• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(UPD 8/29) Tales of the Tweedles & Other Spazzjazzerit PHM '15 Cupcake Adventures

Seems like a good safari--even if you only had one cheek on the seat! :rotfl: You all are having a lot of fun for one chilly morning! Oh, and I like the rule that you have to have a snack at each park!!

OMG more suspense about whether or not you got on EE? THIS IS KILLING ME!!!! I must know!

At least you got some coffee/goodies and a ride on the safari ... or half-off the safari ...
Sad that the animals weren't out (I hate when that happens) ... but I guess, unlike Elsa, the cold bothers them...

Seems like a good safari--even if you only had one cheek on the seat! :rotfl: You all are having a lot of fun for one chilly morning! Oh, and I like the rule that you have to have a snack at each park!!

I thought it was a perfect rule! :rolleyes:

OMG more suspense about whether or not you got on EE? THIS IS KILLING ME!!!! I must know!

At least you got some coffee/goodies and a ride on the safari ... or half-off the safari ...
Sad that the animals weren't out (I hate when that happens) ... but I guess, unlike Elsa, the cold bothers them...

I'll tell you a secret...you may have QUITE A FEW more updates before you find out if we rode it on our 4-parks-1-day adventures! :scratchin

Ah man, here I am leaving all the heavy lifting to my Tweedle again! After tonight my schedule clears. Maybe just maybe I can remember to get an update in and pull my weight around here!! Hey, least I remembered red today! That's progress.

I changed my avatar because I miss my Tweedle! :hug:

Awww.... :goodvibes I miss my tweedle too! I want a reunion... sooner than next November.

It was about this time that I reminded my Tweedle the RULES we had set up to our 4-parks-one-day bonanza. We were required to ride at least 2 rides and have 1 snack in each park we visited. This was clearly a good time for a snack as well. :teacher: Tweedle conveniently forgot these rules, but I was positive we had said we had to eat at each park! :rolleyes1

so that's just what I did! It's the RULES!

Um... :o... I'm having vague recollections of that being mentioned...now that you mention it. I got so thrown off plan due to EE drama. That's what I'm blaming it on.. yup.. not a faulty memory.. rather.. Disney itself and it's inability to have EE running this morning!

Uh yeah, this doesn't really even accurately show how squeezed into the seat we were! I only had half a butt on the actual seat, which was fine until we started bouncing around and I thought I might fall out of the vehicle and be eaten by lions! :laughing: I don't actually have irrational fears about being eaten by lions, I leave that kind of fearmongoring to my tweedle and the sharks

Yhea.. well.. we all know how my shark fearmongoring turned out.. I let down my guard and my children almost did get eaten by a shark in Hawaii. (wow, did I raise the drama (ehem... embellish)on that OR WHAT?). I'm building a client base for my Hawaii TR that will never happen. Hahahaha!

I don't remember ever laughing this much on safari!

Truly one of my favorite memories of the trip. So, so funny. I miss ya'all so much! Wish we all lived closer- imagine the great laughs we'd all have all the time!

Even funnier than the 5 butts on one seat..was Karen trying to take those pictures. It required acts of contortion. (spelling?)
You mean, the rule I broke by the very first park I was in? Rule breaker, that's me!!! :squirrel: (I really like the squirrel. I'm just sayin'. The most useless, best emoticon ever! I mean I thought it was this...:banana:...but then they go an add squirrel. And now I'm in :love: with a :squirrel:)

I honestly wasn't even looking at the animals. Between laughing at being squeezed in & laughing at Karen trying to take pictures... why bother with animals? We were our own show!

Aren't vacations in Florida supposed to be warm? Marathon weekend and princess weekend were quite chilly. Rules are rules! I agree with the PP it's quite suspenseful if you got on EE or not. You had some good safari pictures tho.

Aren't vacations in Florida supposed to be warm? Marathon weekend and princess weekend were quite chilly. Rules are rules! I agree with the PP it's quite suspenseful if you got on EE or not. You had some good safari pictures tho.

It was still way warmer than home and it did start to warm up a bit, but I was slightly disappointed with my lack of sunshiny-pool time on BOTH my February trips to Orlando this year! Next time I will be there will be April 2016, and I'm guessing it will be slightly warmer! ;)

More on our mission to ride our favorite ride, coming right up!

I seem to be on a bit of a roll with the updates! I'm fine with this only because if I go too very long, I will forget it all! I'll leave the title of this update to my Tweedle, I'm sure she can come up with something far more witty than me for the trip the Tweedles were about to embark on!

Meh, embark may not be the best word, but I'm at a loss now.

Time was a-tickin' and we had 3 more parks to get to! Pleased as punch that EE was running and the standby line was only 30 minutes, we happily skipped our way into the queue.

Selfies were in order! This was a happy occasion!

GSC%20143.jpg

One-eyed Tammie! :laughing:

Happy Happy Tweedles!
GSC%20144.jpg

GSC%20142.jpg

Up, up, up we'll go!

GSC%20145.jpg

RIGHT????

WRONG. :sad2:

We were not in line but 5 minutes and there was some sort of announcement (hard to hear) that they were shutting back down. W. T. F. !!!!?!?!?!??! :sad:

Most everyone in the queue turned around and headed out. Including some VERY very sad Tweedles...

GSC%20146.jpg

How could this happen?!? Our perfectly laid plans were crumbling before us. Not only were we not getting to ride our favorite ride EVER, but we didn't get in our required 2 rides at this park (ahem...we'll try to forget that TweedleDum didn't eat a snack here either! ) :p and now we realized in our preoccupation with riding EE that our FP's to Toy Story at DHS were over in a mere 40 minutes! We realized we needed to book it out of the park asap...but not before stopping for some Cupcake pics in front of the Tree of Life!

GSC%20147.jpg

GSC%20148.jpg

AK_TREE_7197301275.jpeg

GSC%20149.jpg

AK_TREE_7197301279.jpeg

AK_TREE_7197301272.jpeg

Tweedles still all smiles b/c we're at Disneyworld!

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Animal_Kingdom_Park_7226080131.jpg

RAWR!

AK_TREE_7197301271.jpeg

Then we RAN. At some point on this trip we realized we were doing a LOT of running (this was before the races) :rolleyes:

I remember I kept thinking THIS IS THE LAST TIME we'll feel rushed and have to run...but it never was the last time. The Tweedles booked it to the DHS bus area and waited. and waited. We had bid our farewell to the Cupcakes and hoped to meet with them at DHS, they were headed back to the room for something, I think. We had a date with TSM that I was unwilling to let go of. Now, before you start thinking that I could change our FP+ time, remember this is TSM and that's just not a possibility. I pulled up the app and there were no FP's left to change it to.

So, we had just been jipped out of our favorite ride and now were in a mad rush to get to yet another ride! Tweedles were having a rash of bad luck. Would things ever look up? Would things get worse? Would there be more running? Would we EVER ride EE? Would anyone face-plant on the concrete??? :rolleyes1

More suspense! I know it's killing you.

AND, you are going to have to wait for TweedleDum at this point because she's a better storyteller than I and I think the next update should be hers to tell. You'll see why! ;)

Last edited:
The SUSPENSE!! That's such a bummer about EE! I've never had that happen -- usually it's a pretty reliable ride. I'm so sorry you had to miss you.

And Karen, how could you not eat a snack in each park?! lol I love that goal. 2 rides and a snack seems like a perfectly reasonable and fun goal to achieve. Hope the day got better for you guys!

Boy EE was having some problems that day. Can't wait to hear if you made the most out of the rest of the day.

Man! What is with EE?!!?

I can't wait to hear what happens next! I really hope no one has an encounter with the side walk. The suspense!

Oh no!! What a bummer!! I hope you made it after all that to your next FP+....that exact thing is the annoying thing about the new system...sigh. Crossing my fingers that you made it!

The SUSPENSE!! That's such a bummer about EE! I've never had that happen -- usually it's a pretty reliable ride. I'm so sorry you had to miss you.

And Karen, how could you not eat a snack in each park?! lol I love that goal. 2 rides and a snack seems like a perfectly reasonable and fun goal to achieve. Hope the day got better for you guys!

Right?! It only makes sense to have a snack in every park. ;) It's ok, TweedleDum got onboard with the snacks at the next park!

Boy EE was having some problems that day. Can't wait to hear if you made the most out of the rest of the day.

I don't think I've ever experienced issues like this with EE, so we were pretty surprised and disappointed.

Wow - more drama than the new Marvel movie!

I KNOW! Disney should pay us Tweedles millions of dollars for our trip report, we've got drama, booze, and cupcakes all wrapped up with a Disney bow here. :p

Man! What is with EE?!!?

I can't wait to hear what happens next! I really hope no one has an encounter with the side walk. The suspense!

You'll just have to wait and see, although I wouldn't suggest holding your breath to find out!! :laughing:

Oh no!! What a bummer!! I hope you made it after all that to your next FP+....that exact thing is the annoying thing about the new system...sigh. Crossing my fingers that you made it!

Yep, in the olden-days we could have just grabbed a FP when we needed one! It can be convenient to change a FP on the fly with my phone at times where there's no line and I want to ride something not as popular, but the headliners are always gone, so being able to change them isn't really possible!

I KNOW! Disney should pay us Tweedles millions of dollars for our trip report, we've got drama, booze, and cupcakes all wrapped up with a Disney bow here. :p

Sorry, I called Hollywood. You have too many women in your story and not nearly enough guns. Hollywood won't listen to my pitch. (Sad but true.)

Unless...I can get Kristan Wiig and Melissa McCarthy attached! But they won't return my calls. Darn restraining orders.

My almost 13 year old found out about the 2016 trip and informed me 'that she is coming, she doesn't care what I say!'

I told her good luck with that. It wasn't happening. :)

Yeah, Eli won't be excited that I will go without him. The thing that will save me some grief is that it will be deer season. :) Hopefully Doug will be able to be home to take him hunting and he won't even know I'm gone! :smooth:

Me too! I'm so excited for it, I can't wait to run a night race! It's going to be challenging for me as I'm normally in bed by 9pm. :rolleyes: I've already figured out my costume! :rotfl:

I wanted so badly to run W&D last year and it filled up before I could really talk to Doug about it. I hope that the Osbourne lights are still part of the course! Why doesn't it surprise me that you are already brainstorming a costume? :sunny:

I have made it a personal goal to NOT be a TweedleSlacker anymore. Today is the day I will contribute!!! I will. I will.

One-eyed Tammie! :laughing:

I :love:one-eye Tammie. She's so, so awesome! :squirrel:

We realized we needed to book it out of the park asap...but not before stopping for some Cupcake pics in front of the Tree of Life!

Because only Tweedles STOP to take endless amounts of pictures when on a tight deadline! :rolleyes:

ahem...we'll try to forget that TweedleDum didn't eat a snack here either!

THE SHAMING!!!!! THE GUILT!!! The good news is TweedleDum rarely forgets to ever eat copious amounts of $hit that she shouldn't! So it was a minor setback!

And Karen, how could you not eat a snack in each park?!

Nah, this one was all me. Not Karen. I am the guilty one!

Was it ever! Don't they know this was NOT IN THE PLANS for two Type A Tweedle Planners?

Man! What is with EE?!!?

EE is being a butthead. That's what is up! I promise to get an update out today. I don't want anyone to have to live with this suspense!

I'll update today to let you know!

Ummmmm I'm not good with Cliffhangers...........

Me either. This is the exact reason I wait for entire TV shows to be over & done before binge watching on Netflix or Prime!

Yeah, Eli won't be excited that I will go without him. The thing that will save me some grief is that it will be deer season. :) Hopefully Doug will be able to be home to take him hunting and he won't even know I'm gone!

Good plan Brandy.. good plan! :thumbsup2

Me either. This is the exact reason I wait for entire TV shows to be over & done before binge watching on Netflix or Prime!

Aren't you crazyexcited about June 12th?!?!? :yay: (I looked for some orange and black smilies but there really aren't any) :darth::headache: That's as close as I can get?? :teeth:

When do you leave for your mother/daughter trip?!?! It's in a few weeks, yes??!?!? :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter