3) There are options available for a "room at the inn".
4) Good luck with your preference.

We can't afford "upscale." We could do either 2 value rooms or a cabin. There will be 6 of us total, (me and my 3 girls, plus my aunt and her daughter).

The airport hotel is definitely on our radar. I guess that will be our plan B. However, of course, our preference would be to feel the Disney magic ASAP by being on-site that night.

Thank you all for both your positive suggestions/feed back and your kind words regarding the loss of my mom. WDW is just the elixir we all need.

So far we have been able to get 1 room @ POFQ. No discount, though. Yikes...rack rate!

3PRINCESSMOM said:
So far we have been able to get 1 room @ POFQ. No discount, though. Yikes...rack rate!

Where are you putting the other two people?

3PRINCESSMOM said:

See if you can get into POR you would fine, sinc eyour lil' prince is under 3... that rooms holds 5 (but they will not count the little guy)! Try everyday, cancellations happen-- your best bet is to try first thing in the morning (7am disney time),any cancelled rooms from the day before will show then. I am assuming you are doing just a room only booking, (not a package)... otherwise there is the swan/dolphin, ME could maybe drop you are BC or BW (just a thought, not sure if they would do that).

Another thought what about seeing about any last minute DVC rentals?? Might be cost effective as well and a villa that would sleep all of you.

GOOD luck, something will come up.... but get something booked for now... you can always switch it later!

hence the phrase "So far we have been able to book..."

They may end up in another resort, though. The CM I spoke with yesterday advised booking the standard room that was available then, while we continue to check back. My aunt and her daughter would like:
1. To stay in the same resort location as us on 11/23, OR
2. To stay at Pop on 11/23, since our packages that begin on 11/24 are @ Pop, OR
3. To lay their heads on a pillow in any value or moderate for that one night.

I am not sure if your question had an undertone of disapproval or not, but it did come across as though you were making an assumption. You know what they say about making assumptions, though... :rolleyes1

I wasn't making an assumption, I was doing the math. I knew you had 6 and the room only holds four. I was wondering what you would be doing with the other 2 if you only got the one room. I didn't think you'd leave them sleeping in the lobby.

It has been awhile since I updated our plans.

Firstly, I apologize for not being clear about our travelling party. This is a "girls only" trip, so no hubby or DS. It will be me, the 3 princesses and my aunt and her daughter, (6 in all).

Secondly, shortly after my last post, I believe on 11/2, I was able to secure a standard room at Pop for 11/23. And as of yesterday...TA...DA
I was able to get a second room, also at Pop. Last night I cancelled the room at POFQ.

So it all worked out. party: BTW, the only availability I found over these last couple of weeks was online at rack rate.

Does anybody think it is worth trying to get either an AP or AAA discount applied via phone calls? FYI, 11/23 is Thanksgiving night so I am assuming it may be blacked-out for any discounts. What do you think?

3PRINCESSMOM said:
It has been awhile since I updated our plans.

Firstly, I apologize for not being clear about our travelling party. This is a "girls only" trip, so no hubby or DS. It will be me, the 3 princesses and my aunt and her daughter, (6 in all).

Secondly, shortly after my last post, I believe on 11/2, I was able to secure a standard room at Pop for 11/23. And as of yesterday...TA...DA
I was able to get a second room, also at Pop. Last night I cancelled the room at POFQ.

So it all worked out. party: BTW, the only availability I found over these last couple of weeks was online at rack rate.

Does anybody think it is worth trying to get either an AP or AAA discount applied via phone calls? FYI, 11/23 is Thanksgiving night so I am assuming it may be blacked-out for any discounts. What do you think?

call the 800# and see...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter