(New TR Link) Yo Ho, Yo Ho- Rum and Sharks for Me!An Eastern Fantasy TR May 31-June 7

Ah my Tweedle, I will hold your hand and we can wade in together...or just skip off singing to ourselves! ;)

Those sharks were just out there mocking you, biding their time...

your shark obsession cracks me up! :rotfl2:

Our cupcake group is much smaller... so I think I will be fine. But we can still totally hold hands and skip in singing... I'm totally down with that!

I am thinking there may need to be some drunken shark pictures at the Seas. Just for giggles and grins!

Our cupcake group is much smaller... so I think I will be fine. But we can still totally hold hands and skip in singing... I'm totally down with that!

I am thinking there may need to be some drunken shark pictures at the Seas. Just for giggles and grins!

I think I may need to make a masterlist of all the drunken photos we are taking because I already cannot remember them all and we haven't even started drinking yet! ;)

Me, I stick to who I know when I am in a group...so uh...that would be you. Prepare yourself. :crowded:

:rolleyes2

I think I may need to make a masterlist of all the drunken photos we are taking because I already cannot remember them all and we haven't even started drinking yet! ;)

Me, I stick to who I know when I am in a group...so uh...that would be you. Prepare yourself. :crowded:

:rolleyes2

Problem is- we'll forget the masterlist anyways so we'll just wing it in the parks. Whatever we come across will do, I'm sure.

DrunkenMockingbirdJamboTweedles stick together. That's just how it is.

Oh Look!!! There I am!!!! :thumbsup2

Mockingbird.

Hi, I am following your post since I am a newbie to the dis boards..cant wait to read all about your cruise cause I am in my planning stages.

WOW...what a large DIS group! How fun!!! Love the "tour of the ship" and pictures of the cabin. Someday...

Hi, I am following your post since I am a newbie to the dis boards..cant wait to read all about your cruise cause I am in my planning stages.

Hi- thanks for reading along! :welcome:

Planning stages are so fun! Part of the awesomeness of a Disney vacation for me! Let me know if you have any questions! :)

WOW...what a large DIS group! How fun!!! Love the "tour of the ship" and pictures of the cabin. Someday...

It was very big.....

Someday...someday..I say that about a lot of things as well. And when I say that it means I WILL Make it happen! So you can too! :)

Hi Nicole. I just wanted to check in and let you know I'm following your review/report. I really want to do a Disney Cruise one day. We can't decide if it would be worth it as adults (empty nesters) or if we should just wait a few (hopefully several - like 15) years, for grandchildren to take.

Hi Nicole. I just wanted to check in and let you know I'm following your review/report. I really want to do a Disney Cruise one day. We can't decide if it would be worth it as adults (empty nesters) or if we should just wait a few (hopefully several - like 15) years, for grandchildren to take.

Thanks for coming over and following!!

Everyone has their own thoughts/options/ect about adult only Disney Cruises. For many- they love it. Disney def. has their own special style of class that other cruise lines can't match.

For me, I PERSONALLY (opinion only having done one) wouldn't. For me, the draw is the wide activities for the family/children. And there are so, so many children on board. So many. I like children. Heck, I have three. But thousands of them, everywhere I turn... it would not be what I want if I was cruising adult only. I know it would annoy me.

Course I say that now when I'm in the midst of the crazy parenting years with three children where I never seem to have a minute to myself. And I dream nightly of minutes to myself... so when I think 'adults only' I don't want any children around. If you can kinda understand my angle. It could be very different perspective several years down the road where I know I will be missing the craziness of my kids needing me so much..........

Hi, I am hopping on board this TR! :banana:

My family and I are taking our first ever cruise aboard the Fantasy this October. We too will be headed to the Eastern Caribbean. We are just a BIT excited... :dance3:

Love your TR so far. We are a family of five as well. Life indeed is crazy with three kiddos. :eek: :laundy: :grouphug: But I don't THINK I would trade it for the world. :rolleyes1

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

For me, I PERSONALLY (opinion only having done one) wouldn't. For me, the draw is the wide activities for the family/children. And there are so, so many children on board. So many. I like children. Heck, I have three. But thousands of them, everywhere I turn... it would not be what I want if I was cruising adult only. I know it would annoy me.
Exactly why we hesitate. I like kids, for moments. I love my kid, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about being surrounded by 1500 of "other people's kids" for a week. But then, we do that at WDW pretty consistently and aren't bothered by all the kids. So I don't know what my/our hang-up is. haha

Funny with all your talk about sharks I guess it might be a bad time to tell you my jet ski story at Castaway Cay where we saw a nice 7 foot shark. It was fun circling it over and over again with the jet ski. She just kept on swimming without a care in the world underneath us.

Funny with all your talk about sharks I guess it might be a bad time to tell you my jet ski story at Castaway Cay where we saw a nice 7 foot shark. It was fun circling it over and over again with the jet ski. She just kept on swimming without a care in the world underneath us.

Oh Tim, did you get a pic???? I'm sure Nicole would LOVE to see a 7 foot shark swimming under your jet ski!!! Right Nicole??? :lmao:

Just a mental one...last time we went my daughter and I took a sharp turn and she pulled us both off...into those shark waters, lol...and I lost an expensive pair of sunglasses. So, just in case this past time I took nothing of value especially my non water proof camera or cell phone.

It was gigantic. I have to say, my favorite part of cruise- group wise, was the mixology you arranged. I had so much fun at that! Plus the smaller group at that event allowed you talk and interact more (you know..and the alcohol helped!) Hahahaha!

Hee hee - glad I could help :-)

Hi, I am hopping on board this TR! :banana:

My family and I are taking our first ever cruise aboard the Fantasy this October. We too will be headed to the Eastern Caribbean. We are just a BIT excited... :dance3:

Love your TR so far. We are a family of five as well. Life indeed is crazy with three kiddos. :eek: :laundy: :grouphug: But I don't THINK I would trade it for the world. :rolleyes1

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Hi! :welcome:

Thanks for joining!

I hope you soak up lots of advice and lots of worthless tangents I go off on that have nothing to do with a cruise! :rotfl:

Exactly why we hesitate. I like kids, for moments. I love my kid, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about being surrounded by 1500 of "other people's kids" for a week. But then, we do that at WDW pretty consistently and aren't bothered by all the kids. So I don't know what my/our hang-up is. haha

I am the same actually- I have no qualms about doing an adult only trip WDW. Maybe because it's not as confined and there are places you can go that are TRUELY off-limits to kids (Jellyrolls for example).

Just a mental one...last time we went my daughter and I took a sharp turn and she pulled us both off...into those shark waters, lol...and I lost an expensive pair of sunglasses. So, just in case this past time I took nothing of value especially my non water proof camera or cell phone.

O.M.G. I would have died. A seven foot shark is a BIG SHARK!!! And then to dump into the water. You would have never seen me scramble so fast in the water back onto a jet ski.

I love Castaway Family Beach BECAUSE it has that beautiful little net that keeps those pesky little sharks AWAY from me and my mind!

Oh Tim, did you get a pic???? I'm sure Nicole would LOVE to see a 7 foot shark swimming under your jet ski!!! Right Nicole??? :lmao:

I actually would love to see a picture. Because my fear of sharks is also fueled by morbid curiosity regarding them. I guess no different than the person who is afraid to fly who researches plane crashes & statistics of plane models (one of my best friends does this!)

See, I'm trying to justify my crazy. :scared:

I would agree with Nicole that I wouldn't bother with a Disney Cruise without kids. While there are adult areas for certain, there are a LOT of kids in a very small area. (Our cruise on the wonder supposedly had about 2,500 passengers, 900 of which were kids.) If I am paying through the nose for a cruise as you are with Disney, I would take a different tact at "adults only".

Of course, I wasn't all that impressed with the cruise anyways, and only really liked it because the kids LOVED it so much. I would rather spend my week at an all-inclusive LAND resort with no kids.

Interesting. I've only done Disney cruises with no children. I love them! I find them to be relaxing and can easily avoid the child areas as needed.

Only 2 months until I'm adult only on the Fantasy again ;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter