UPDATE 10/20 *Everybody's Got a Laughing Place* BWV/MNSSHP/Lunch with an Imagineer!

I think all WDW breakfast is about the same, your basic run of the mill stuff, not bad, but not great. I'd love a super yummy breakfast to start my day at WDW, I just haven't found it!

Can't wait to hear about MNSSHP!

Chapter 7: Trick or Treating at MK

So last year, Adam and I went to MNSSHP for the first time. He was a Roman warrior and I was Snow White. While we had a great time, I had some issues with small children thinking I was the real Snow White...heck, even parents and a few cast members thought I was the real Snow White.

LoriAdam16.jpg

snowhite1.jpg

As you can see, I was somewhat convincing, so this year I was going to dress a lot less Disney. I was going as a 60's/70's style person and Adam was going as a chef.

After we were done swimming in the pool, we headed back to the room to start getting ready for the party. We hopped the bus at 4pm from BWV. We were the only people on the bus that were dressed up. Did we get some looks? Yes :goodvibes As the bus pulled up to MK, we still didn't see many people dressed up. This freaked Adam out. I kept saying, "It's only 4:30, the party doesn't actually start until 7pm.

Even though we walked in at 4:30, here are some pictures that I took of the entrance on the way out...it'll set the mood better.

DSC02124.jpg

DSC02125.jpg

We got our trick or treat bags and then we were off! Despite the fact that there were still people there who weren't party go-ers, it was still fairly low crowds. The first ride we hopped on was Pirates...Adam's favorite MK ride. Then we headed to Adam's second favorite ride, the People Mover, or TTA :) We will usually ride this 2-3 times around before getting off.

DSC01932.jpg

DSC01940.jpg

And on our way past Space Mountain, I was in for a treat...it was broke down! I was FINALLY going to get to see it with the lights on. Here are a few of the pics I took while riding on the TTA:

DSC01944-1.jpg

DSC01935.jpg

After we got off TTA, we headed over to see if Space Mountain was open yet, but it wasn't. So we decided to hit up Buzz Lightyear. Adam got the broken gun that ride. Honestly, it seems like every car has a broken gun. Usually I get it. This time, Adam did :thumbsup2 I beat Adam for the first time. In your face Adam!

We stopped and got a photopass done at Cinderella's Carriage.

Photopass5.jpg

Space Mt was open we were done, so that was next on our list. Rode it twice in a row. After going through the Trick or Treat lines and getting in one ride on Dumbo, it was time for dinner at LTT. We had a 7:05pm reservation. We sat down on the bench to wait for our table and we watched all the little kids dressed up that were running around. One little boy was dressed as a knight of sorts. He had the mesh "chainmail" head covering on. He was there with his father who was sitting on a bench nearby, reading a newspaper.

The little boy says to me, "What are you supposed to be?" and I said, "What do you mean? This is just how I dress. You've never seen anyone in white go-go boots. And who are you? Are you from Monty Python??"

"Noooo. I'm a knight." We chatted with the boy for a bit and he kept trying to stab Adam with his sword. Then our buzzer went off and we were seated.

Let me say, I don't like character meals much. Reason being, I don't have children and I want to be able to enjoy my meal. The one exception to this is Crystal Palace because I love Eeyore. We also didn't take any pics of the food because it's a family style meal. But here is our review from our dining report:

Liberty Tree Tavern - Dinner

If you've been to the Magic Kingdom, then you have probably eaten here :) That's the reason we didn't take any pictures of food. And we don't really need to tell you what is served there. What I can tell you is that the food was decent and the characters were humorous. Service was fine. It was the night of MNSSHP so we just wanted to get in and out.
Price - $28.99 per person

Decor - 6/10
Food - 5/10
Service - 6/10

Despite the fact that I don't like character meals, I was a little miffed that Minnie never even came near our table. She walked by twice and didn't stop :( And we only got pics with one of the characters, Pluto.

DSC01945.jpg

DSC01946.jpg

Chip, Dale and Goofy did stop and talk to us. And the one thing I do love about characters is that I talk to them like they are adults. Let me preface this by saying that there was a group of 4 young adults sitting at a table in the next room. One guy was dressed like a superhero. He was wearing a blue spandex outfit with white glove and boots and there was a big A on his chest. I told Adam that the guy looked like one of the superheroes off the Saturday Night Live cartoon "The Ambiguously Gay Duo". So when Chip wanders over to the table, I ask "him", "Do you watch SNL, Chip?" He nodded yes. And I said, "Doesn't that guy in the next room look like Ace and Gary from Ambiguously Gay Duo??" Chip lost it. We could hear the person in the costume trying to not laugh.

When we left dinner the parade still had not started (we don't watch parades) so we were able to get across the parade route to the other rides. We were able to ride pretty well every ride in Fantasyland with no wait. And then we did Haunted Mansion twice.

Photopass6.jpg

The only thing we hadn't rode was Splash Mountain, so we walked on to that. And as the boat first goes outside the mountain on the ride, Hallowishes started. It was very neat to get to watch them while on the ride. They were going off as we went down the final drop. And since no one was waiting, we just stayed on and rode again to see the last of the fireworks. Very neat.

DSC02129.jpg

DSC02133.jpg

We did a little more trick or treating and them hit Pirates and Space Mountain one more time before we decided to head out. We'd done every ride pretty well twice so it was a good night.

Halloween2.jpg

Halloween.jpg

We took the bus back to BWV and ate a bit of our candy haul before turning in for the night.

Next: All day Epcot Day

Love your pics. Great shot of the inside of Space Mountain with the lights on. The first time I rode it, the lights were on before we got in our train.

I didn't realize the photopass pic in front of HM they would add a ghost. I wanted to get our pic done and my DH rushed on by. Gives me another reason to go next year.

Looking forward to more!:thumbsup2

I didn't realize the photopass pic in front of HM they would add a ghost. I wanted to get our pic done and my DH rushed on by. Gives me another reason to go next year.

We missed this last year at MNSSHP because they didn't have a photopass photographer stationed there yet. So this year, I was on a mission to get it taken. We almost didn't get it because when he tried to put in on our card, the scanner went haywire. Luckily, it still went through. It looks neat.

Love the MNSSHP pics!! We missed it this year, but we will actually be going down there next week for the MVMCP!!

Awesome TR so far!:thumbsup2 Glad I am jumping aboard early!

I adore your costumes *both* years! And yes, you do look like a convincing Snow White!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter