(update 08/06) This One's for You, Mom -- Sep 2015 PTR

Victoriasmom98

DIS Veteran
This is a very special trip for my Mom.

Once upon a time there was a wonderful couple who were married when my Mom was 18 and Dad was 25. They fell in love when Mom was 16 years old and lived across the street from Dad. My Dad used to tell the story that he hit Mom with a snowball and it was love ever since then. I actually don’t think that really happened, but to hear him tell it, it was such a wonderful story. He also used to tell us that he changed Mom’s diapers when his older sister used to babysit Mom. That I know isn’t true! Theirs was a love which I had never seen before --- they absolutely worshiped the ground each other walked on.

Their lives weren’t easy – Dad’s career was as a Master Oil Burner Technician which took him away from home for various periods of time when Mom was home alone with three young kids. One of those kids had a serious medical condition, but my parents were strong. As Mom tells it, sometimes after all the bills were paid, they barely had $1 to last the week. They were proud people so they never asked for assistance ---- it was them against the world, hand in hand. For more of Mom’s childhood you are welcomed to read http://www.fawi.net/ezine/vol3no3/Schmidt.html. She was part of a book which described the French-Canadian heritage in our area.

Well, we children grew and each of us had our own lives to lead. My parents remained as much in love as the day they got married and you could see it. They were affectionate with each other and never cross with each other. Oh, maybe, but they never let anyone else see it. Their marriage was truly magical.

They had always said one day they would stay at the Grand Floridian and have themselves a wonderful vacation – just the two of them. Mom would talk about that often and really was looking forward to it and being in all that glamour and style. A vacation like that is something that as a child my Mom never thought would happen, as she grew up very poor --- only speaking French until High School. But they saved and worked hard and it would have only been one more year and then my Mom would have retired and spent the rest of her days with my Dad who was already retired at that time. That vacation never came to pass. My Dad died in November 2002 at the age of 69. They never made it to their 44nd anniversary let alone their 50th. They never made it to that wonderful vacation both had dreamed of. The hole in all of our lives is sometimes hard to bear, but we love our Mom and continue to have her be an important part of our lives.

Fast forward to September 2014 when my husband Peter and I bought into the DVC. We received our 100 points for 2014 AND 100 points for 2015 during that month, so we will have 200 points to spend on a resort. OMG I know what we can do ---- we can take Mom to the Grand Floridian! Granted it won’t be the same without Dad, but we want to do this for her. Her birthday was September 29th and this will be our gift to her. We are going to make her dream come true!!! So, after much hemming and hawing, she’s finally agreed and we are planning on spending 6 nights at the Grand Floridian in September. Let the planning begin!!!!

Oooh....oooh, pick me, pick me. I'm here and my New Years resolution is to be better about following the Dis! Can't wait to read all about it!

I love your dad's story of he and your mom met ... I don't care if it's true, it's super cute!

I wish they could have gotten to go to the Grand Floridian together. I'm so glad that you're going to take her there and make her dream come true. So sweet!

I'm looking forward to following along with all the I hope you can make this a really magical trip for your mom - I'm sure she deserves it!

Aww, great love story! :lovestruc

What a wonderful trip this will be for you all! Looking forward to following!

Are you ready for these characters???

Let me first introduce you to Mom. Ah, what can I say about Mom? She’s a young 74 and we will be celebrating her 75th birthday while in Disney! This, she doesn’t know about yet. I will probably be ordering a special something from Disney Florist for her and of course will make her wear a Birthday button! Mom is retired but she volunteers one day per week in the kindergarten class in the school across the street from her house. She is also a volunteer at church. She’s pretty active and makes sure to do her exercises daily and keeps her house immaculate! She’s just amazing!

Mom at my 2010 wedding. She and Victoria walked me down the “aisle”.

Here’s Mom and Dad taken during their 40th wedding anniversary. Beautiful couple, aren’t they?

Oh yes, this is Mom dressed up like Mrs. Claus for our extended family’s Christmas party. I tell ya, she’s a hoot. She’s no drunken grandma like Nicole’s Mom, but she’s fun in her own right.

Up next is my husband Peter. Peter and I were married in 2010. I think I’m slowly turning him into a Disney lover. He’s not much into fast rides or roller-coasters (think It’s a Small World) but loves the shows and the food. Yep, the food. He’s not too hard to please. He loves the Disney Villains. He works full time in the heating industry as the Service Manager so let’s just say I don’t see him much in the winter months between the service calls and overtime. Hey, it pays the bills, right? Oh, did I mention he’s a chicken fanatic? Yep, sometimes I think he loves our flock of chickens more than he loves us…..

Then there’s Miss Victoria, my wonderful DD. She’s 16 (will be 17 in Feb) and a junior in high school. Unbelievable! Her first trip to Disney was when she was 6 years old. At that time I could dress her up like a little princess. Now? No way!! She’s been through a lot of medical issues in her young life but we are pushing through. Her latest obsession ---- reading about Disney deaths! OMG!! She finds it fascinating how many accidents have occurred and scours the internet for stories. She also likes the “abandoned” rides and places too like River Country and what used to be the old Legendary Years site of Pop Century resort. She loves the legends such as the one in Pirates of the Caribbean where if you say a worker’s name 3 times the ride will break down. It’s never worked for us, so…..

Bringing up the rear is me! Ann! I’m the leader of this funky bunch and the most Disney-obsessed of the group! I work full time for State Government as a Child Support Enforcement Agent and have been doing this now for 8 years. I do love my job, but let’s face it ---- I spend most of my time planning or writing about my Disney trips. I also scrapbook, so I take lots and lots of pictures. My favorite character right now is Gaston. I am absolutely in love with him. Yep, love those bad boys! I have an awesome t-shirt idea for our next meeting, oh and there WILL BE a next meeting. Sigh.

The rest of my family consists of our yellow lab Cutie, our cats Milo and Reeses, our two guinea pigs Tickles and Squishy, our four rabbits Chubby, Alana, Trooper and Maxwell. And of course, our flock of chickens. I believe there is about 30 of them right now. They are egg layers (well, the hens are) and they are bantams which mean they are on the small side. OH, they all have names, but really, do you really want me to list them all. Quite honestly I don’t think I can. Right now we have one of the roosters healing in the living room (in a cage!!). He had some type of accident and is re-learning how to walk. His name is Spotty and he’s a favorite of mine!

Well that’s it on the cast. Interesting bunch, I must say…….

Oooh....oooh, pick me, pick me. I'm here and my New Years resolution is to be better about following the Dis! Can't wait to read all about it!

Oh lookie there, Suzi made it over!! Hi Suzi! Welcome to the madness which is my PTR! :welcome:

I love your dad's story of he and your mom met ... I don't care if it's true, it's super cute! I wish they could have gotten to go to the Grand Floridian together. I'm so glad that you're going to take her there and make her dream come true. So sweet! I'm looking forward to following along with all the I hope you can make this a really magical trip for your mom - I'm sure she deserves it!

Hi Sarah! :wave2:. Thanks for coming on over! I am soooo excited to do this for my Mom. She really does deserve it! She'll believe in Disney Magic by the time I'm done with her!!! :wizard:

Aww, great love story! :lovestruc What a wonderful trip this will be for you all! Looking forward to following!

Oh Nichole, theirs was a love that you just can't imagine. They were such an inspiration to me and Mom still is, of course! :hug:

What a great daughter you are to do this for your mom! I can't wait to see all that you have planned!

Hi Erin! :welcome:. I'm amazing, aren't I?? LOL!! Just kidding! I know we will definitely be taking her to Chefs de France so she can speak French and show the rest of us up! :lmao: She has digestive issues, so we'll have to do mostly lunches or breakfasts with her which will make our touring a little different than normal, but I can work with that!

Ann, I'm so excited for your mom! What a lovely gift!

I'm really excited to be doing this for her, Karen! :love: It's gonna be something special, that's for sure!

What a wonderful story and trip you've planned. Your mom sounds like a hoot. I also love reading about your chickens. We live in a city where technically I could have chickens but I don't want to anger my neighbors. ;) Sometimes I wish we lived in a rural area so I could raise chickens, goats, and maybe a pig but I really love our neighborhood and its conveniences. Looking forward to following your plans.

Sounds like your mom is really great! Staying acting and volunteering so much at her age is so impressive - you must be so proud of all that she does.
Your parents really are a beautiful couple and they look so happy!

Like Victoria, I went through a phase where I was obsessed with the Disney deaths and abandoned buildings (of course, I then had nightmares after reading about this stuff). Did you know that the Little Mermaid section & main hall (I think) of Art of Animation use the buildings originally build for the Legendary Years of Pop Century?

I loved reading all about the cast ... you guys are definitely interesting characters, but also really fun!

Awww, your mom is beautiful! You guys are going to have such a great time. As you know....I took my 86 year old Gram to the Grand this summer. Her first time to Disney, I wanted the best place for her. She loved it and being so close to everything was wonderful. Of course they decided to change the monorail hours just before we arrived, so we didn't get to use it very often. But the boat was great. I still like the Poly better and probably won't return to the GF, but it was the perfect place for our trip this year.

The Plans…..

Well, I can’t really update anything on this until February 5th. Since our “home” resort is Saratoga Springs and not the Grand Floridian, I have to wait until 7 months out in order to make a reservation at a “non-home” resort. I do already have a room at SSR already reserved so we don’t end up with nothing, but that’s not the plan! There’s a resort availability tool on the DVC website which shows the resorts available for certain times and as of today, there is still availability in the one-bedroom category for the GF. Now if that can only hold true for only 3 more weeks, we will be shining!!! Don’t ask me what I will do if it’s not available….I don’t know. I have very little wiggle room to work with here. See, Victoria and I have tickets for One Direction in Boston on Sep 12th. Yep, I have planned for us to return on Friday, Sep 11th from Florida only to hop a ride down to Boston on the 12th --- that’s how we roll!!! As of right now our Disney trip will be flying down on Saturday, Sep 5th. Monday the 7th is Labor Day so I’m a bit concerned about the crowds on both Sunday and Monday, but I know Tuesday – Friday will be smooth sailing as far as crowds go. I’m thinking as along as we stay away from Magic Kingdom on that weekend, we should be good. Of course this all depends on the crowd calendars which should be out the end of February --- just days before my ADR day. Ugh! And I can’t plan my ADR’s without knowing what park we’ll be in on a certain day. See? Those crowd calendars are very, very important to me because that’s how I plan my park days.

Let me share a couple of Grand Floridian pictures (courtesy of the internet):

Thinking, thinking, thinking…..

I do, however, know where we will be dining in certain parks. I’ve planned some of this on scratch paper ---- one of my favorite things to do! In pencil, mostly, because I change my mind A LOT! I’ve also been playing around with to do/not do the DDP. We’ve always done the dining plan whether it’s been free or I’ve paid for it. Apparently we are big eaters and enjoy one table service per day. I’ve looked at the menus and priced out the most expensive options (Victoria and I usually eat steak) and it really comes out better if we do the DDP. Most of the TS places we will go to will average about $40 per person (on the high side). Lunch is at least usually $15 per person and the plan will include a snack (up to $4) and the refillable mug (we are big soda drinkers). Breakfast per person will either be the snack credit or $10 or under (unless it’s TS). So if we are getting a snack credit, CS credit and TS credit per person per day, the plan saves us money most days. It’s really almost a wash, but then it comes down to convenience. I like have it “pre-paid” and credits on the band. I’m also going to have some snacks on hand in the resort room. I think I’ll be ordering from Garden Grocer for those items. Mom isn’t going to be in the parks with us other than EPCOT, so I’m doing mostly breakfast ADRs so she can be with us. She says she wants to pay for her own meals and fortunately with the DVC we can leave her off the dining plan. She eats like a freaking bird, so really, the DDP would be a waste for her. I really wanted to pay for everything for her, but she insists on paying for something, so this was a fair trade off. Am I rambling here? It sounds like I am.

On arrival night I thought it would be best to have dinner at 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella, Prince Charming and the Tremains. I love the food there and the interaction is priceless! I’ll make sure Mom has her Happy Birthday button on so that maybe Prince Charming will pay special attention to her. This will be a good night for it as it’s right there at GF and Mom will probably be tired from travelling all day. I just spoke with her on the phone and she wants to make sure to hit DTD sometime during the trip and ride the monorail. No worries, Mom. I’ll take care of those wishes, too!

We’ll be hitting Sci Fi Diner on Hollywood Studios day. Big surprise there, huh? That’s the family favorite and what we do every time.

O’Hana’s breakfast with Lilo & Stitch will be on a MK day. Mom will be with us for breakfast and then be heading back to the resort to enjoy while we go to the park.

Captain’s Grill at the Yacht Club will be the breakfast buffet will also be on a MK day. We’ve never tried this one before so I’m hoping it’s really yummy!

On our EPCOT day when Mom won’t be with us, we will be dining with Chip n Dale at the Garden Grill!!! I love me some Dale!!!

Chefs de France will be the EPCOT day when Mom will be with us. She can show off by speaking in French during the entire meal!

And finally, on departure day, we will be doing the usual Chef Mickey’s for breakfast. A favorite for everyone!!

I’m also planning on having this delivered to the room to celebrate her 75th birthday:

A celebration for two! Enjoy sparkling Banfi wine along with delicious Ghiradelli chocolates, cheese and crackers. Toast to the memories you are making on this trip with special glasses etched with Mickey Mouse silhouettes.

Doesn’t that sound wonderful? I just love those wine glasses even though I’ll probably never use them again. Oh, I suppose I could drink my Diet Coke in them! LOL! Fancy!!

So, I know what I want to do, it’s just a matter of waiting until the magic booking day on February 5th. After those plans are set I will be waiting until February 26th to make our flight arrangements as Southwest fall schedule doesn’t come out until that date. March 9th marks our ADR day. Then that L-O-N-G wait until the 60 day mark for FastPasses and Online Check-in ---- July 7th!! Wow! That seems like so far away! Of course between now and then Victoria and I have some concerts in Boston to go to: Halsey in April and Iggy Azalea in May. I know there will be little mini-trips to the coast and such during this time as well. I’m sure Peter will want to go camping (blech!) but we’ll go to please him. My gardening will be in full swing by then, too. Why does it seem so long this time around?? Ugh!

What a wonderful story and trip you've planned. Your mom sounds like a hoot. I also love reading about your chickens. We live in a city where technically I could have chickens but I don't want to anger my neighbors. ;) Sometimes I wish we lived in a rural area so I could raise chickens, goats, and maybe a pig but I really love our neighborhood and its conveniences. Looking forward to following your plans.

Mom is a real hoot at times…..seriously! It’s so funny how our chickens really have added entertainment to our lives. I’m sure some of our neighbors don’t like the crowing at 5am in the summer, but hey, we aren’t the only ones with roosters in the area. They all have their own little personalities so it’s really fun! Of course this time of year I don’t spend a lot of time outside with them, but in the summer I like to just sit outside on the swing and watch them free range.

Sounds like your mom is really great! Staying acting and volunteering so much at her age is so impressive - you must be so proud of all that she does.
Your parents really are a beautiful couple and they look so happy! Like Victoria, I went through a phase where I was obsessed with the Disney deaths and abandoned buildings (of course, I then had nightmares after reading about this stuff). Did you know that the Little Mermaid section & main hall (I think) of Art of Animation use the buildings originally build for the Legendary Years of Pop Century? I loved reading all about the cast ... you guys are definitely interesting characters, but also really fun!

Yeah, Mom is really great although, like all mothers and daughters, we have our moments. I am very proud of her for being so active at 74 years old. I know there may come a time when she won’t be as active, so I feel now is the best opportunity to have one last trip with her. If there ends up being more trips in the future, then great! I just don’t want to miss this chance with her. We are a pretty fun bunch, I think!

OH yes, I’m very much aware that AofA is where the Legendary Years of Pop Century were going to be. I have a video that someone shot of those buildings before construction of AofA began. It’s pretty creepy. I’ve started reading the Kingdom Keepers series and that can get a little unnerving as well. Especially when the dolls from IASW come to life…….

Awww, your mom is beautiful! You guys are going to have such a great time. As you know....I took my 86 year old Gram to the Grand this summer. Her first time to Disney, I wanted the best place for her. She loved it and being so close to everything was wonderful. Of course they decided to change the monorail hours just before we arrived, so we didn't get to use it very often. But the boat was great. I still like the Poly better and probably won't return to the GF, but it was the perfect place for our trip this year.

Thanks for the compliment, Suzi! Poly is your heart, I know! Were you going to do a trip report on this past year’s trip to GF??? If so, I’d love to read it, so get right on that, huh? LOL!!! Can you believe the freaking temps here in Maine lately? OMG!!! Where’s our January thaw anyways?? At least in this area we haven’t had all that much snow, so that’s a good thing!

The GF Villas look amazing. I hope I get the chance to check them out this Spring when we visit.

Your plans sound great. I know what you mean about doing the ADRs in pencil. I've probably changed mine at least a dozen times. :rotfl2:

It sounds like you are really making the effort to make sure your mom enjoys herself and you still get to do what you like.

That gift set is beautiful, your mom will love it! :goodvibes

The waiting must be super frustrating ... hopefully there will still be availability in 3 weeks!

With ADR booking being about 6 months before the trip ... I'm really a little surprised that Disney doesn't release the travel agent calendars (which to my understanding is what the crowd calendars use for park hours) earlier. Even if you're a travel agent and get the park calendars the day they come out, it's still only about a month until ADRs (less for people travelling early in the month), and for some people that's not enough time to decide!

I love that you did the math on the dining plan. I think a lot of people assume that it's a good idea to get the dining plan because it's "pre-paid," but it really doesn't make sense for some people. I think that as long as you're close to breaking even, it makes sense, even if it is a drop more. I actually priced it out for my next trip and realized that because we don't like to eat big meals and with appetizers, we're saving over $100 by not doing the dining plan, probably more - so definitely not for everyone, but if you eat the expensive stuff and will come close to breaking even or break even, it makes a lot of sense and is nice to have it pre-paid.

I know you always enjoy 1900 Park Fare, so I'm sure will be a great first ADR for your mom (especially because hopefully you won't have to leave the resort!). All the ADR choices look great!

The gift for your mom looks so nice - I'm sure she'll love it!

The GF Villas look amazing. I hope I get the chance to check them out this Spring when we visit. Your plans sound great. I know what you mean about doing the ADRs in pencil. I've probably changed mine at least a dozen times. :rotfl2: It sounds like you are really making the effort to make sure your mom enjoys herself and you still get to do what you like. That gift set is beautiful, your mom will love it! :goodvibes

They really do look amazing, don't they?? I hope you do get a chance to see them. I know we went in the model room when we joined, but it's all a blur now....I can't remember much! I should have taken pictures, but I never thought we'd actually be staying there. :rolleyes1 Yeah, I think we will ALL enjoy the wine, I mean gift set!!! ;)

The waiting must be super frustrating ... hopefully there will still be availability in 3 weeks! With ADR booking being about 6 months before the trip ... I'm really a little surprised that Disney doesn't release the travel agent calendars (which to my understanding is what the crowd calendars use for park hours) earlier. Even if you're a travel agent and get the park calendars the day they come out, it's still only about a month until ADRs (less for people travelling early in the month), and for some people that's not enough time to decide! I love that you did the math on the dining plan. I think a lot of people assume that it's a good idea to get the dining plan because it's "pre-paid," but it really doesn't make sense for some people. I think that as long as you're close to breaking even, it makes sense, even if it is a drop more. I actually priced it out for my next trip and realized that because we don't like to eat big meals and with appetizers, we're saving over $100 by not doing the dining plan, probably more - so definitely not for everyone, but if you eat the expensive stuff and will come close to breaking even or break even, it makes a lot of sense and is nice to have it pre-paid. I know you always enjoy 1900 Park Fare, so I'm sure will be a great first ADR for your mom (especially because hopefully you won't have to leave the resort!). All the ADR choices look great! The gift for your mom looks so nice - I'm sure she'll love it!

Oh the waiting is KILLING me, but I'm remaining hopeful! I really don't have a backup plan whatsoever as this is the only place to make Mom's dream come true! The only thing I could be flexible with is the dates, but then we'd be backing them up into August and I don't want to do that. We'll just wait and see....

Well, it only made sense to do the math on the dining plan. Heck, I do math all day long in my job so what's a few more calculations, right? I may rethink it again, as I know Peter doesn't usually order the most expensive thing on the menu, but even so, if he ordered a $20 entree, $3 soda, breakfast of about $10 with a $3 soda and lunch of about $15 - 20, his daily total would be roughly $56. Then if we add in a $4 snack and the benefit of the refillable mug $15 (I think) we are still better off by being on the plan. I really do think if a family does at least one table service per day, the plan is worth it. Ok. My rant is over.

Yep, like I said above, we will be enjoying Mom's gift......that's is if she shares!! ;)

Hi Ann! I have been sort of MIA for awhile!
How exciting that you and Peter bought DVC! I plan to join you in the next year or so but I have to finish saving ( I have a hard time enjoying vacation if I have to finance it). Anyway, you are such an awesome daughter and your mom is going to have such a ball at the Grand!pixiedust:
Our next trip is the usual time August, but this is the third child's graduation trip and she has been infatuated with the Grand since she was 9, so guess where we are staying (for at least half the trip).
I can't wait to read more!:cool1:

I’m booked…….I THINK…….(upcoming ramble…hang on!)
So you all know how I’ve been watching and watching the resort availability for the Grand Floridian Standard View for September 5 through 10th (checking out on the 11th)? Well, up until last week it was smooth sailing ---- all my days were available and I didn’t have to worry. I was all ready to book the entire trip on Thursday the 5th as that was exactly 7 months out from the first date of our stay. Yay! Nope. Would you believe all the days were available EXCEPT SUNDAY THE 6TH??!!! WHA???? I then looked for lake view --- yes, it would be using more points, but who cares, I need to make this trip happen! The 6th WAS available but not the 5th for lakeview! Are you kidding me? I ended up not booking anything on the 5th. I went home and wallowed in my misery and invited Peter and Victoria to wallow with me. Yeah, that solves a lot, doesn’t it? Peter suggested staying longer starting on the 6th or 7th. No, honey, see there’s a monkey wrench in that plan. Victoria and I have to be in Boston on September 12th for a One Direction concert. Ugh!! Tickets for that concert were $350 and I’m not about to lose another $350 (remember Playlist anyone??). Victoria states she would be willing to cancel the 1D concert for this trip to FL. Ok, but we bought the tickets from StubHub and you can’t just cancel and get a refund. You can cancel, but your tickets have to be purchased from someone else in order for you to get your money back. Yeah, not like Ticketmaster! We’ve agreed to try to sell those tickets, so it will give us a little wiggle room. Victoria just called me to let me know the tickets are already posted. Yay!
That brings us to today. I again checked availability and Lakeview was available from the 6th through the 11th! YAY!! It’s more points, but totally worth it. I did go online and made a Waitlist for Standard View from September 5th through the 11th (departing on the 11th) so if magically the 6th should appear available for the standard view I will have a shot at getting it and all the other days on one reservation. I wasn’t able to book the lakeview online as it was saying I didn’t have enough points. What I didn’t realize is that I had to make sure all of my 2014 points were banked before I could make the ressie. I ended up calling Member Services and spoke with an awesome CM Brian who tried to book the Lake view for me. Um, nope, the computers weren’t letting him do it. He will have to send it to his supervisor to work it out for me. Brian did ASSURE me that my room was on hold and that I can’t lose it. I know that was supposed to make me feel better, but I still have nothing until they email me the ressie confirmation number. I’m still pretty nervous about it.
The benefits of having the wait list come through is that it would be standard view (less points) and all in one ressie. (one set of Magic Bands – less to mess up). The way it currently is, I would have to book standard view for the 5th for the first ressie and then change rooms for the second ressie for a lakeview room. 2 ressies = 2 sets of Magic Bands and changing rooms after getting all settled in on Night One. I’m also planning on purchasing the Dining Plan, so how is that going to work with all this??? I know, I know……be grateful I am staying at the Grand at all!!! But I just thought having the DVC was going to make this all easier!? Now I’m just waiting on the ressie confirmation email…..grrrr…….Once I have that I will go ahead and book standard for the 5th. I don’t want to do it now as to not mess up the system before the 6th through the 11th are in place.
Did you all understand that??! Ugh! I’m still trying to wrap my head around all of this DVC stuff. It can be quite confusing.
Southwest will be announcing their Fall flights on February 19th, so I’m hoping and praying that our tax refund will be in by then. See, goobertron me transposed the numbers on my checking account so that when the IRS sent the check electronically to my bank, the bank refused it and back to the IRS it went. Grrrrrrr! I did get notification today that the paper check will be mailed on February 12th so if all goes well, the check should be here and in the bank by the 19th so I can book the flights. I swear it’s just been a comedy of errors lately. I really wanted to update and say everything is all hunky-dory, but alas, I cannot.
I’ve been going back and forth on the Tables in Wonderland card vs Disney Dining Plan. I’ve run some numbers and I think we’d be ahead by at least $200 if we went with the TiW card, but when I brought this up to Peter, he thinks the convenience of the DDP outweighs the benefits of the card. Whatever. I think I can at least give him this one decision. ONLY one decision, though! Hee! Hee!
In other news, would anyone care for 48 + inches of snow. Yep, that’s what the experts say we have on the ground right now and we are expecting another storm on Monday. I don’t know how everyone else in the snowy states feel, but enough is enough already!!! Geez!!

Following along. i think it is great your doing this trip for your mom. The plans you have look great. I hope you will be able to get the standard room for the 5th. I am sending you extrapixiedust:just to increase your odds.

I'm so excited for you that you get to stay at Grand Floridian! I know it was important to get this for your mom, so I'm glad you'll be able to stay there!
Fingers crossed that the Standard View opens up!

More snow? Hasn't there been enough?
We actually had unexpected (to me at least) snow today, but thankfully it was only a coating and was gone a few hours later.
But seriously, hasn't there been enough snow this winter to last like 5 winters???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter