• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(update 08/29 The end) Forget Gaston, There's a New Villian in My Sights

Victoriasmom98

DIS Veteran
Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, we’ll get to that later on. First of all, welcome one and all to the Trip Report for May 2016!

Resort: Old Key West

Dates: May 13 through May 21st

Who: Myself, DD Victoria and DH Peter

Why: Why not??!!!

I was waiting to start this report as my pictures (yes, all 804+ of them not including Photopass) have taken 3 days to upload, then they uploaded to the “Bucket” so I had to bulk move them to the correct album and I didn’t know how to do that at first! (Don’t worry folks, I googled it!). Then my computer decided to upload Windows 10 and THAT took a while, too. I also work 2 jobs and Victoria graduates on the 12th so things are BUSY!!!! But, here I am!!!

Me: Ann, turned 49 on May 11th and celebrated in Disney World!!! I certainly don’t act my age and enjoy letting the inner kid out whenever and wherever it is warranted (which is usually often!) You’ll notice I love to use exclamation points! I work full time for State government collecting child support and part time sales at Party City. Oh, don’t I love that job!! I get to dress up and wear Mickey ears if I want!!! It’s awesome. I had previously worked retail for many, many years before I got the job with the State and I kind of missed it, so here I am. Me and my friend Dale….

Peter is my DH of almost 6 years now. He is a plumbing pro at Lowe’s. He was previously the Service Manager at Val-U-Energy for over 26 years. Long story short, it was too stressful and the new owner was a piece of work, so Peter found a full time job closer to home. He was travelling 2 hours per day back and forth to work, so this is a nice change. He loves working on old cars --- you know the ones prior to having a computer in them that you can tinker with to fix. You should see my yard. Oh, it’s not horrible, but we do have quite a few “projects” hanging around! He’s not a big fan of thrill rides, so it’s usually me and my partner in crime, Victoria. This is Peter waiting outside of (insert name of ride here) while Victoria and I go on it.
(hey Sarah, new 2016 pic!!)

Speaking of my Partner in Crime, that would be my 18 year old DD Victoria. She just had her last day of high school today and will be graduating on June 12th. OMG!!! Boy did those years just fly by! She is going to a University here in Maine in September and will be studying Political Science. She’s still unsure of a true major, but she doesn’t have to decide that right off. She is currently working at Staples as a tech and really enjoys it. She will also need to spend this summer practicing to get her driver’s license! Ugh! She just doesn’t want to drive but yet she’ll have to commute to college an hour away! She best start getting on that, huh?! Peter is the only real father she’s ever known. Her bio dad didn’t ever have much to do with her, so for all purposes, Peter is her dad. Yeah! They have a very special relationship! Thank God!!

So, that’s us……

Hopefully another update will be coming soon!!

Yay! Trip report! I can't wait to read all about the trip!
Oh, and I love the Peter sleeping picture. Thanks for getting a recent one for me! I hope there will be more of those in the report!

Hello, Hi, How are you? I’m going to be writing about our wonderful, uneventful travel day. The most important thing ---- we’re going to Disney!! Of course on Thursday evening Miss Cutie-dog took her trip to Doggie Daycare. All I had to do was pull her blanket off of the chair and she knew she was going somewhere. She’s so funny like that! I will admit that I cried just a bit as I said goodbye to her, but I knew she was in great care!

[/URL]

Yes baby, you’re going to daycare to play with all of your little doggie friends!

I got home and had Peter put the suitcases in the trunk and tried to get to bed early. HA!! I was cleaning cages and a litter box and just trying to make the house not look like we live in filth. I know my friend Laurie who was coming over to take care of all the critters wouldn’t mind, but I like a clean house and I just don’t usually have the time to clean it thoroughly. I would say we were in bed by 10am ---- so not cool as we were getting up at 2:30am!!! Why do we do such early flights (5:45am)? Because they can be almost $100 cheaper!!! And you’re in Disney earlier so bonus.

I can tell you, 2:30am came up awfully fast!!! I don’t really think I slept all that much anyways. I mean really, who sleeps the night before Disney? Anyone? Bueller? I was up and bouncing around excitedly, although I can’t say the same for my other two travelers. Boy were they tired and grumpy! GUYS!!! We’re going to Disney, for crying out loud! Snap out of it! We ended up leaving the house at 3:15am --- my actual target time. Yay us!

[/URL]

Peter drove us to Portland, as usual, which is about an hour ride. We parked in long term parking (and promptly forget to write down or take a picture of where we parked. Ugh!). Got our bags checked in at the desk and headed up to the security area. No one had pre board this time (sad face) so we schlepped it through without our shoes on. It was pretty quick and easy to get through as Portland is not a very big airport. We read the board which told us which gate to be at and we waited, and waited, went to the bathroom, got some drinks and waited some more. Flight was on time and I believe started boarding around 5:20am. We didn’t get A boarding (Southwest) but managed to find seats all together. Yay!

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

Victoria had purchased an adult coloring book (ok, that sounded x-rated) and some really nice colored pencils and decided to start working on a page.

[/URL]

Shortly thereafter, this happened:

[/URL]

Yeah, so much for my company, huh? Peter was doing the same thing on the other side of me.

[/URL]

So, yeah, I guess it was time for me to read since I had no one to talk to! Poor me! No, actually I like reading, so it was all good. The flight was uneventful and very smooth. We had a short layover in Baltimore where we hit the McDonald’s for breakfast as it was only about 8:30am at that time. Then it was back on the plane heading for Orlando, baby! Again it was another smooth, uneventful flight and we were in Orlando riding on the fake-o-rail!! OMG!!! We’re in Orlando people!! Whoo Hoot!! It never gets old or routine, does it? Nope!

[/URL]

[/URL]

And we found our way to the Magical Express area and hopped in Line #3 for Old Key West. OMG we are really here!!!!

[/URL]

For the life of me I cannot remember in what order we were dropped off. I want to say it was after POR & POFQ, yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s it because we were commenting how we loved POR! Finally, there we were, driving into Old Key West. OMG! I just couldn’t imagine it in real life and now we are here. Just so different than what I pictured in my head! It was then off to the Registration Desk to check in to

NONE OF MY REQUESTS!!!

Really?? This is my birthday trip and you couldn’t put me in the building I wanted? Oh, I know requests aren’t guaranteed, but really? So, there was a twinge of disappointment there. Ok, well, I’m going to suck it up and see how this room is going to be. Keeping an open mind here.

[/URL]

Now you have to take the internal shuttle to get to a specific area and we were at the North Point Road area. Let’s take a look at the map, shall we? Yep, one of the furthest areas from the main building. Wonderful. Not. Again, let’s keep an open mind here.

We were on the second floor of Building 52 facing the golf course. Ok. Not bad. I absolutely love, love, loved the room! Very spacious and pretty!

[/URL
]

[/URL]

[/URL]

Ok, I could live here for a week!!!

Last edited:
Signing in :woohoo:

Yay!!!! :welcome:

Hooray!!! Joining in!

So glad you are here!!!!!:yay:

can't wait to hear about your trip!

:welcome: I hope you enjoy my report!

Looking forward to reading your new adventure!!

Thanks so much! It was such an awesome trip!!:flower:

Yay! Trip report! I can't wait to read all about the trip!
Oh, and I love the Peter sleeping picture. Thanks for getting a recent one for me! I hope there will be more of those in the report!

Yep, tried to get as many of those pictures as possible!!! :rolleyes2

Can't wait to read about how your trip went!

It was amazing!! I can't wait to tell you! :hippie:

Loving your report. My family spent 3 weeks at Old Key West and we loved it, and also had a room facing the golf course. It was very quiet.

I will admit that I cried just a bit as I said goodbye to her,

I have to admit, I'm very much dreading leaving our baby kitty behind for the first time :( Though she's driving me a little nuts tonight.

Hmm, that seems familiar to me :rotfl: Though at least for the time being, I've only got one shoulder getting taken up by flight sleepers :P

That's really lame about no room request granted at all, but I hope it all still worked out great, and at least you did like the room itself!

Joining in! My first real stay at WDW was at OKW, so it holds a special place in my heart! My biggest regret was NOT buying DVC at that point! I could have saved boatloads of money on future trips! Who knew I would end up loving it and going back so frequently, though? Not me! Ended up purchasing in 2013 and I am so happy to be an owner :):):)

Can't wait to read more about your trip!

Yay for arriving at Disney! Even though you didn't get any of your requests, I'm glad you loved the room! It looks so beautiful.

Also ... was Victoria using Prismacolor pencils? Prismacolors are my absolute favorite colored pencils. The colors are so vibrant, they're much better than any other pencil I've ever used.

So, where were we? Ah yes, we had just seen our room and it was now time to go get some grub at Disney Springs. We had hopped a bus at our bus stop which would eventually take us to the Hospitality Area where the ferry would take us to Disney Springs. We were told that if you caught any bus, it would always take you to the Hospitality House and that was true. It worked all week!! :flower:We found where the boat picked up and took our nice relaxing ride!

Where were we eating? Why Wolfgang Puck's of course. Victoria fell in love with this place last year so there was no choice as far as she was concerned. Now for full disclosure here, I do not usually take pictures of what we ate. I just never have gotten into that. I can tell you Victoria had some kind of pasta thing. As for me, I can't remember mine or Peter's. It was good, though!

and he's bopping her in the head. This is a normal thing for them.

Once lupper was over, we really didn't do any shopping as we wanted to get back, unpack, and head for the hot tub. Oh yeah, baby!!

You know what I loved about this area.....There was a hot tub at our pool not just at the main pool!!! OMG!! That was pure heaven and that fact that the walk was maybe 6 car-lengths away was amazing! I planned on being in the hot tub every night!!!!!

I'm here :)
Enjoying it so far. Am glad you liked your room :)

Yay!!!! I can tell you I was disappointed to be that far away, but now I can't imagine being anywhere else in that resort!

Can't wait to read your report!

I'm hoping you enjoy. It was a great trip!!!! :welcome:

Loving your report. My family spent 3 weeks at Old Key West and we loved it, and also had a room facing the golf course. It was very quiet.

Yep, I am definitely in love with it! :love: Thanks for tagging along!

I have to admit, I'm very much dreading leaving our baby kitty behind for the first time :( Though she's driving me a little nuts tonight. Hmm, that seems familiar to me :rotfl: Though at least for the time being, I've only got one shoulder getting taken up by flight sleepers :P That's really lame about no room request granted at all, but I hope it all still worked out great, and at least you did like the room itself!

It's ok about the room request. It turned out to be fantastic for us! Oh, you got a PITA kitty? Yeah, you'd have to meet Milo, our cat who doesn't realize he's 16 and still jumps on everything!! :cat:

Can't wait to read more about your trip!Joining in! My first real stay at WDW was at OKW, so it holds a special place in my heart! My biggest regret was NOT buying DVC at that point! I could have saved boatloads of money on future trips! Who knew I would end up loving it and going back so frequently, though? Not me! Ended up purchasing in 2013 and I am so happy to be an owner :):):)

We've only been members since 2014 so this is all so new to me! I can't wait until it's all paid off and then it will really start saving us money! We would have never stayed deluxe before as we always stayed Moderate. It's all so exciting!! Thank for reading along!! :yay::yay:

Yay for arriving at Disney! Even though you didn't get any of your requests, I'm glad you loved the room! It looks so beautiful. Also ... was Victoria using Prismacolor pencils? Prismacolors are my absolute favorite colored pencils. The colors are so vibrant, they're much better than any other pencil I've ever used.

Yep Victoria uses Prismacolor pencils! That's too funny that the both of you use the same brand. I'll have to tell her.

I am loving my vicarious vacation thru you. Thank you for making me day!!

Oh please, live through me!!! And if you are doing that, you are going again in July! I now have 28 more days until I'm HOME again! I'm crazy, I know! :dance3:

joining! can't wait to hear more......

HI!!!! :welcome:

I am following along too :)

Glad to have you here!!!! I hope you enjoy!!!!:wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter