Upcoming Trip Questions

PKS44

DIS Veteran
Trip at the end of this month:

1)DO they have working Electronic Boards in Epcot to tell you which rides have FP left and wait times, etc. or are those not working and you have to walk all the way to each ride to find out?

2)When do the RESORT monorails stop running? One hour after MK regular closing hours? Or what?

3)How are the lines for the rides at MNSSHP? Is there any pattern--like I guess Haunted Mansion is very popular...should plan to hit it early or late or expect a long wait? Or are most there for the treats and characters leaving riders free to enjoy relatively short waits?

1. Yes, there is a large times board in EPCOT right in front of the big fountain in the middle of Future World. They are also on the other side of both Innoventions buildings where you go thru a kind of walkway.
2. The monorails stop running an hour after MK closing. This is new and not very efficient IMO.
3. Can't speak to the parties as I've never been.

I haven't gone to Mickey's Halloween Party this year, but did go last year (3rd week in October & the parks were crazy-busy compared to Spring Break crowds we've seen). The party itself seemed crowded but we were able to get on rides fairly quickly (maybe a 5-10 minute wait at Haunted Mansion). We loved the parade and watched it twice. Both times, we had no problem finding a seat. The first parade, my pregnant cousin & husband saved a section with her stroller and my daughter sat with them. I stood behind, but could easily see (this was in front of Peco Bills, I believe). The second parade, we (3 of us) found a spot near the Turkey Legs in Frontierland.

We really didn't bother with doing much trick-or-treat. We went to a few lines toward the end of the night and CMs were giving DD handfuls of candy. She was 5 at the time and candy is not a big deal to her. She loved, absolutely loved, seeing the Halloween Parade twice. She also loved the decorations, the costumes. I can't wait to do it again. Not this year.

It sounds like the Monorails are not running after the Halloween Party from some of the threads, but check into that. There is the ferry you can take, but plan on it being very crowded.

Just returned--we attended the party on 9/23 and it was crazy busy...was not busy all week and then Poof Friday evening --craziness.

Just returned--we attended the party on 9/23 and it was crazy busy...was not busy all week and then Poof Friday evening --craziness.

Craziness in the walkways AND the lines for rides? Or More for shows and characters with less crowded ride lines?

I saw a dramatic increase in the overall crowds started on Friday evening 9/23 and continued thru Monday--we left Tues. For example we went to DHS on 9/18 --except for TSM all the rides for most of the day were 10-20 standby and the 20 mins was toward the afternoon-early eve. We did Star Tours twice in a row stand by at about 3:30pm --10 min wait posted--was less..on 9/25 at noon the stand by time was 60 mins and fast pass was at about 5:30. Can't speak for the shows, as we didn't do many at all. There was a noticible difference one weekend to the next. Wondered if it had to do with folks arriving that weekend for 10/1 and start of F&W or just a fluke.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter