UPDATE:Major Butterflies...I Got a JOB!! :)

apnep

Disneyworld Rocks
And I haven't worked full time in NINE years!!

My mind can't stop racing and I want to vomit over all the "what ifs."

How am I gonna do it with three kids and all their activities?? On the other hand, it would be really great when I think about the possibilities of being able to pay off the mortgage! Then again, I need to stop, and just get through this interview!!!

Just letting some of my anxieties out. :)

Just wanted to give you a :hug: and wish you good luck!

I have not worked in 6 1/2 years myself, since our second child was born.

This year he starts school full-time in Grade 1. I keep trying to convince myself that I *should* go back to work now (I know I should!), but the idea of just one year... with no kids for 6 1/2 hours is just so... alluring... seductive... :rotfl:

I SWEAR - next school year I will have a full-time job again! Like you said, the amount of money to go toward paying of debit will be wonderful!

But this school year... all my uncompleted and unstarted scrapbook albums are calling me! ;)

I know exactly how you feel (been there and done that);) I wish you all the best on your interview, and you are already successful because you are going for what you want plus doing what you feel is best for your family! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

I just wanted to wish you luck:thumbsup2. I am in the same boat as you. I just stared recently looking for a job and interviewing after being a SAHM for 9 years. I am so ready to go back to work, but don't know how I will be able to handle everything, the housework, all the after school activities, etc.

Hats off to all the working moms for juggling it all:thumbsup2

just wanted to wish you good luck!!!

I have major butterflies also I go back to work full time in 3 weeks after not working full time for 21 years:eek: My youngest is going into first grade and with the oldest in college and another one right behind her we need the money!!!

I gotta tell you, for those that don't know about her (I get NO money from saying this, and I rarely endorse things...) FlyLady is the BEST for being able to keep up with housework on a busy schedule.

www.flylady.net

I don't LOVE her site, but her information is GREAT. My house is now clean 24-7 without obsessing. It's wonderful.

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR INTERVIEW! I hopefully will have one soon myself!!!! :wizard:

I just got home from my interview. I spoke with the project manager who is hiring, and then another writer who is in the middle of it all who could tell me about the job. I hope I made a good impression, but I was so nervous. Toward the end I could NOT for the life of me thing of one particilar word and I felt like an idiot.

Over all though I think it went well. The hiring manager will be making a decision soon, and said there might be a second interview.

I am really stressing out over how DH and I will manage with both of us working. Honestly, I'm also worried about giving up my free time, working out, and just being here for the kids when they get home from school. I love that they KNOW I will be here when they get home.

I went out, tried the best I could to get this job. If I get an offer then I will take it as God's will that it's meant to be even though I'm scared to death! It would really feel awkward to work FT again, but this would be a good thing for us because we have learned to live off one salary all this time and it would mean a great savings opportunity for us.

Thank you all for your well wishes. Your support truly brought a tear to my eye.:flower3:

just wanted to wish you good luck!!!

I have major butterflies also I go back to work full time in 3 weeks after not working full time for 21 years:eek: My youngest is going into first grade and with the oldest in college and another one right behind her we need the money!!!

21 years! Wow. I'm sure you'll be great! I know, it's kind of nerve wrecking! But you can do it and do it fabulously! Good luck to you too! :hug:

you did well on the interview!!
And you will be surprised how things fall into place! IME, as long as you are willing to help someone else out, there is someone to help you.
I have always worked full-time (with 3 kids very close in age!) and we all survived just fine.
I think your mom skills will help you more than you realize, and you may be surprised at how helpful your kids (have to) will become.
Good luck! :wizard:

Good luck!!

I have been a SAHM for 9 years too and always thought I would go back when my youngest starts 1st grade (that's next week). I was starting to dread the idea and then we started talking about the tax implications and not being able to volunteer and be at home when the kids get home and we decided it wasn't worth it for me to go back to work.

Then DH found out that it is likely his company is closing in the next few months and I find myself looking for a job - and I am depressed b/c so many ads say RECENT experience. I know I can do just about any of the jobs I have looked at but am nervous about convincing someone else of that!!

and I am depressed b/c so many ads say RECENT experience. I know I can do just about any of the jobs I have looked at but am nervous about convincing someone else of that!!

I can so relate to this, it seems like in today's economy there are so many applicants for the same position that the SAHMs going back to work are at a greater disadvantage than at any other time.

Good luck ... and it is quite busy working and taking care of your household, but you can do it. Sending good thoughts!

I can so relate to this, it seems like in today's economy there are so many applicants for the same position that the SAHMs going back to work are at a greater disadvantage than at any other time.
That was another factor in our decision for me not to return now - that there are so many other people competing for jobs that since we were comfortable without me working it would be better for me to wait until the job pool was a little less saturated!!!

He has a promising interview next week and so I am hoping that works out and I don't have to worry about any of this - we are going to Disney next month and we have over 8 months of expenses saved so I plan to start looking in October with the hope he has something by then!!!

I so agree with this. I'm a SAHM also contemplating going back to work after many years at home except for a couple of short-lived very PT jobs. It's been about 17 years for me! :scared1: We're hangin' on, but some extra income would be helpful. Anyway, I have little confidence that I could land a job in the current economy. :sad2:

To the OP, crossing my fingers and toes for you that you get the job! :goodvibes

:hug:
I'm sure you did great on your interview-everyone is nervous on an interview.

I had two job interviews this week after being a SAHM for 7 years. I will not get either of the positions that I interviewed for which is actually for the best. The first office just gave me a bad vibe and the second office was looking for someone to eventually become the manager-I don't really want that responsibility. The company HR person is bound and determined to get me into the company, so I have another interview at yet another office next week. At least my interviewing skills will improve.

Good luck on your job hunt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter