Upcoming weekend - weather - park strategies

PamNC

DIS Veteran
Well - it looks like our first day in the parks, Saturday is a wash out. We had planned Magic Kingdom. Any thoughts on the best park in rain? Not AK for sure. Which we have for Sunday.

Nonetheless, I'm freaked out about the forecast. Anyone live there or anyone out there that can give me some hope? Saturday says 80% rain, Sunday 60% and Monday (our last day) 20%. We arrive Friday and I forgot what that would be - we're just hanging at the resort that day and enjoying the pool.

So - I'm freaking because we went in late Feb and it rained 2 out of 3 days - all day rain pretty much. Plus I got sick so this is supposed to be a make-up trip. HELP

Don't put stock in the weather this far out. Are chances good that it will rain? Yes. Will it be a complete washout? No one knows as Orlando's weather can change at the drop of a dime. Pack a good rain jacket and enjoy the parks. I don't like rain either, but unless it's monsooning I'm out in it; it's a great time to get on rides with little waits!

Well - I checked the orlando tv stations - and it looks like we're talking pm thunderstorms Friday, Sunday. That's not bad - that's typical FL weather. Saturday looks like it could storm off and on all day. I just hope more "OFF"

I hate to be such a baby but I was rained out last time. Cold rain - at least this will be warm rain

We arrive Saturday and I've been keeping an eye on the weather too. Yesterday I think the forecast was different every time I checked and even varied between the different sources I was checking. I'm not sure why I torture myself with even looking. Past experience has taught me that it will likely rain somewhere in Disney every day. As long as it's not a hurricane we will be in our ponchos and soldiering on with our plans as much as possible.

Here's hoping for good dry weather for both of us--hope you have a wonderful trip!

Yes - I think you're right - it does seem to change quickly. I don't think it'll be a washout - just a thunderstorm here and there. Let's use our positive vibes here.

We arrive Saturday as well but that is just a travel day for us. I hope you get decent weather, enjoy your trip!

Well - it looks like our first day in the parks, Saturday is a wash out. We had planned Magic Kingdom. Any thoughts on the best park in rain? Not AK for sure. Which we have for Sunday.

Nonetheless, I'm freaked out about the forecast. Anyone live there or anyone out there that can give me some hope? Saturday says 80% rain, Sunday 60% and Monday (our last day) 20%. We arrive Friday and I forgot what that would be - we're just hanging at the resort that day and enjoying the pool.

So - I'm freaking because we went in late Feb and it rained 2 out of 3 days - all day rain pretty much. Plus I got sick so this is supposed to be a make-up trip. HELP
I arrive Friday too for a long weekend. I keep checking the weather and it's always changing. We are prepared for thunderstorms and some rain. I'm just happy to be going I won't the weather ruin it!

Of the major parks, we like to go to Magic kingdom or Epcot in stormy weather . The buildings are close in MK and World Showcase. however, in MK they do shut down many rides in lightning storms - we had to walk out of Pirates last year when it went dark - no power.

Thank you guys - I hope you all have a great time. Maybe I'll see ya' there. :-) Or on the Magical Express Bus - my flight lands about 9:00 ish I think. a.m

Hmmmm that weather does not look good for my flight arrival on Saturday afternoon....fingers crossed it holds off until after 3.30pm!

I hope it does - because that's my MK day and I want to get in as much as possible before the downpour. Safe travels.

Well - I checked the orlando tv stations - and it looks like we're talking pm thunderstorms Friday, Sunday. That's not bad - that's typical FL weather. Saturday looks like it could storm off and on all day. I just hope more "OFF"

I hate to be such a baby but I was rained out last time. Cold rain - at least this will be warm rain

It will be just fine. We were in WDW this past week and every day had 60-80% chances of rain. I was prepared for a complete wash out but it turned out fine. The overcast skies kept the heat down a little and the few sprinkles we encountered weren't even enough to shut down rides. Have a fantastic trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter