(UPD 8/29) Tales of the Tweedles & Other Spazzjazzerit PHM '15 Cupcake Adventures

Nicole- I'm sorry you had a bad half. Hopefully the future is much better. I'm positive you can and will do better.

Nicole--I'm so sorry your run wasn't what you wanted, but you FINISHED and that's AMAZING!! Don't be so hard on yourself, you did an awesome job!

Nicole - You finished and that in itself is awesome. I do understand feeling bad about it as it really echoes some of my thoughts I had at Star Wars. You'll have a better race at Wine & Dine next year :)

Oh Nicole, I'm so sorry to hear you had a rough half!! Hopefully next year (or your next half) will be much better!

Karen -- loving your report, too!

I'm curious -- how were the crowds of people while running? Did people stop short a lot? I'm worried about running it because I like to run straight most of the time. I'm afraid there will be too many people and I'll be frustrated. Did you find that was an issue? Or just at certain points?

Thanks!! :)

This answer is complicated because there are many factors. I've talked to a lot of people and here's my personal opinion...

First, it will depend on YOUR definition of crowded. Just like when you are at Disney, some people can find ANY number of people to be crowded and others you need to be shoulder to shoulder.

What I believe to be the biggest factor though is corral placement. I have been in corral F and corral G for the PHM and didn't find it too crowded at all. I have heard from people in farther back corrals during the exact same race, that it was VERY crowded, so I think it really does have to do with where you are at. It's also important that you are in the corral that is proper for your speed, I think if you are a runner who doesn't submit a time and ends up in a back corral having to weave around a ton of walkers, it would feel very crowded.

I only felt like it was tight in certain short areas of the course during both races, but never bottle neck or slower than I wanted to go, like I have heard other people talk about.

Tweedle, Oh how I wish wish wish you had a better half! It sucked to have such a great race after last year and then know you were in the same boat as I had been! BUT...it gives me hope because I KNOW you will come back and have an amazing race next time and get over this injury! I KNOW IT. I BELIEVE IN THE TWEEDLE POWER!!! :lovestruc

I hope. I still am not believing it at this point as my injury still hurts when I attempt to run. But, like you said, there is Tweedle power! And, of course, the magical power of water drinking....... :drinking: and squirrels. :squirrel: And even a pug. Wait, where the h#ll did the pug go? Oh there he is...... pug: Plus look- I remembered RED. Miracles do happen!

TweedleNicole - Sorry to hear your injury made you not have the race you wanted. It's still good that you were able to finish, even if it meant walking - it may not have been the race you wanted, but you finished, and I'm so proud of your for fighting through and crossing the finish line! Now you have to follow TweedleBossy's lead and go back next year to have a PR! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Thanks! :goodvibes I think the biggest bummer for me is that I really trained hard for this. And gave up a lot of personal time with my kids to train. And so when that was all for naught- it was really a kick in my booty.

I had run Wine & Dine in 2013 so at least I already had my '1/2' under my belt. I just wanted this one to be better!

You guys are so inspiring with your half marathons and 10K's. I know it wasn't all smiles for everyone but you guys are awesome for doing it and getting out there!!

Thanks! Having a great group of pushers helps so much! I was so thankful to have stumbled into the cupcakes! :thumbsup2

Oh Nicole, I'm so sorry to hear you had a rough half!! Hopefully next year (or your next half) will be much better!

I'm curious -- how were the crowds of people while running? Did people stop short a lot? I'm worried about running it because I like to run straight most of the time. I'm afraid there will be too many people and I'll be frustrated. Did you find that was an issue? Or just at certain points?

As Karen mentioned, corral placement was the biggest factor in a super crowded race vs. a semi-crowded race. I will say, having had run Wine & Dine in 2013- that Princess seemed MUCH more congested (I think only 15K ran Wine & Dine vs like 20K for Princess?) Also, the Princess course takes you on more narrow paths (vs. Wine & Dine) and that contributed. I didn't have any jam going through the castle, but I know just a little bit behind me, it took FOREVER to just WALK through the castle because it was so backed up. Overall, putting my injury aside, I was frustrated at the congestion at this race compared to when I ran Wine & Dine. It was/is just a very crowded race & if you sign up- you have to be prepared for that. Unless you are in one of the very first corrals, you likely will get backed up somewhere, at some point.......

Nicole- I'm sorry you had a bad half. Hopefully the future is much better. I'm positive you can and will do better.

Thanks. As they say in Tomorrowland "there's a great big beautiful tomorrow.. shining at the end of every day!!!" :sunny:

Nicole--I'm so sorry your run wasn't what you wanted, but you FINISHED and that's AMAZING!! Don't be so hard on yourself, you did an awesome job!

I am always hard on myself- my own worst critic. That's my nature! Thankfully I had my cupcakes all around me to cheer me up and still make the rest of everything outside those few hours of the half- absolutely amazing!

Nicole - You finished and that in itself is awesome. I do understand feeling bad about it as it really echoes some of my thoughts I had at Star Wars. You'll have a better race at Wine & Dine next year

Yhea. I did finish & that was my end goal. Just not how I wanted. And you are right- W&D will be awesome! And I can not wait..........

Following! I've always wanted to run at Disney, but I'm definitely a non-runner. I'm working toward changing that though and think a run at Disney will be the perfect motivation! Love your trip report!

Sorry, it's been a while since I joined in, but you ladies haven't been changing the update status, so I didn't think posts were being updated.

Just want to say that anyone that goes for 13 miles deserves a medal. Don't be so hard on yourself Nicole. I've done a few 5 K "runs" and while I guess I enjoyed myself I was relieved everytime they were finished. Couldn't imagine doing a half-marathon. (I have bad knees, so running is almost impossible for more than maybe 1/4 mile stretch. Plus I HATE it so much!) Anyways - hope you get another chance once you are healed up.

And congrats to Tweedle Karen on that personal best. I do have to admit after watching your pictures if I ever were going to run in a race, the Disney race looks like WAAYYY more fun than a typical race.

OMG!!!! You have given me so many updates to comment on. I’m really mad at the Dis as it’s not telling me when an update is posted even though I have the instant email notifications on. Grrr!! Anyways…..who really cares if the activities are in order ---- the main thing is you did them and documented them, so it’s all good.

Of course the Tweeds had to match! I mean, is there a question at all? I too take photographic evidence just to keep the story straight! Especially when I forget or get too lazy to journal!Nice hamming it up for the photos on Main Street. Gosh darn right I’d be hamming it up too if I had all that bling around my neck!!

Would you believe my goal this trip around is to visit the Tangled bathrooms? Yep, I’ve walked by but never had the need to use them. Apparently my bladder holds more than Nicole’s hahahaha!! What a wonderful picture of you two with the haunted carriage. Oh you look so serious ---- it’s amazing!! I love the food at Columbia!!! One of my favorites but it’s definitely not for the veggie sandwich…..remember how much I LOVE veggies?? Yeah, neither do I!!

I must admit, I’m with Nicole on how unimpressed I was with 7DMT. Sorry, but the ride is way too tame and too short for me. I also feel jipped as when we rode it last September there wasn’t any video or pics. Tweedles on a train ---- that would have been a great TR title!!! Nice pictures while on the train!!! You also got really nice photos on Pirates! Mine always come out a blurry mess!!!

Where oh where is my picture with the giraffe tongue?? Did you not tell him I would be viewing your pictures??!! Hmmmmm, I’ll just have to talk to him myself next April! I am glad to read that you had a nice relaxing afternoon in the hot tub talking with Jessica. A hot tub sounds FANTASTIC at this point since it’s only 50 degrees and rainy here.

What a wonderful night at Via!!! The Cupcake friend group certainly does know how to have fun, don’t they?? I’m so glad you got to run with Cammy. That was so nice!!

Ugh, you were up way too early for me!! Wow! I’m amazed at your determination and I absolutely LOVE that times tattoo you had for your wrist. Now that’s cool!

I loved all the race photos and description of your race. What a difference from last year! I’m so proud of you and how you did! I love how they have the photographers all around to get those awesome shots!!!

Now for my poor Nicole……I would have never guessed that running on a track could injure you like it did. I feel so bad!!! I must admit though you are an exceptional actress as you were smiling in all those pictures!! That’s something I don’t think I could have pulled off so well!! Just think ---- you made it through!!! I think I would have been in the medic’s tent LONG before you, girl!!! I am very, very proud of you and all that hard work you put into the race. Both of you are amazing!!!

This answer is complicated because there are many factors. I've talked to a lot of people and here's my personal opinion...

First, it will depend on YOUR definition of crowded. Just like when you are at Disney, some people can find ANY number of people to be crowded and others you need to be shoulder to shoulder.

What I believe to be the biggest factor though is corral placement. I have been in corral F and corral G for the PHM and didn't find it too crowded at all. I have heard from people in farther back corrals during the exact same race, that it was VERY crowded, so I think it really does have to do with where you are at. It's also important that you are in the corral that is proper for your speed, I think if you are a runner who doesn't submit a time and ends up in a back corral having to weave around a ton of walkers, it would feel very crowded.

I only felt like it was tight in certain short areas of the course during both races, but never bottle neck or slower than I wanted to go, like I have heard other people talk about.

Thanks so much for your answer! :) I run about a 10:30 pace so I shouldn't be too too far back. THANKS! And LOVING your report. :)

Thanks so much for your answer! :) I run about a 10:30 pace so I shouldn't be too too far back. THANKS! And LOVING your report. :)

10:30 was the 10K pace I submitted! In 2014 when I was just doing the half, that put me in corral F. In 2015, I was back one (b/c they push the GSC people back a corral or two because they assume they will be going a bit slower) and in corral G. :thumbsup2

10:30 was the 10K pace I submitted! In 2014 when I was just doing the half, that put me in corral F. In 2015, I was back one (b/c they push the GSC people back a corral or two because they assume they will be going a bit slower) and in corral G. :thumbsup2

Oh, good to know they push GSC people back a corral. That makes sense. I'm considering the GSC...it will definitely give me good motivation to train for it!

Following! I've always wanted to run at Disney, but I'm definitely a non-runner. I'm working toward changing that though and think a run at Disney will be the perfect motivation! Love your trip report!

Hi! :welcome:Running at Disney is the BEST place to run. Esp. for the non-runners! (me!). It motivates you TO run!! ;) Princess is a good starting race for runners because you could always do the 10K. That is a good starting distance/goal for a brand new runner!

Sorry, it's been a while since I joined in, but you ladies haven't been changing the update status, so I didn't think posts were being updated.

Just want to say that anyone that goes for 13 miles deserves a medal. Don't be so hard on yourself Nicole. I've done a few 5 K "runs" and while I guess I enjoyed myself I was relieved everytime they were finished. Couldn't imagine doing a half-marathon. (I have bad knees, so running is almost impossible for more than maybe 1/4 mile stretch. Plus I HATE it so much!) Anyways - hope you get another chance once you are healed up.

And congrats to Tweedle Karen on that personal best. I do have to admit after watching your pictures if I ever were going to run in a race, the Disney race looks like WAAYYY more fun than a typical race.

We have been horrible slackers over here on this TR.. I know... (it's mostly me- I take responsibility)

Running is so hard on a person's body. I think any sports doctor will tell you that. And I think some people are just better built for it than others. I fall in the latter category combined with I don't like it. I don't feel like a half is in my reach again yet.. but maybe I got one or two more in me yet! :)

OMG!!!! You have given me so many updates to comment on. I’m really mad at the Dis as it’s not telling me when an update is posted even though I have the instant email notifications on. Grrr!! Anyways…..who really cares if the activities are in order ---- the main thing is you did them and documented them, so it’s all good.

We have been really bad with updating this as well- so it's not just the DIS fault! :) Gotta knock it out because I know Karen wants to start a PTR for her Mother/Daughter report. And I still woudl like to find a way to sneak in my Hawaii adventures.

Would you believe my goal this trip around is to visit the Tangled bathrooms? Yep, I’ve walked by but never had the need to use them. Apparently my bladder holds more than Nicole’s hahahaha!!

I like to collect pins. And they need a pin that says "I know where every single bathroom in the 'world' is & I have visited it!" A mosquito's bladder holds more than mine! :) Just ask Karen. Or Cap't Kill Joy.

Now for my poor Nicole……I would have never guessed that running on a track could injure you like it did. I feel so bad!!! I must admit though you are an exceptional actress as you were smiling in all those pictures!! That’s something I don’t think I could have pulled off so well!! Just think ---- you made it through!!! I think I would have been in the medic’s tent LONG before you, girl!!! I am very, very proud of you and all that hard work you put into the race. Both of you are amazing!!!

I was really bummed that I trained so hard for that injury to occur. I would have been better able to take it if I hadn't been so good with training..... ugg. Whatever- in the past.... and I at least I was in DISNEY running injured. Better than anywhere else!

Happy Orange is the New Black Day! Anyone else cerebrating the Litchfield Prison System today?! I've been waiting a whole year for today!! But you, my faithful readers, are more important and so I will update first. (okay, that's a lie. Not that I don't love you all- but the reality is that I'm at work and I can't watch OITNB but I can sneak an update in). But I still love you all. But don't bother me this weekend. Hahahaha!

So my half recap is done. And I can get back to the joyfulness of the rest of the trip. With running DONE- it's time to get our cupcake on!!!

So I last left you sobbing in the shower. Chin up Buttercup- get past it and move on! Tweedlebossy (who has a new name now but DIS will probably bleep it out) went down to grab food while I finished my shower. I wandered down to grab food when I was done as well from Mara. I have no idea what I ate. I could make it up, which is kinda the theme of this TR at this point since neither of us are remembering details. A Choose your own adventure sort of finish. I wonder if I can get sharks into the ending somehow? Hmm.. gonna think on that one!

Our plan was to run to Epcot for a drink at the Cave. So we got on a bus and went there. (I know this is edge of your seat excitement right now).

At Epcot, what did the TweedlePhotohogs do? Did we find a heart to pose with again? No, I wish... not to be... no more hearts. A giant golf ball will have to do!

I can not find a picture of us together with the golf ball- did we take one? OMG- the shark probably ate it. That's what happened to it.

From there we stopped at MouseGears for a purchase for TweedleBossy's baby girl. It might be a secret to baby girl but this purchase liked warm hugs and so didn't want to be left in a bag- so he joined us in our drinking/cupcake adventures. Shh, don't tell anyone Olaf is a lush.

Our sole goal at Epcot was a margarita. And so we headed back to Mexico to get one. I had NEVER EVER been to the Cave (Tweedlebossylushy has an annual pass there). I was so excited to try it. It was very, very busy and so Tweedlebossy passed time taking pictures (shocker!)

"Look at all these pretty bottles" says lushes everywhere.

We ordered our drinks. I'd like to pretend I remember what I ordered. But I don't. Nor do I remember what Karen ordered. But they looked like this.

Maybe mine was Blood Orange? I dunno. It was really, really, really, REALLY good.

And we have a bad selfie to prove it!

I would like to point out the Tweedles matching glasses & in an effort to not ever stay on track and actually finish this trip report... say not long after the Half weekend I got a new pair of glasses. A bit bigger . And wouldn't you know it.... not a few weeks after that I noticed TweedleBossy got new ones too- that look,ahem, just like my new ones! You can't bust up Tweedleness!

Uh. Where was I? Oh. Drinking. Anyways, Mr. Warm Hugs had to b#tt his big white rear and try to drink all our $hiz.

Mooch.

And then I think we realized we better get out of Epcot to run to MK to get pictures in front of a castle before we met up with the rest of the cupcakes at our cupcake crawl!

This entailed, of course, a stop at the Oddessy bathrooms for TweedleSmallBladder. Tweedlebossy looked at Mr. Warm Hugs and told him she was fed up and maybe they should just leave me behind.. but Mr. Warm Hugs said "no wait for her!" I think it's because he was banking on more free drinks being the mooch he is. Or he was scared of the sharks that surrounded us at that restroom area.

In small time, we eventually made our way out and over to Magic Kingdom. Purpose was singular. Get a picture in front of the castle with the medals. On our way!

And there are approx 9 million pics of us in front of the castle. Which I will select a few and I'm sure Karen will post more!

Wait, um..here's a cloud picture Karen took on Main Street

Scratch that, I see Karen's head in it. Which means she handed me her camera to take a picture of her and I randomly misfired a picture into the sky. That's what Tweedles do. That's logic.

Medal/Castle Pics.

This saying is misleading on my picture. It should say "Where dreams are shattered on an indoor track". But alas- this will have to do. Least Tinkerbell is in it..and I do like Tinkerbell.

Where THIS Tweedle's dream did come true! Yhea!

A pic together- of the world's most awesomest Tweedles!

I'm ready for my close up- Mr. DeMille-

I also know Karen took an awesome picture of the medals somewhere near the castle that was beautiful.. but I can't find it & I'm sure she knows exactly where it is so she can post it when she has time. If I remember (and perhaps I'm making this up in my brain) it was was really beautiful!

When we were done with pics, we were already late to the cupcake meet up.

We headed to the monorails and I feel like they were down? Did we take the ferry to the Transportation Center? I don't remember..... We must have. And then I made Karen walk to the Poly from there and her response was "W T F" You know, not like we just have run/walked about 60 miles at this point in the weekend. What's a little more? Sheesh. And I was the injured one!

I mean it's just 'thattaway"

After much complaining. We made it.

And I think there were like 2 people there at that time. (and we were late!). I may again be making this up.. but was it Gretchen, Sandi & Kendra that were there? Anyways, to kill time.. I wasn't passing up my favorite treat that they sold RIGHT THERE and that some people (TWEEDLEBOSSY) had never had.

I set off to locate, purchase and buy this baby. (and such a stunning picture of me!)

DOLE WHIP BABY!

I think I shared. Maybe I didn't. All I know is somewhere in there we discovered we were waiting out in the lobby like idiots while the rest of everyone was actually in the eatery getting cupcakes (the purpose). Doh.

And that is where I shall leave off.. and save "the Cupcake adventures" for the next post!

Well, TECHNICALLY there were only a few of us there! Remember? Some of the cupcakes were already in Captain Hooks eating Cupcakes without us!

Yes, Ferry. The monorail was down, we saw them bringing a person out on a stretcher and a woman in a wheelchair? We thought we were going to be late and then you made me WALK! :rolleyes:

Oh yes, it's all in your mind, that beautiful picture! There's some the next day on the balcony of AKL but alas, we were in such a hurry that I completely forgot to get beautiful medal pics by the castle! WHY DIDN'T YOU REMIND ME?!?! :sad:

I want to see your bigger glasses! I cannot believe we both got new glasses that match! Tweedle logic. My kids say they are hipster glasses. :laughing:

I'm glad you did an update, I'm still reeling from stripping for Ed Sheeran! :bitelip:

Oh yes, it's all in your mind, that beautiful picture! There's some the next day on the balcony of AKL but alas, we were in such a hurry that I completely forgot to get beautiful medal pics by the castle! WHY DIDN'T YOU REMIND ME?!?!

Wow, really, there's isn't one? Why does the image exist in my brain? Hmmm... okay then! I really am making up this TR as I go along!

I'm glad you did an update, I'm still reeling from stripping for Ed Sheeran!

Tweedlefloosy

Boy I didn't know Olaf was an alcoholic haha. Looks like you guys had a great day so far. Love all of your pictures in front of the castle. That dole whip picture makes me jealous I didn't get to have one last trip.cant wait to hear about the cupcake adventures.

Boy I didn't know Olaf was an alcoholic haha. Looks like you guys had a great day so far. Love all of your pictures in front of the castle. That dole whip picture makes me jealous I didn't get to have one last trip.cant wait to hear about the cupcake adventures.

Olaf is a total lush. It's all that tropical dreaming- makes him have a drink in hand!

I :love: Dole Whips so much! That's why I wasn't sure I shared... (I think I did).

Great update! I love your idea to get over to MK right away and take pics with the medals...such awesome memories those will be!! Your drinks and Dole Whip look great too...I haven't tried one yet either but hope to fix that on my next trip!

Orange is the new black!!!! I can't decide if I should just start watching, limit myself to one episode a day, or wait until I can spend a weekend binge watching.....I'm sure it's not healthy to be so addicted to a show, huh?

I love all the medals pictures! You both did tweedletastic!

Oh....dole whip.....not sure I would have shared either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter