UPDATE: 2009 are out - New Ports for select itineraries - CC OBC Offer

My guess is that it's part of the "secrecy." They might be trying to prevent people from posting to online forums about itinerary plans days before they release the dates to the public. Why, I have no idea. I would think giving people a couple of days to decide what they want to book before they start taking bookings would actually speed things up on the phones for them.

Can you imagine what its going to be like when the bookings open up for FOUR ships at once!!!!! :scared:

Can you imagine what its going to be like when the bookings open up for FOUR ships at once!!!!! :scared:

Another guess... but I'm guessing they might start opening bookings for the different ships on different days. Bookings for the Magic on December 2nd, for new ship #1 on December 5th, and new ship #2 on December 8th. Something like that. But again, this would only really work if they would start to announce ahead of time where the ships will be going. One to Southern Caribbean, one to Alaska, one for the Mediterranean. Pick your ship, call the appropriate day.

But maybe they just like the confusion and non-stop calls on days like this. :scared: I can't imagine it's a fun day for DCL reservation agents.

Can I say I HATE how DCL releases new dates. They should give us a few days at the very least, to absorb the itinerays before making us book them.

HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT

I am definitely part of the disappointed crowd, but that somehow didn't stop me from booking! I was looking for something big for summer 2009 and still am - I guess it just won't be on DCL. However, as I was looking, I noticed that Christmas '09 is on Friday, so the New Years Magic sailing on 12/26 fit our schedule perfectly. DH does not like to miss Christmas morning at home and the kids can't miss school. I called this morning and was able to get connecting SPH's, so I decided to go for it. That said, I have to admit the price made me gasp! :eek: The rational side of me may decide that the price tag is just too ridiculous between now and then, but for now I'm happy at the idea of spending New Years on the Magic.

We are excited that Thanksgiving 2009 is an Eastern!! It will be our 4th Thanksgiving on the Magic...all have been Westerns. Join us...there is already a cruise meet thread for the 2009 Turkeys!!!

Lisa

I'll head over and check it out!

I think inventory control is just getting around to calling everyone. I, too, have multiple faxes in for 2009 and didn't get a call, yet.

So I, too, went ahead and made a booking then if inventory control does call I can switch the rooms.

Of course, this is exactly the thing we hoped DCL would NOT be doing - having inventory control call people after the bookings open.

When I called and made the reservation, I asked and she did say that my name wasn't in "the list" but went ahead and waitlisted us for a suite. But i won't hold my breath, by the time any became available the prices will be so high that it'll be hard to justify. The premium already for the Thanksgiving week was huge, let alone trying to get a suite.

We'll have a blast anyhow, hubby is actually excited - Very excited and we'll tell the kids at Christmas!

When I called and made the reservation, I asked and she did say that my name wasn't in "the list" but went ahead and waitlisted us for a suite. But i won't hold my breath, by the time any became available the prices will be so high that it'll be hard to justify. The premium already for the Thanksgiving week was huge, let alone trying to get a suite.

We'll have a blast anyhow, hubby is actually excited - Very excited and we'll tell the kids at Christmas!

I called this morning and we weren't "on the list" either. I asked what about the fax AND confirmation postcard I was holding in my hand and the formerly nice CM kind of got snippy. I wonder how many years DCL is going to let their Phone CM's take a beating before figuring out a better way.

Yikes I'm a little disappointed we were really hoping for Alaska and now our sad also the prices for a family of four our alot more expensive than last year I just got a quote for my family of 4 for my dd's 15th Birthday and it came to $6,847.60 for a category 8 Western and thats just expensive when you factor in $700 per a person for airfair ($2,400) then excursions (about $500) then a 4night stay at WDW since we live so far away and for us we have to have the WDW portion and the DDP ($4,000) a night stay after the cruise so we have time to relax after getting off the boat ($150) food at ports and before after cruise ($300) and tips ($200) which comes to a total of $14,397.60 which is to much for us so were going to be Disney traitor and go with RCCL

I am a little bumbed out that they will not be doing anything longer than 7 days, so I have to settle for the 2/28 sailing to St. Croix. Oh Well.

I am a little bummed, I was hoping for a 10 day Southern. The 09 itineraries don't interest our family, so we'll do probably do Beaches or maybe Royal Carribbean, or both if we can get a good deal!

We're looking at Beaches too for 2009... I was so hoping there'd be something that looked good. Now it looks like our 'phantom' date in Dec 08 will be a real date and 2009 will be a Disneyless year.

Can I say I HATE how DCL releases new dates. They should give us a few days at the very least, to absorb the itinerays before making us book them.

HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT

Absolutely. I missed today actually - one crisis after another - and so missed the release. Thank heavens I didn't miss anything!!

That said there was the briefest moment of panic...

I'm trying to figure out how it hurts them to announce with enough notice that we can think about it before calling in a panic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter