Update. Oh Southwest if you would lower your rates I would fly out a day earlier

yeahdisney

DIS Veteran
And I would give disney more money. Made hotel reservation 11 months ago. Made airline reservation they day they opened. Our 2 snowflakes are in different schools and who knew what the grades would be when vacation time rolled around. They are doing fine, so they could miss one day, they have not missed any schools days so far. Both schools said, if a test they could take it a day early, who knew. So if southwest could bring back the prices back down I would change our flights and leave this freezing cold. There are five of us flying. Bring on the stalking of southwest site.

UPDATE: today I did my normal check (flight stalk) and the first flight in the morning was the same price for two people (as the original flight price) for the other three people they would have to pay the higher price to fly out on that flight. I called Southwest and in a matter of moments the worker bee separated the flight reservation and rebooked it, cost $70 and change. So far, the weather in Orlando shows a gorgeous day for arrival day. So we will now gather our supplies have lunch and head to the hotel and pool for the rest of the day, have a fun supper. Our kids cannot ride rides without being sick on the same day they fly.

I was hoping to change the flight time so a few weeks ago I was able to snag a car reservation at a cheaper price and I had picked the earlier flight arrival time so no rental car price change. Yippee for me.

Others were watching, how did it go for you?

And I would give disney more money. Made hotel reservation 11 months ago. Made airline reservation they day they opened. Our 2 snowflakes are in different schools and who knew what the grades would be when vacation time rolled around. They are doing fine, so they could miss one day, they have not missed any schools days so far. Both schools said, if a test they could take it a day early, who knew. So if southwest could bring back the prices back down I would change our flights and leave this freezing cold. There are five of us flying. Bring on the stalking of southwest site.

I've been guilty of checking the Southwest site a million times a day hoping the flights earlier in the day would go down. Good luck.

I have been stalking for the same reason. the prices DID come down, but I am nervous to pull the trigger b/c the flight we currently have is non stop...the day before it's a layover in Chicago. In winter. Makes me nervous...so I have not done it yet

From what I have heard and read that airlines will track the traffic to their websites and searches so that they can adjust prices based on interest in flights. So the more you check the more they see people looking at days, flights, etc... and will adjust prices based on "demand" for those flights and days. I would limit how often you go in to once maybe twice a day so that they don't think more people want to go then really do and maybe prices will go down.

Good Luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter