UPDATE 1/20!! Bickering, Barfing, and Bug Bites

You're right! That is an AWESOME day! Pity you ended up being second class citizens compared to Mickey...but then how cool would it have been to be riding in one of those floats?

I've never ridden EE in the very front....second row; but not the very front. It's a great view.

Love the picture of the Tree....

Wow, you really did have an awesome day! So many good things all crammed into one day :)

I don't get why people bring cameras that huge on vacation. :confused3

Cool night pictures of AK! I've never been in AK at night. And jealous of the lion picture! Never see the lions!

What an AMAZING AK day!!! That is so cool that you guys were chosen to be family of the day in the parade :thumbsup2 Too bad they didnt snap a picture of the entire float though, so you could see Mickey with you guys!

And how nice of that family to give you their desserts, it sounds like the DHS meltdown turned into a perfect day at AK

:lmao: I did know about that, I just forgot! :rotfl: That sounds like a lot of fun, though! And at least you weren't waiting for a certain character to finish her cigarette. I can't tell you how often I saw this one character (PM me if you wanna know who) smoking behind Mrs Potts.

Those pics are pretty cool, though! I've never ridden in the front of Everest, but I'll have to try next time :teeth:

I told you that you knew about it already! :rotfl2:

That is so funny about the smoking character! :lmao: Well, funny, but NOT

I love that last pic of the tree!

Thanks! I'm thinking of printing an 8 x 10 and framing it....I wish the other ones came out better!

You're right! That is an AWESOME day! Pity you ended up being second class citizens compared to Mickey...but then how cool would it have been to be riding in one of those floats?

I've never ridden EE in the very front....second row; but not the very front. It's a great view.

Love the picture of the Tree....

It really was an amazing day! Everything about it was just perfect! PLUS we got to hang out at AK at night, which is something we always wanted to do but never got the chance (we were there for PM EMH last year but I got sick and had to leave early in the day so we missed it).

EE in the front row is CRAZY! I'd love to get front row at night! It's a totally new experience because you really can't see where you're going. It was a full moon the night, but the moonlight was all we had!

Thank you! :goodvibes

Wow, you really did have an awesome day! So many good things all crammed into one day :)

I don't get why people bring cameras that huge on vacation. :confused3

Cool night pictures of AK! I've never been in AK at night. And jealous of the lion picture! Never see the lions!

It was PERFECT! Good stuff just kept happening! It was insane!

I don't know why they bring them either! It looked like such a burden! I suppose if you aren't planning to ride anything than it's OK but that's no fun! :laughing:

AK at night is amazing! Especially since most people don't stay all day anyway, during PM EMH we had the entire path from Asia to Africa to ourselves.

We've only seen the male lion in an upright position one other time and that was in 2006. He's always sleeping and usually all you can see is his mane sticking up.

What an AMAZING AK day!!! That is so cool that you guys were chosen to be family of the day in the parade :thumbsup2 Too bad they didnt snap a picture of the entire float though, so you could see Mickey with you guys!

And how nice of that family to give you their desserts, it sounds like the DHS meltdown turned into a perfect day at AK

Yeah I feel like the PP photographers were probably not accustomed to taking pics of the parades. Like I said, I'm a little bummed about it but at the same time, we are immortalized in the pics and videos of 8000 people who were watching the parade that day! :rotfl2: Maybe I'll start a thread and see if anyone got any pics of us with the whole float....

The first two days worth of arguing and crying were totally washed away by our AK day! It was wonderful! There will never be another day quite like this one!

Wow, what an AMAZING day! I can't believe you got to be in the parade! That's sooooooo cool! And free dessert? Sweet!

How was your food at Y&Y? I've eaten there twice now, and once it was really good and once it was really bad, so I'm totally on the fence with that place.

One of these trips, I'm actually going to go to an AK evening EMH, just cuz it looks so cool at night!

Wow, what an AMAZING day! I can't believe you got to be in the parade! That's sooooooo cool! And free dessert? Sweet!

How was your food at Y&Y? I've eaten there twice now, and once it was really good and once it was really bad, so I'm totally on the fence with that place.

One of these trips, I'm actually going to go to an AK evening EMH, just cuz it looks so cool at night!

It was an awesome day! Definitely one we won't forget!

We have eaten at Y & Y I think three times now and have always had a good experience. I would love some of that sweet & sour chicken right now! It's definitely one of my favorite places to eat!

AK is amazing at night! I'm so glad we finally got to be there for PM EMH, there was NO ONE there!

Woho for seeing the pictures of your perfect day after hearing about it weeks ago! (Can you believe it's been weeks already? Yesh!!!)

I'm so happy you had such a special day after a couple of pit-stops prior to that! :lovestruc:lovestruc

Can't wait for more!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: to you and Lumar, Ali. How fun is that. In 20+ visits, we've never been picked for a parade or anything. What a great experience. Mark is sitting here loving the look of those ribs at Yak & Yeti; last time he had the duck, but he has "ribs" on the brain now for the next visit.

That cheese danish at PM looks really good too.

Looking forward to more.

That carrot cake cookie is on my list of "must try" because of reading about it on the DIS too. I think if we decide to see Fantasmic we will do the Fantasmic Pkg, Mama Melrose or Brown Derby, but I have to say DH would love that pork chop.
What great luck being picked as family of the day and getting to ride in the parade.
You guys sure had the pixie dust on your trip giving you such very special memories

Woho for seeing the pictures of your perfect day after hearing about it weeks ago! (Can you believe it's been weeks already? Yesh!!!)

I'm so happy you had such a special day after a couple of pit-stops prior to that! :lovestruc:lovestruc

Can't wait for more!

I know!!!!! WEEKS!!!! It's so not fair! It's like when you wait in line for 80 minutes to ride RnRC and then it's over in 48 seconds. I need a FP for my next vacation! Only 325 day until we (hopefully) go back! ;)

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: to you and Lumar, Ali. How fun is that. In 20+ visits, we've never been picked for a parade or anything. What a great experience. Mark is sitting here loving the look of those ribs at Yak & Yeti; last time he had the duck, but he has "ribs" on the brain now for the next visit.

That cheese danish at PM looks really good too.

Looking forward to more.

I'm still in shock that we actually got to do it!

Lumar really liked the ribs from Y & Y. We've never had a bad meal there so I'm looking forward to going again next time!

The cheese danish was marvelous! Probably 2 days worth of fat/calories but it was worth it!

That carrot cake cookie is on my list of "must try" because of reading about it on the DIS too. I think if we decide to see Fantasmic we will do the Fantasmic Pkg, Mama Melrose or Brown Derby, but I have to say DH would love that pork chop.
What great luck being picked as family of the day and getting to ride in the parade.
You guys sure had the pixie dust on your trip giving you such very special memories

The carrot cake cookie is so worth it! So moist and sweet and wonderful! :lovestruc

We tried Brown Derby last year and I was less than impressed. We've eaten at Mama's 3 times now and have nothing but good things to say about it. The menu changes every year but we always find something on it that we like!

yummmmmy....that carrot cake cookie looks so good....
so cool about your day full of pixie dust at AK...and great pics from the safari:thumbsup2

yummmmmy....that carrot cake cookie looks so good....
so cool about your day full of pixie dust at AK...and great pics from the safari:thumbsup2

It was good and it was HUGE! Like I said, we split it into 4 pieces and could only eat 1 each!

Thanks about the pics!

joining in & great TR so far!
I am so glad that lady got a few steps in front of you before barfing! That could've been real ugly! :eek:
That is so cool that ya'll were able to be in the AK parade!!!! How many people can say they've been in a WDW parade!?!

joining in & great TR so far!
I am so glad that lady got a few steps in front of you before barfing! That could've been real ugly! :eek:
That is so cool that ya'll were able to be in the AK parade!!!! How many people can say they've been in a WDW parade!?!

Thank you so much for joining in!

OMG if she would have tossed her cookies (wine) ON ME...That would have been VERY bad! :sick:

I am still so stoked that we got to be in the parade! I guess it just takes being in the right place at the right time! I would love to see someone's pics or video from that day so I could see what we looked like to the rest of the park!

We had an ADR for breakfast at Kona Cafe for 9:20, so we got up around 7:30. We actually made it to breakfast on time and were seated right away. We love Kona, and after the fantastic day we had yesterday at AK, we were still feeling silly.

Lumar told me he was exhausted, and I was too but wasn't trying very hard to conceal it so I had to sneak a pic of him:

IMG_0261.jpg

I told him that today was going to be another great day, and he should put on his happy face, like this:

IMG_0262.jpg

Our Lilikoi Juice came out and it was delicious, as usual. I wish you could buy this stuff in the grocery store!

IMG_0267.jpg

Lumar ordered Steak & Eggs:

IMG_0270.jpg

And I ordered Tonga Toast:

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

The plan for today was to head back to MK after breakfast and spend a couple hours there, then go back to CSR for a nap. After that, we would be heading to DTD for dinner at Planet Hollywood for 5pm, then going to see Cirque du Soleil at 9. After the show was over, we'd be heading back to MK for PM EMH which were until 3am.

Now, this is how you can tell I was worn out...NO pics from our time at MK this morning. NONE. ZERO. I did, however, take notes.

We arrived back at MK at 10:20 and saw a giant mob of people swarming into the park. I freaked out, thinking that we only had 2 hours to spend here and now we wouldn't get to do anything because of the crowd.

We headed to Pirates first and I was shocked that it was a walk-on. Next, we headed to Splash which was also a walk-on. At this point I'm thinking to myself that I know we just witnessed about 400 people rushing the gates to get in...so where the heck are they? Not that I really cared, but I was just curious.

As we left Splash and headed towards HM, I found the crowd. There was a giant mass of people in line to meet Woody & Jessie, and another line down a little bit further to meet Donald in his frontierland gear (complete with raccoon hat). We arrived at HM and again, walked on. Fight through the crowds was tough, but it seemed like people were just milling about...no one was actually headed anywhere.

So we get on HM and it's dark, and air conditioned, and relaxing....and before I know it, I'm half asleep trying to force myself to stay awake. I know I nodded off during the ballroom scene and I missed the attic scene all together. I woke up again when I was falling backwards into the cemetery.

When we got off, it was exactly 12:30 and I knew that even if we WANTED to stay a little longer, I wouldn't make it. I needed sleep. I think that when you have it in your mind that you'll be taking a nap, it makes your body that much more tired. Like, if I hadn't been thinking about taking a nap all day, I probably would've been fine to keep going.

So we head back to CSR and I fell asleep around 1:15.

Would I be able to get up again in time for dinner?? Stay tuned...

What exactly is Lilikoi juice? And kudos to Lumar for eating steak & eggs. I don't think I could do it that early in the morning!

You fell asleep on HM!!?!?!?! :scared1: :laughing:

I LOL'd at Lumar's sleepy face.

I'm getting excited for the update about the rest of this day!! :banana:

(And, BTW, I need a fast pass for our next trip..which probably won't be until I'm done with school. Yuck, yuck, and more YUCK!!!)

What exactly is Lilikoi juice? And kudos to Lumar for eating steak & eggs. I don't think I could do it that early in the morning!

You fell asleep on HM!!?!?!?! :scared1: :laughing:

Orange, Guava, and Pineapple I believe! So freakin' good. I know they serve it at Boma, too but I think they call it Jungle Juice there...although I might be totally making that up!

Yes....yes I did!

I LOL'd at Lumar's sleepy face.

I'm getting excited for the update about the rest of this day!! :banana:

(And, BTW, I need a fast pass for our next trip..which probably won't be until I'm done with school. Yuck, yuck, and more YUCK!!!)

He makes the best faces, I swear!

I can't wait to get to the rest of it! One of my favorite days!!!!!

I was wondering if you caught that about the FP! :laughing: Seriously...I have 322 days until we go back (hopefully) which is 7,728 hours...so in Stand-By time, that's a 463,680 minute wait! I need a FASTPASS!!! LOL\

Oh and we looked into the whole DLR thing...it would cost us more money to go to DLR for 1 week than it costs us to go to WDW for TWO! :rotfl2:

Orange, Guava, and Pineapple I believe! So freakin' good. I know they serve it at Boma, too but I think they call it Jungle Juice there...although I might be totally making that up!

They serve something called Jungle Juice at Tusker House too. I wonder if it's the same thing. I know there was definitely orange and pineapple juice in it but I can't remember about the guava!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter