Update: 1 GB SD Memory card for Digital Cameras. $20.64 after rebate

manticore

Mouseketeer
Disclaimer.
This is most likely a price mistake and they may or may not honor it.

I know a few people on here have been looking for these so here it goes.
For those of you looking for a high capacity card for an upcoming trip, follow this link to ECost for a Viking 1GB SD card, it fits most Kodak and many other digital cameras. I ordered one this morning, came to $35.64 with FedEx overnite (save $2.00 and go with 2nd day air). There is also a $15 rebate brining the total to $20.64. You have a better chance of getting the item on a price mistake if you spend the money for the overnight shipping that way the order gets fulfilled early. If you add something cheap and get cart to over $25 your basic shipping is free and you need only to pay the $3.95 handling charge. That would make your total $10.65 for the card after rebate. Please don't get mad at me if they cancel. This a really good deal if it goes through if not, no harm no foul.

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=599827

Good luck!! :wave:

BTW credit for deal goes to www.techbargains.com

UPDATE: Just got snail mail letter from ECost with apologies and a coupon for mail in rebate of $25 off $50 on any purchase. Better than nothing.

I just checked the site and now the price is $6.70. :earseek: It says price $21.70 - $15.00 in rebates for a total cost of $6.70.

I never tried Viking memory cards, only Sony Memory Sticks or SanDisk Compact Flash Cards. Let us know if you get this and how it works.

Thank You!

Let's hope this does work! We just bought a new Kodak digital camera. We bought a 1G for $85. A second one would be great to have, but not a necessity.

Kristi

Does anyone know if this is a high speed card, to use with movies on a digital camera?

Jackie

How many pictures would that size card hold on a Kodak camera? I've needed a larger card....would this fit? I have a Kodak DX4330

piglet33 said:
I just checked the site and now the price is $6.70. :earseek: It says price $21.70 - $15.00 in rebates for a total cost of $6.70.

I never tried Viking memory cards, only Sony Memory Sticks or SanDisk Compact Flash Cards. Let us know if you get this and how it works.

The price is the same, the price I quoted was after shipping ($9.99) and handling ($3.95), which totals $20.64. If you add a few more $$ then you can get free shipping but you may not get the order out fast enough before they catch on.

I doubt this is a high speed card most likely an 8X card.

BTW Ecost regular price for this card is $92.82 according to Pricegrabber.

Now when I click on that link the price is $62. Shoot wish I'd ordered when you first posted it. Early bird catches the worm.

We'll see....I did order it, but will be anxious to see when I get it. The site said "call for availability" which their site says means:
"This product is not currently available for shipment from any of our warehouse locations. Please contact one of our account managers for an estimated arrival date. "

I paid the 7.99 fedx shipping though. As long as I get it by October for our Disney trip I'll be fine!

Manticore, what did the availablity say when you ordered??

EDITED TO ADD: WOW...looks like I got in just in time!! I printed my receipt which says the 21.70 price!!!!!!!

sweet maxine said:
I just called, and it is definitely a misprint.

The rule of thumb on possible misprints is, Don't Call!!! If you don't want to take the chance then don't order. By calling you only put other people's orders in jeopardy. :confused3

I am not worried I really don't need the card so if i get it fine but if not no problem. :cool1:

SeaShelley said:
We'll see....I did order it, but will be anxious to see when I get it. The site said "call for availability" which their site says means:
"This product is not currently available for shipment from any of our warehouse locations. Please contact one of our account managers for an estimated arrival date. "

I paid the 7.99 fedx shipping though. As long as I get it by October for our Disney trip I'll be fine!

Manticore, what did the availablity say when you ordered??

EDITED TO ADD: WOW...looks like I got in just in time!! I printed my receipt which says the 21.70 price!!!!!!!

That is what happens when someone calls or they notice a huge quantity of orders on a particular item. Especially if you get somebody who orders 100s of them to sell on ebay. Then the people take over to fix the mistake in the automated ordering system. Don't blame anyone, not everyone is savvy to how this stuff works. This deal has actually been on since last night.

SeaShelly
I hate to tell you but chances are they will most likely not honor your order if it said "call for availabilty". I know from experience, I have been through this many times before. Sometimes you win sometime you lose.

I had just printed my receipt which has my cards at the initial price. Hopefully I'll get my 2.

my3kids said:
I had just printed my receipt which has my cards at the initial price. Hopefully I'll get my 2.

That is a good idea often you can dispute it with your CC company.

my3kids said:

I printed mine too...also got a confirmation e-mail with the $21 price. I would think they have to honor it if I have it in writing in two places. Wish now I had ordered more than one to give to my family. Oh well!

The saga continues.....

Manticore, if nothing else, I appreciate learning about the techbargins site. Didn't know it existed! Thanks for all your help with this!

SeaShelley said:
I printed mine too...also got a confirmation e-mail with the $21 price. I would think they have to honor it if I have it in writing in two places. Wish now I had ordered more than one to give to my family. Oh well!

The saga continues.....

Manticore, if nothing else, I appreciate learning about the techbargins site. Didn't know it existed! Thanks for all your help with this!

I have seen this many times. Some sites cancel and offer coupons, others do nothing, some ship quantity on hand. We'll see how they handle things my guess is the majority will be cancelled. The orders made overnite are mostly automated and go to warehouse and shipping before they catch on. So if you order and have overnite shipping they prioritize those orders and they have a better chance of slipping through before the error is caught. This happens with Dell and Amazon all the time.

SeaShelley, your welcome and you might want to check out www.fatwallet.com and their "Hot Deals" forum, many of the same deals get posted there first then go to techbargains.

After buying one of these (1GB SD) before my last trip, and halfway through the trip finding that the card could not access beyond the first (about 256 mb but I am not certain exactly where it stopped). My camera then told me the card was the wrong format and wanted me to reformat. I had a similar problem with the 512 mb card, I had in my MP3 player on the same trip. It could not access over half the card. I will never again by such a large card (and not an SD).

I didn't reformat when it told me the format was wrong, as I still had hopes of recovering my photos.
Instead, I paid the very very very high price to get a new card inside WDW.
When I got home, I was able to recover my photos, using one of those card reader things, rather then my camera.

I did send SD some email. I got a response that told me to format the card again (not too helpful).
I no longer have the confidence in the card to risk using it in my camera.

- Eileen

eileenfk said:
After buying one of these (1GB SD) before my last trip, and halfway through the trip finding that the card could not access beyond the first (about 256 mb but I am not certain exactly where it stopped). My camera then told me the card was the wrong format and wanted me to reformat. I had a similar problem with the 512 mb card, I had in my MP3 player on the same trip. It could not access over half the card. I will never again by such a large card (and not an SD).

I didn't reformat when it told me the format was wrong, as I still had hopes of recovering my photos.
Instead, I paid the very very very high price to get a new card inside WDW.
When I got home, I was able to recover my photos, using one of those card reader things, rather then my camera.

I did send SD some email. I got a response that told me to format the card again (not too helpful).
I no longer have the confidence in the card to risk using it in my camera.

- Eileen

This is a common problem with all memory cards even small ones. Though you have much more to lose with a full 1GB card. It is better to buy a very reliable card such as Sandisk Ultra II series. But those cards run around $80 vs $20 for this one (if it goes through). That is why I use an X-drive to clear my cards each nite, to ensure I don't lose any pictures. BTW I use the Ultra II card most of the time, this card would be a backup for my DW's camera.

Manticore, (assuming they send the card at all) will they send me a rebate form with the card or is that something I have to get from the website?

I ordered mine too and printed out all the confirmation pages as well as the email showing the price. I also printed out the rebate form right on their website. It downloaded with adobe acrobat. Hope it works!!

NAN4 said:
I ordered mine too and printed out all the confirmation pages as well as the email showing the price. I also printed out the rebate form right on their website. It downloaded with adobe acrobat. Hope it works!!

thanks for the info!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter