Update: flight from cleveland $158 round trip 2/5 - 2/12

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by MARY-IN-OH, Nov 13, 2012.

1. MARY-IN-OH

MARY-IN-OH DIS Veteran

So I know the days of $159 round trip for airfare Cleveland -Orlando are a thing of the past, but the past couple of years I've been gettin about $210 to $240 round trip (trips in May and September).

Is $275 something I should grab and be grateful for (this trip is 2nd week of February - about the 9th-16th give or take a day or two - I'm flexible).

Not really asking for anyone to tell me what do, Kind of just hoping to get a feel for if that is about "par" for that time of year. It is only about $30-40 more than what I've paid on other recent trips, but I just keep hoping for that $212 again! (not gonna happen, huh?)

Sure wish the Southwest Cle to MCO non-stop would come back!! It's been gone a few years, and I sure do miss those fares and free bag.

thanks
    mary

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. webworm

webworm DIS Veteran

You may want to check Allegiant from Youngstown or Toldeo maybe. Also southwest from Pittsburgh or Columbus.

4. Pembo

Pembo OH-IO

$275 round trip is good! I have found that Airtran out of Akron sometimes has great prices and non-stops. I too miss daily nonstops on SW out of Cleveland.

5. Shelly F - Ohio

Shelly F - Ohio Disney Extraordinaire

Hi Mary,

Some thing else to think about is that flying on Tue. Wed and some times Thurs are cheaper. Also another tid bit of info is that I have been able to snag good flight prices into Tampa. Last month I paid $109 each way into TPA.

TPA to Disney is a one hour and 20 minute ride.
    MCO to Disney is a 35 minute ride. So TPA is only any extra 40 minute ride to Disney but can save you some $$$$. The drive from TPA is EASY!!!!! Just take l-4 and you are there.

6. MARY-IN-OH

MARY-IN-OH DIS Veteran

thanks for your comments, everyone!

I guess I'll be ok paying the $275. I'm only about 5-10 minute drive from Cleveland Hopkins, so it's tough to fly out of anywhere else, also I don't rent a car and this next trip will (probably/hopefully) be my first solo trip! Since I'm only paying for me, maybe I'll just book at 275 and leave it at that!

thanks again!
    mary

7. Shelly F - Ohio

Mary Take me with you!!!

8. MARY-IN-OH

MARY-IN-OH DIS Veteran

awww! sure I will Shelly!! :goodvibes

9. Shelly F - Ohio

I would much rather be packing bags for Disney than cleaning house for Thanksgiving on this chilly chilly day!

10. MARY-IN-OH

MARY-IN-OH DIS Veteran

Never say Never!! (not dates that work for me, but...) there is a $169 ROUND TRIP CLE TO MCO flight Tuesday 2/5 to Tuesday 2/12!!!!!!

amazing!

11. MARY-IN-OH

MARY-IN-OH DIS Veteran

WAIT!! It just CHANGED!! TO $158!!

12. Shelly F - Ohio

13. MARY-IN-OH

MARY-IN-OH DIS Veteran

I took it! I changed my DVC reservation and grabbed the flights! the final cost is $157.60!! - -Although, now my husband said he wants to come with me LOL

14. Shelly F - Ohio

:( guess I can't come along then.

What a great price aren't you glad you waited?

15. MARY-IN-OH

MARY-IN-OH DIS Veteran

awww. and yeah I'm really excited now!

16. Shelly F - Ohio

What a way to start the weekend!!! On a Disney HIGH

17. kates66

kates66 Earning My Ears

What airline are those....the best I am seeing out if Cleveland is 330? We are going in April. Maybe I am looking too early?

18. MARY-IN-OH

MARY-IN-OH DIS Veteran

United Airlines. But it was the afternoon flight (arriving about 6pm) Tues to Tues. February 5-12. the morning flight for the same day was about $340! I just kept checking once or twice a day for the past few weeks, and also changed my trip from Friday for a week to Tuesday for a week.

You might want to wait until the holidays are over to get a better deal.

Good luck! And welcome to the Disboards too! Love it here, except it's a litle addicting, but you will be so "in the know" LOL!!
    mary