Update And Holiday message NEW UPDATE APRIL 25th post 11

mommasita

DIS VETERAN
Hello Everyone:

I have not updated in a long time, and had a few requests. I honestly have not updated, as there was nothing much to tell.:) However, I had an MRI done this past week, and am having a follow up tomorrow morning, as there was some doubt. The Dr. does not want to wait until after the holidays, and yes, that makes me a tad nervous, but I have come to terms with it. What will be, will be. There is an area in question, and there is some fluid build up, which looks like ANOTHER CSF leak. I was preparing (mentally) to return to work after the holidays, and now I just don't know.

I wanted to wish you all HAPPY HOLIDAYS. I certainly will be enjoying mine with family, and friends. I know this forum is a helpful place to many. Each and EVERY one of you contribute so much. I would like to thank you all, and hope that you continue to post, even to inspire or say a kind word to others. I wish that no one had any reason to come here, but we do live in the real world, not a perfect world.:hug:

Having said that. Be happy, be safe. I wish nothing but health, love, and happiness for each and every one of you. :grouphug::flower3:

Prayers for healing and a good report for you Mommasita

I pray your testing would go well

Happy Holidays to you and your family

I know you have come through alot and have alot of strength and determination to take on whatever challenge comes your way.

Hang in there! Blessings always.

Saying prayers for a good report and continued healing.

May you have a wonderful holiday with your family and blessings for the New Year. :goodvibes

Thank You everyone. I hope your holidays were merry.

I had my MRI done privately, to speed up things. Especially during the holiday period.

I saw my Neurosurgeon, and there is a build up inside, and he is hoping that it can gradually go away on it's own. However, there is a cyst, a pineal one, which they knew about, but it has grown. This will be a watch and see operation.

I am now on some more helpful pain meds, as I knew the headaches were getting worse.

Continued prayers and good thoughts to you in 2011. Hugs! :hug:

Sorry it was not better news but I do hope the new pain meds give some relief from the headaches which must be terrible.
I hope the fluid build up reduces without any need for further intervention.

Sending you a BIG Koala cuddle:hug:

Quasar

mommasita, wishing you and your family a blessed and Happy New Year as well, even though we are already in full swing into the new year~

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers :hug:

Well, it has been another while. A lot of ups and down all over the place.

As for me. The leak healed. I was told for a long time that the probability of having MS was huge, however I thought that over the time, and no LESIONS per se in the Brain MRI, had ruled that out. My lates appt with my Rheumy went in another total direction that what I had thought. He basically said that he was 99% sure I had it, and this Spinal MRI (may 4th) will be telling. I have other indicators. I had 3 Lumbar Punctures 2 weeks ago, basically one, but they missed twice, and the headache the next day :O. Thankfully I passed it, and only need another in 2 weeks. I just hate them, hate them.

Work wanted me to start a back to work rehab program, and my Dr is totally against it. He says that my body is 100% deconditioned :guilty:. That was a hard word to hear, to be honest. Something is attacking my muscles, my weight, and they can not find it. I said to him, didn't we do all tests, and he said no. I think I will have to put you in for a week, and we will start from the bottom up. EVERYwhere will be tested to find why I am continuing to lose weight. At one point in my life, I would have been so overjoyed at the thought, and now I am just nervous about it. I am almost at 75 pds that I lost without trying, and the scale continues to go down. Now i was very overweight, and now I am certainly not. Dr, says I can afford 5 more pds now, not more. He would like to just stop right here.

So, here we sit. Me being very antsy to go back to work. I LOVE my job, it is flexible, 3 days per week, and I just miss the adult interaction. I love my children, my family, but I feel underappreciated at home. I feel like only a maid, cook, etc, and I just want/need to feel more than that.

We are taking a pause for the results of the MRI coming up, and then we will see where we go. Over 2 years now, and it was easier than it is now.

So I have Sjrogens Syndrome, Fibro, Pernicious Anemia, Chiari-which never is completely healed, and now told I have Joint hypermobility Syndrome after I had popped out my shoulder, and no idea why. As well as Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. Those are the definites. What is suspected is MS and RA.

To me that is a long list, so I deal with one at a time.

Thankfully my Daughters tests came back with no issue, so that is huge for me.

Thank God for insurance through work which is covering my salary, and holding my unionized position. But, by July 28th we need to have a decision made for permanent disability. That date is really coming fast, and I never thought that would even come close. I was sure I would have started rehab if nothing else. DH would love to be be on Perm Dis, but I am not so sure. My Rheumy told me that would be the best, with the multiple issues, he admires my courage, but does not foresee it being a possibility.

So, I sit and wait. I wanted to update you all, my friends, and thank you:)

I don't know what to say and as my family will tell you that doesn't happen very often.

You know that sometimes we may not feel appreciated but that doesn't mean that we aren't.
On this board you bring great comfort and understanding to people that reach out during difficult times in their lives and you are very much appreciated here.:hug:
I am sure it is the same at home it's just that sometimes families forget to tell mum how wonderful she is.:hug:

I am sending you a healing cuddle as you face all these health challenges. I am so sorry:hug:

We are here anytime you feel like a 'chat'.

Quasar

Sending a big hug :hug: and keeping you in my prayers mommasita

You are so right to deal with everything one at a time. It sometimes can seem so overwhelming. Know that you have friends who are praying for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter