Update: Disney Reservation Systems Outage Reminder

WDWKOOK

NOW WITH LESS TAG!
Update 12/14/10: Last scheduled outage today:

The Disney reservation systems will be down December 14 - December 15. Each time the outage will start at 6:00 pm and last through early afternoon the next day.

Disney reservation systems plans outage

by Leah Zanolla
Oct 1, 2010

Disney has announced that their reservation systems will be down for maintenance next week. The enhancement will be taking place from October 12 at 4 pm EST through the morning of October 14.

Room-only and vacation-package reservations will not be able to be processed for the Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Aulani, the newest Disney Vacation Club resort, Disney's Vero Beach Resort, and Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort by phone or online. This will affect making new reservations, making modifications to existing reservations, checking confirmations and taking payments.

Also affected will be the ability to use online check-in and to make reservations for dining, dinner shows, tours, recreation Cirque du Soleil and children's activity centers.

If you need to make a payment or a modification to an existing reservation, please attempt to do so before October 12, otherwise you will have to wait until after October 14.

Did anyone else make any dining resi's before the outage to only have the dissapear after??? It said to call the number to speak to a person, but shouldnt the system just work?? Am I going to have to make new resi's or will they be able to pull the old ones up and recreate them?

Did anyone else make any dining resi's before the outage to only have the dissapear after??? It said to call the number to speak to a person, but shouldnt the system just work?? Am I going to have to make new resi's or will they be able to pull the old ones up and recreate them?
Thanks for posting apehat02. I was curious so I went to:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/myVacation/?bhcp=1

And clicked-on the "My Reservations" tab and it gave me this message:

We are unable to retrieve dining reservations at this time. Please try again later.

I'm going to check the Restaurant/Dining forum and see what I can find out.

Just a reminder: Planned outage today starting at 1700 through tomorrow.

When the reservation system is down from December 14 - 15 how will that effect our Key To The World Card and etc while we are at the Boardwalk Inn? I should mention we are checking in there on December 9, so do we have anything to worry about?

When the reservation system is down from December 14 - 15 how will that effect our Key To The World Card and etc while we are at the Boardwalk Inn? I should mention we are checking in there on December 9, so do we have anything to worry about?
I checked earlier today and the dining reservation engine was actually functioning, albeit in a "Beta" mode. I could not, however, pull-up reservations.

I am going to assume that the resort's central reservation system will function.

Maybe you could post this question to the Resorts forum and see if any guests either now or in October had any KTTW/check-in/check-out issues related to the outage.

I checked earlier today and the dining reservation engine was actually functioning, albeit in a "Beta" mode. I could not, however, pull-up reservations.

I am going to assume that the resort's central reservation system will function.

Maybe you could post this question to the Resorts forum and see if any guests either now or in October had any KTTW/check-in/check-out issues related to the outage.
I decided to take your advice and I posted that question on the Resorts forum.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=38982695#post38982695

Hey there; I have a room only reservation and a Candlelight Processional ressie for Dec 10. For weeks, when I try to access the "Dining Reservations" page on WDW's website, I see this:

We are unable to retrieve dining reservations at this time. Please try again later.

When I try to pull up my ressie by number, I see a crazy code that starte with "EO...."

Anyhoo, I called Disney a couple of days ago, they looked up the ressie and said everything was fine. I see lots of posts here that people can see their reservations..... where? I can't seem to do this. I thought the "update" was over a couple of days ago. Anyone know what's going on?

Hey there; I have a room only reservation and a Candlelight Processional ressie for Dec 10. For weeks, when I try to access the "Dining Reservations" page on WDW's website, I see this:

When I try to pull up my ressie by number, I see a crazy code that starte with "EO...."

Anyhoo, I called Disney a couple of days ago, they looked up the ressie and said everything was fine. I see lots of posts here that people can see their reservations..... where? I can't seem to do this. I thought the "update" was over a couple of days ago. Anyone know what's going on?
Have you posted to/looked at the "Where are my ADRs?" thread yet?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2576272

It's been active since October. We've all been in the same boat as you at some point. The system has been very erratic and unpredictable lately and requires much patience on the part of guests. Sometimes the ADRs show up, sometimes they don't. The site is up, then it's down, with no relation necessarily to the system outage. The only common thread amongst us seems to be that if you call, they are able to "find" your ADRs.

Good luck, Steve.

Reminder! Outage starting tomorrow, 11-30.
Do you find to be weird that on the same day their reservations page goes offline for more updates that we got an e-mail from Disney Destinations telling us that it's almost time for our stay at the Boardwalk Inn and the fact we could start the online check-in process. Now correct me if I am wrong how could we get any e-mail from Disney Destinations when the reservation system is down or do online check-in, because isn't that not supposed to work during that time?

Do you find to be weird that on the same day their reservations page goes offline for more updates that we got an e-mail from Disney Destinations telling us that it's almost time for our stay at the Boardwalk Inn and the fact we could start the online check-in process. Now correct me if I am wrong how could we get any e-mail from Disney Destinations when the reservation system is down or do online check-in, because isn't that not supposed to work during that time?
Was it after 5:00 PM yesterday that you received the email? It went offline then, but I noticed that at least ADR and resort reservations were up and running again early today.

Maybe a different system generates the DD emails? Did you actually try to do online check-in? Because even though the email was sent to you, it doesn't mean that you could have actually checked-in online during the outage.

And, despite all these outages and one more to go, I haven't detected any improvements, at least in the online resort booking or ADR booking, have you?

Was it after 5:00 PM yesterday that you received the email? It went offline then, but I noticed that at least ADR and resort reservations were up and running again early today.

Maybe a different system generates the DD emails? Did you actually try to do online check-in? Because even though the email was sent to you, it doesn't mean that you could have actually checked-in online during the outage.

And, despite all these outages and one more to go, I haven't detected any improvements, at least in the online resort booking or ADR booking, have you?
Yes it was after 5:00 PM when we got the e-mail, however we didn't try the online check-in since we are staying Club Level. As for any changes with their webstie reservations I haven't noticed anything eiter and this past August when a Cast Member was telling me what would be new, I don't see it. Although maybe we will see all this after the last update in a few weeks.

Yes it was after 5:00 PM when we got the e-mail, however we didn't try the online check-in since we are staying Club Level. As for any changes with their webstie reservations I haven't noticed anything eiter and this past August when a Cast Member was telling me what would be new, I don't see it. Although maybe we will see all this after the last update in a few weeks.
That's what I thought I remember you posting in the past, so I'm going to assume you wouldn't have actually been able to do online check-in during the outage when you received the DD email.

I thought I read a CM's post that "big" changes would occur, so it must be after the last update in a couple of weeks. Let us know if you experience any "anomalies" when you're there during the last outage.

That's what I thought I remember you posting in the past, so I'm going to assume you wouldn't have actually been able to do online check-in during the outage when you received the DD email.

I thought I read a CM's post that "big" changes would occur, so it must be after the last update in a couple of weeks. Let us know if you experience any "anomalies" when you're there during the last outage.
Well hopefully there won't be anything to report on during the next outage which means nothing went wrong, however if there is something to say I will do that when I write my trip report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter