UPDATE 1/20!! Bickering, Barfing, and Bug Bites

Pretty much! I tried to get him to buy those socks they sell in the Japan Pavilion that are made for wearing with clogs (the big toe is separated from the others) and he just kind of looked at me and walked back to the anime section.

:lmao: To be honest, I would've given you the same look :)

I'm In ! Another Ct neighbor here. Can't wait to read more Had we not had to cancel our trip for November, we were going to fly out of White Plains for the first time too. I had heard it was small but had no idea it was that small. One thing I noticed when Jet Blues schedule came out for Bradley, it only had 2 flights per day where as White Plains had four so when we finally end up going chances are we will head to White Plains, before we flew out of JFK which is just too big for my likeing.
I never forgot to pack socks or underware but that is because I always buy new for the trip,so they go straight from the store into the suitcase.

:lmao: To be honest, I would've given you the same look :)

Me too!!!!!!!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

:rotfl: I like toe socks, but they have to all be separated, not just one! :lmao:

Me three! :rotfl2:

Just remind him that you did suggest pullling in to Walmart or Target really quickly. If he's anything like my DH, I recommend that you do so from.....

Hawaii!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
It wasn't a SERIOUS suggestion, but it was funny to see the look on his face!

I'm In ! Another Ct neighbor here. Can't wait to read more Had we not had to cancel our trip for November, we were going to fly out of White Plains for the first time too. I had heard it was small but had no idea it was that small. One thing I noticed when Jet Blues schedule came out for Bradley, it only had 2 flights per day where as White Plains had four so when we finally end up going chances are we will head to White Plains, before we flew out of JFK which is just too big for my likeing.
I never forgot to pack socks or underware but that is because I always buy new for the trip,so they go straight from the store into the suitcase.

Where in CT are you? We're in Naugatuck! :wave:

Buying new is a good idea....I might do that for next year.
I definitely don't like the giant airports....JKF, LaGuardia...and we had a layover once in Atlanta which is also huge. I like Bradley because it's not THAT big, but Westchester was just too small.

Sooo...I was all prepared to do my next installment...and I left my TR notebook home! It will be up tonight!

OMG he LOVES Sixlets! Didn't get any of those either, though!

Isn't it weird that the candy was so different, only a few nights apart? I was there Friday, you were there...Tuesday? I was at the party on that Thursday, too, but didn't really trick or treat...makes me wonder if they saved better candy for the weekend, maybe?

Don't tell Lumar -- we don't want to make him jealous -- but I got six packets of Sixlets. They were my favorite when I was little, but now I just like them out of nostalgia (to my adult tastebuds, they actually taste kinda gross).

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
It wasn't a SERIOUS suggestion, but it was funny to see the look on his face!

Where in CT are you? We're in Naugatuck! :wave:Buying new is a good idea....I might do that for next year.
I definitely don't like the giant airports....JKF, LaGuardia...and we had a layover once in Atlanta which is also huge. I like Bradley because it's not THAT big, but Westchester was just too small.

Sooo...I was all prepared to do my next installment...and I left my TR notebook home! It will be up tonight!

We use to live in Naugatuck but now in Waterbury ......... really is a small world

First, I forgot to mention something in my last post.

When we left CSR to go to DTD, we forgot to make note of our bus stop number. I knew (from practically memorizing Kathy’s CSR thread) that the Ranchos was Stop 3.
So we get off at Stop 3 and start walking….and walking….and walking. We finally get to our building, and see Stop 4 is right there. So clearly, we used 4 to get to DTD.

Next, I want to apologize for the size of my pictures. I sat on my computer at home yesterday for 20 minutes and the internet refused to load, so I got mad and shut it off then went to bed. So I’m at work and I have to have Photobucket open on my phone because the work computer blocks it. But on the phone, you can’t resize the pics. I had to copy all of the URLs into an email on my phone, then email them to myself so I could paste them into the TR which I was writing in Word. It’s a mess, and I promise I will resize them ASAP.

So for our first full day, I had wanted to get up at 7:30 and leave by 9am so we could get to Epcot around 9:30am. We were planning to eat breakfast at Seasons, then we had a lunch ADR at Rose & Crown for 1pm and dinner at San Angel Inn at 7:15pm. We were only off by 30 minutes...We got up at 8, I made Lumar some coffee in the room, and we left the resort at 9:30am.

IMG_1830.jpg

We headed straight to The Land Pavilion to get FPs for Soarin’ and breakfast at Seasons. Our FP return time was for 12:30pm so we settled down for a nice relaxing breakfast…. 2 adult breakfast platters with French toast, breakfast potatoes, scrambled eggs, and a biscuit.

IMG_0123.jpg

Aside from the potatoes being cold and not thoroughly cooked (they were still hard in the middle), it was a good meal. Oh, and I somehow spilled water onto my plate but thankfully I was mostly done eating anyway.

So here we begin Alison’s Hissy Fit #1.

I asked Lumar if he wanted to go to the Character Spot for the special Visa meet & greet. I don’t know how you guys feel about this, but his response was “whatever you want,” and to me that indicates that he doesn’t really want to do that. So I ask him “you don’t want to do it?” He says “well we’ve already met all of those characters.”

I’m mad because my goal for this trip was to meet as many characters as possible, and I don’t understand why us having met them before should stop us from doing it again. Especially considering that last year, we didn’t do hardly any meet & greets at all. So now he is mad that I’m mad and we have our first round of bickering. Sitting at a table, in the semi-crowded cafeteria of Seasons. After a few minutes, I get over it and go back to eating my breakfast. That’s usually how these things go. I’m mad (usually for no good reason) and I argue (again, for no good reason), and then I’m over it and I move on.

So now that we’re all smiles again, we start taking random pics of each other. Lumar gets me first as I was People Watching. I know I was looking at something that was horrific but I can’t remember what it is now. Apparently, it was so traumatic, I’ve blocked it from my memory (i.e I’m extremely forgetful):

IMG_0125.jpg

So I take the camera from him to make sure the picture is acceptable and sneak a picture of him:

IMG_0126.jpg

He looks so primitive, doesn’t he?

Since we still have about 2 hours to kill before Soarin’, we decide to check out Captain EO so we had never seen it before, and probably won’t get the chance again. I have to say it was kinda cool. I’m a fan of MJ’s old stuff but I really had no idea what to expect going into this show. I actually really had fun watching it!

So next we head over to Figment and Lumar has a bright idea:

IMG_0132.jpg

Not really, but it’s a cute picture lol

And it will be the last one for a few minutes, but keep reading and you’ll find out why.

At this point, we go back to The Land to go on Soarin’ but since we’re right there, we stop to use the restrooms first.

Alison’s Hissy Fit #2

Lumar decided to buy a Flip camera to take on this trip. I thought it was a great idea and helped him search for a good price and the whole bit. While I go to the bathroom, he is sitting on the bench recording himself talking about our trip so far. I come back from the bathroom and from what I hear, he is just repeating himself over and over. So I tell him he’s rambling. He finally shuts off the camera and then decides he has to use the bathroom too. Now I’m annoyed because, in my opinion, he should have used the bathroom first. When he comes out, I pull on the backpack, hand him his water bobble (which we bought for this trip and are FANTASTIC investments!) and we head downstairs to Soarin’, while we bicker some more about his video recording. Keep in mind, I’m still annoyed about the bathroom incident so in retrospect, I was really mean to him about the camera. I told him no one was going to watch his videos if he just keeps talking and only recording his face. More bickering ensues about why he even bought the camera in the first place.

We get to the front of the FP line for Soarin’, and I stop the bickering to ask him where he put his P & S camera (the one we’ve been using for pictures all morning). He says he doesn’t have it. “I said what do you mean you don’t have it? I don’t have it!” The only thing I’m picturing in my head at this point, is the backpack, my visor, and Lumar’s camera on the bench upstairs next to the bathrooms. So out of the line we go, and run back upstairs to check to see if it’s still on the bench.

It’s not.

I pull open all of the pockets on the backpack, take everything out but don’t find it. I knew it wasn’t in there because I didn’t remember putting it in there. I specifically remember seeing it on the bench, and with my aggravation about the video recording and the bathroom, I just forgot to grab it.

I check with the CM who is right in front of the entrance to see if someone brought it to her. She said no, but to check with Lost & Found downstairs at the Soarin’ desk.

We go back downstairs, and the CM there says she doesn’t have it either. She says to wait until the end of the day and check with the main Lost & Found at the front of the park.

So now, I’m crazy upset, Lumar is totally PO’d, and I just sit down in a corner where the Soarin’ exit is and start crying. It’s only the first real day of our vacation, we’re already fighting, and now I’ve lost the camera.

At one point, I happen to glance over to the Soarin’ entrance and the clock above it says it’s 1:24pm. That’s can’t be right…

Can it??

I’m still crying (and trying desperately to hide it from the 9356 people in the Soarin’ lobby) but I ask Lumar frantically what time it is. He pulls out his cell phone and confirms that it’s 25 after 1! I fly up off the floor and mumble incoherently as I start speed walking back upstairs and out of the building, that our ADR for Rose & Crown was at 1pm. We make it to World Showcase and to the restaurant in about 10 minutes. The CM at the check-in desk was Morgan and she was so sweet. I told her that I’m sorry we’re late and explained about the lost camera. She tells us it’s no problem and she will get us seated as soon as possible.

So we get our pager and we’re waiting and I start crying again because I feel so horrible about the whole morning. I tell him I’m sorry for being so mean and we agree to try hard not to fight anymore because we’re in DISNEY WORLD and we should be HAPPY!

About 1 minute later, our pager goes off and another CM comes over to seat us. She asks us if we ever found the camera and we tell her no. She says she is sorry that happened to us, and hopes we find it. She seats us at a table outside on the patio facing the lagoon. We have a gorgeous view and a beautiful breeze. I start to calm down a little bit and decide to take out my notebook and make some notes for the TR. I reach down into one of the pockets for my pen and lo & behold…..

THE CAMERA!

I hold it up and show Lumar and both of us stare at it in disbelief. He saw me take everything out of the backpack, and neither of us can believe that it was just sitting in there the whole time!

We both just start laughing because at that point, that’s all we could do.

Here is our view from our table:

IMG_0137.jpg

I ordered a Magic Star Cocktail:

IMG_1832.jpg

For an appetizer, the lactose-intolerant member of our party decides he wants the Cheese & Fruit Plate…..

IMG_1834.jpg

It was OK but not really my cup of tea. I’m not a big fan of cheese to begin with but it wasn’t terrible.

For his meal, Lumar ordered the Pub Burger which he said was really good:

IMG_1835.jpg

For my meal, I had the Fish & Chips which was fantastic and exactly what I wanted:

IMG_1836.jpg

For dessert, Lumar wanted the Lime Pie and I ordered the Sticky Toffee Bread Pudding. Both were delicious!

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

We’ve already decided that we are definitely going back to Rose & Crown in the future. It was such a good experience, in every aspect.

Next up: After getting to lunch late, will we make it to dinner at San Angel Inn? Stay tuned!

I'm so glad you guys found your camera! :hug: Hissy fits and bickering happen :hug: Sharon and I did too at one point :lmao:

I'm sorry about the bickering. Disney is not the place for bickering (Mark and I usually wait until the last day :rotfl:). Sometimes all the stress of planning, etc., just catches up with us.

I'm sorry you lost the camera. And I'm delighted you FOUND the camera. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Love the pics at Rose & Crown -- it is one of our favorite places.

Oh how I can see my hubby and me in the same position as you 2. Even the most magical place on earth can't prevent the couple bickering incidents. We get emotional, especially when things aren't going right. I am SOOOOOOOOO glad to hear you found your camera, as funny as it is that it was there that whole time. Did you ever ride soarin? The food looked tasty, we've never eatin' there, might have to try sometime.

Glad the camera was found!

Hey! Another person from the "great state" of CT here!:thumbsup2 Loving your report so far. Really glad you found the camera.:woohoo: I would have cried too, for sure!:scared1: I, too, was curious as to why you chose to fly out of White Plains instead of Bradley. We always fly Southwest out of Bradley. I have never even considered White Plains. Should I?:confused3 Can't wait for more.popcorn::

Kelly

We headed straight to The Land Pavilion to get FPs for Soarin’ and breakfast at Seasons. Our FP return time was for 12:30pm so we settled down for a nice relaxing breakfast…. 2 adult breakfast platters with French toast, breakfast potatoes, scrambled eggs, and a biscuit.
Breakfast looks yummy!!
I’m mad because my goal for this trip was to meet as many characters as possible, and I don’t understand why us having met them before should stop us from doing it again.
It's okay to have a hissy fit! Besides, he has rode all the rides before, I bet he did that again. We are girls, we are entitled!

He looks so primitive, doesn’t he?
:rotfl2:

So next we head over to Figment and Lumar has a bright idea:

IMG_0132.jpg
Again,:rotfl2:

I hold it up and show Lumar and both of us stare at it in disbelief. He saw me take everything out of the backpack, and neither of us can believe that it was just sitting in there the whole time!
I just love a happy ending!

I made it! I just love your trip reports, can't wait to hear the rest. Hopefully you throw me some potty break humor! Hee funny, Humor, Lumar! Pretty darn close.

I'm so glad you guys found your camera! :hug: Hissy fits and bickering happen :hug: Sharon and I did too at one point :lmao:

Seriously, it's usually a couple of days before it starts! I think I was just so gung-ho about making sure everything went perfectly that I was just on pins & needles and every little thing got under my skin.

I'm sorry about the bickering. Disney is not the place for bickering (Mark and I usually wait until the last day :rotfl:). Sometimes all the stress of planning, etc., just catches up with us.

I'm sorry you lost the camera. And I'm delighted you FOUND the camera. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Love the pics at Rose & Crown -- it is one of our favorite places.

It was quite a day! I can't wait to go back to R & C...I would love to go there for dinner tonight! :lovestruc

Oh how I can see my hubby and me in the same position as you 2. Even the most magical place on earth can't prevent the couple bickering incidents. We get emotional, especially when things aren't going right. I am SOOOOOOOOO glad to hear you found your camera, as funny as it is that it was there that whole time. Did you ever ride soarin? The food looked tasty, we've never eatin' there, might have to try sometime.

I definitely recommend R & C! It was great and everyone was so nice! You'll have to keep reading to find out about Soarin'! ;)

Glad the camera was found!

Me too! I was so upset! And that thing is brand new! I just got it for him for Christmas last year to replace the one I broke!

Hey! Another person from the "great state" of CT here!:thumbsup2 Loving your report so far. Really glad you found the camera.:woohoo: I would have cried too, for sure!:scared1: I, too, was curious as to why you chose to fly out of White Plains instead of Bradley. We always fly Southwest out of Bradley. I have never even considered White Plains. Should I?:confused3 Can't wait for more.popcorn::

Kelly

Howdy, neighbor! :wave:

We only used it because we were flying JetBlue (it was like $100 cheaper than Southwest) and JetBlue is just starting to fly out of Bradley this month. So that is the only reason we switched. Now that JetBlue uses Bradley, we'll be going back there. Westchester was too small for me, I just wasn't comfortable.

Breakfast looks yummy!!

It's okay to have a hissy fit! Besides, he has rode all the rides before, I bet he did that again. We are girls, we are entitled!

:rotfl2:

Again,:rotfl2:

I just love a happy ending!

I made it! I just love your trip reports, can't wait to hear the rest. Hopefully you throw me some potty break humor! Hee funny, Humor, Lumar! Pretty darn close.

I should have said that to him about riding the rides, huh? Didn't even think of it! But you know what? I know he would have done the meet & greet without complaint if I said that's what I wanted to do. But for some reason, I took his response of "whatever you want to do" the wrong way, got offended by it, and made a big deal over it. It was totally my fault and I admit it.

I love those pics of him! Aren't they funny!?

So glad I found that camera! It was a like a miracle happened right before my eyes! :lmao:

Glad you made it over! Don't worry, there is some potty humor...LOTS of potty humor, later in the report. :laughing: Although what's funny about it, is that it's not really funny! If that makes any sense!

I'm so sorry to hear about the camera situation!! I'm just like you, though. Something like that can make me get overly upset, and then I can pout for hours (or, days - depending upon how bad I thought the occurence was!) I'm definitely glad that you found it, too!

Every great couple has their bickering moments; so don't worry!! We :love: you guys, no matter what!

And, I LOL'd at the cheese plate and the fact that Lumar ordered it. (Too bad I cheat on things like that even with my stomach issue, too! :rotfl:)

Maybe that's some foreshadowing for the (wait for it) - cheese sauce. (Because you know, the - is pretty apparent that it means the up and down motion; yeesh, men!)

I'm so sorry to hear about the camera situation!! I'm just like you, though. Something like that can make me get overly upset, and then I can pout for hours (or, days - depending upon how bad I thought the occurence was!) I'm definitely glad that you found it, too!

Every great couple has their bickering moments; so don't worry!! We :love: you guys, no matter what!

And, I LOL'd at the cheese plate and the fact that Lumar ordered it. (Too bad I cheat on things like that even with my stomach issue, too! :rotfl:)

Maybe that's some foreshadowing for the (wait for it) - cheese sauce. (Because you know, the - is pretty apparent that it means the up and down motion; yeesh, men!)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I keep forgetting about the cheese sauce! HAHAHAAHAH I can't wait to get to that part of the TR! - _ - _ - _ - :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'm glad you found your camera!

I think my reaction to 'whatever you want' would've been OK! and dragging him to the meet and greet. That's what you get for not caring!

Hope you had a better rest of the day in Epcot!

Hey great trip report so far. I am really glad you found your camera. That sucks cause EPCOT is such a big place and you can lose stuff in an instant. Im glad you are having a great time (minus the fighting) I can't wait to hear more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter