UPDATE - Merchandise event?

vellamint

DIS Veteran
I dont know if I should even post or ask about this since it is member specific but since I am not providing a link OR specific information (hopefully) I thought I might ask a question.

I received an email (this am) that included a questionnaire which labeled me as available and as within the specified parameters of their "event".

Has anyone attended a merchandise event before? Has anyone else here received this email?

I really only want to know if everyone here would think it is worth it to give up 3 hours (travelling included) of a park day to attend or if it is just a "exclusive" way of purchasing something new/expensive?

I do NOT want to do anything wrong which is why I am so vague....although the way the email was worded I "think" I was told to not copy or forward it...which does not mean I cant ask questions....right?

DH received the e-mail today. He said he has gotten things like this before but not for times when we would be at Disney. This time we will overlap by one day of this event so he signed up. Not sure what to expect, but since we will be in the area we figured we would see what it is all about. You have to answer a bunch of questions first to see if you qualify.

DH received the e-mail today. He said he has gotten things like this before but not for times when we would be at Disney. This time we will overlap by one day of this event so he signed up. Not sure what to expect, but since we will be in the area we figured we would see what it is all about. You have to answer a bunch of questions first to see if you qualify.

Exact same here...overlapping by our departure day but got an appointment early enough to make it with hours to spare. Just nervous that we will show up and it will be ... I dont know....I NEVER get picked for anything lol. Im so excited!

Update:

I just received the free gift that they said would arrive a few weeks after completion.

The actual "event" consisted of my daughter having her face photographed by a 3d camera!!

The gift is a Disney Princess ceramic doll with HER FACE used as the model!!

It looks amazingly like her......OMG......the only thing wrong with it is that her skin tone is all off....perhaps due to her summer tan.

What do you think though.....cute or creepy?

DSCF8211.jpg

DSCF8209.jpg

DSCF8218.jpg

DSCF8217.jpg

Mods if this is in the wrong forum I apologize.

That's pretty cool!! My daughter would love something like that. Where was the event? At the Doorway to Dreams in NY? I wonder if we live too far away to have gotten that email in the summer. We are like 2 hours from NY.

How do you think they decided who to invite to the event? Do you think it was based on membership or random? Just curious. Very neat statue with your daughter's face.

I think the original email with the questionnaire was tailored to DVC members that were going to be in Orlando during the "event" timeframe. Then they chose people depending on the answers given. One of which was to ask what was the highest amount of $ spent on a souvenier, another was if we had a daughter under the age of 16......

When ours came we thought it looked like our daughter except the skin tone was off also. We had to fill out a questionaire and we noted that the skin tone was too dark and red. Hopefully, if they go forward with this they will adujust the coloring appropriately. I wonder how much they will end up selling them for.

Update:
What do you think though.....cute or creepy?

I'm probably the only one...but I think it's kinda creepy. :confused3
That said, I also really don't like those "real" looking baby dolls. They really creep me out! I guess I'm just really old-fashioned (even though I'm under 40!) and want dolls to look like dolls....toys to look like toys.

Cool experience, though, for your family!
And I think I'll be in the minority and this will probably be a big seller!

I'm probably the only one...but I think it's kinda creepy. :confused3
That said, I also really don't like those "real" looking baby dolls. They really creep me out! I guess I'm just really old-fashioned (even though I'm under 40!) and want dolls to look like dolls....toys to look like toys.

Cool experience, though, for your family!
And I think I'll be in the minority and this will probably be a big seller!

Nope, you're not the only one. My first thought was also "kinda creepy.' It certainly isn't something that I'd buy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter