• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Upcoming 2013 Jan to March Disney Discount Offer : Details ***

Am I understanding that on the 10th nothing more than the same offer will be offered only this time to the general public?
No new dates or anything?
I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything for my dates May 28- June 6th.

Thanks! :thumbsup2
Carla

This deal isn't good for me. I know I shouldn't be expecting any deals because I can only go in March. Sometime between the 16th-24th. I need to book my flights, but it all depends on so many factors! I doubt my sister and her family can come this year ($$$ sucks sometimes!) so if I can get a good package deal with food included I'll stay longer and go to the parks. If not, I'll go for a shorter visit and do just hotels and DTD and make it a non park trip and hope for a good bounceback for late summer.... Does this idea make sense?

I just called and the CM told me there are black out dates Feb 14-23 which cuts into 2 o my dates (2/22-3/2). The problem, she said, is that I would have to split my reservation into 2 stays to get the deal for the other 6 nights and there is no guarantee I'd be in the same room for both "stays." I asked her to figure out the discount for me to see if it's worthwhile (I'm not moving rooms for a couple hundred dollars) and she looked and said there aren't currently any discounted rooms available for a 2BD BCV. I asked if I should try again later if it's possible some might open up and she said there may be another deal available soon. I'm not holding my breath for another deal but I will probably call back on the 10th so see if anything else opens up.

But wanted to share the black-out dates since that impacts all my fellow Princess 1/2 runners. :worried:

Thanks for the helpful posts guys.
Had a fully refundable Orbitz Reservation All Star Music room only one-person check-in Jan. 14th 2013, four nights $386.36 with tax. Disney on-line price All Star Music room only check-in Jan 14th, four nights $384.00 with tax.
Waited 20 minutes on hold for Disney Reservations - using Disney Visa card room-only discount All Star Sports room only one-person check-in Jan. 14th 2013, four nights $288.20 with tax. Deposit $72.05, balance due on check-in.

Note - the Visa card code T64 only works with the dining plan, not for room only. I am using Disney Visa card points for park tickets. The reservation agent had to check with All Star Sports to verify availability (not many rooms available at that price that week?) I didn't really pay attention before, but All Star Music is NOT included in the Disney Visa room-only discount.

In 2010 got All Star Music rooms at about $60.00 per night plus tax booked in late December 2009, based on special pop-up 72 hour sale on WDW site for the same week in January. For Jan. 2013 I figure, with not paying the daily parking charge of $14.00, I would have to pay $58.00 per night offsite, and I don't have to deal with potentially bad experiences and longer drives.

Checking in AFTER the Marathon(s) and checking out BEFORE MLK Day price increases works for me. In 2010, the same week, the Parks were not empty, but were not crowded.

Doing Islands of Adventure only Sunday Jan 13, 2013, staying 2 nights at a property within walking distance of Universal. Want to see the Harry Potter stuff, hope the experience there is worth it.

Thanks for the helpful posts guys.
Had a fully refundable Orbitz Reservation All Star Music room only one-person check-in Jan. 14th 2013, four nights $386.36 with tax. Disney on-line price All Star Music room only check-in Jan 14th, four nights $384.00 with tax.
Waited 20 minutes on hold for Disney Reservations - using Disney Visa card room-only discount All Star Sports room only one-person check-in Jan. 14th 2013, four nights $288.20 with tax. Deposit $72.05, balance due on check-in.

Note - the Visa card code T64 only works with the dining plan, not for room only. I am using Disney Visa card points for park tickets. The reservation agent had to check with All Star Sports to verify availability (not many rooms available at that price that week?) I didn't really pay attention before, but All Star Music is NOT included in the Disney Visa room-only discount.

In 2010 got All Star Music rooms at about $60.00 per night plus tax booked in late December 2009, based on special pop-up 72 hour sale on WDW site for the same week in January. For Jan. 2013 I figure, with not paying the daily parking charge of $14.00, I would have to pay $58.00 per night offsite, and I don't have to deal with potentially bad experiences and longer drives.

Checking in AFTER the Marathon(s) and checking out BEFORE MLK Day price increases works for me. In 2010, the same week, the Parks were not empty, but were not crowded.

Doing Islands of Adventure only Sunday Jan 13, 2013, staying 2 nights at a property within walking distance of Universal. Want to see the Harry Potter stuff, hope the experience there is worth it.

interesting JimBob was told Music is not included whereas I was told it is included and we booked it for early January (7th - 16th) with the Visa room only discount. 25% off (yup did the math). the mind boggles!

So frustrated. Ugh figures that we leave on the 9th of march. Really want a discount of some kind but is not looking so good!

I just called and the CM told me there are black out dates Feb 14-23 which cuts into 2 o my dates (2/22-3/2). The problem, she said, is that I would have to split my reservation into 2 stays to get the deal for the other 6 nights and there is no guarantee I'd be in the same room for both "stays." I asked her to figure out the discount for me to see if it's worthwhile (I'm not moving rooms for a couple hundred dollars) and she looked and said there aren't currently any discounted rooms available for a 2BD BCV. I asked if I should try again later if it's possible some might open up and she said there may be another deal available soon. I'm not holding my breath for another deal but I will probably call back on the 10th so see if anything else opens up.

But wanted to share the black-out dates since that impacts all my fellow Princess 1/2 runners. :worried:

Which offer has the black out dates? I'm going 2/13 - 2/16 and I got the full Room Only discount. The Play/Stay/Dine offer wasn't as good for me as the RO.

ok, I can officially say that I* saved $2,000 on a 2-br AKV savanna view for dates 2/24 - 3/2 - which was 35% of the room rate. The stay/play/dine pkg. only would have saved like $800

*not for me (I wish, lol) - booking for someone else

MatthewsMommy said:
Which offer has the black out dates? I'm going 2/13 - 2/16 and I got the full Room Only discount. The Play/Stay/Dine offer wasn't as good for me as the RO.

I thought it was the 35% off Visa offer because that's what I asked about.

Hi there

Newbie here! I have been lurking on the boards for a long time obsessing over the possibility of FD...now that it looks like the offer coming out on the 10th is the only one going on right now, I have some questions I am hoping someone can help me clear up. Here is what I have booked:

Jan 27-Feb 2
AoA LK suite
2 day basic MYW passes for 2 adults/2 kids (4/4)
Original package cost: $2457

I spoke w/ our TA today to get an idea of what our savings would look like if we are able to apply the RO discount and was quoted $2197, so a savings of $260.

If we were to add the DP to our package and apply the stay/play/dine promo, our package price goes to $3025, so it would cost us $568 to add the DP, which was originally quoted at $873. Should I be looking at this as a package savings of $305 (the difference between what the DP would cost us with the promo vs. the actual cost of the DP)?

Does this make sense? I feel as though the discount does not seem that great, especially if you consider that IF there was just a RO discount and our room cost us $2197, and IF we were to add the DP at the regular price ($873), the difference in price between that package cost, and the stay/play/dine cost is only $45.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks!

the offer says for mod's $101 per person per day and deluxe $128 per person per day...now this includes room, tickets (non hoppers) and dining plan. So I was figuring for both me and my hubby at 202 per day for 5 nights 6 days x 12.5% tax around $1,136.25 but when i called with the Visa code she quoted me $1,849.34 for mod and for deluxe $2732.44. What am I missing? is it because there are only 2 of us? But when you have children under 18 the room doesn't increase anyway.:confused3

Moderate Resort
$101 per person, per day
SAVE $600 when you buy this 5-night/6-day Magic Your Way room, ticket and Disney Dining Plan package at select Disney Moderate Resorts.
$101 per person per day based on a family of four.
Total package price of $2,429

Am I understanding that on the 10th nothing more than the same offer will be offered only this time to the general public?
No new dates or anything?
I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything for my dates May 28- June 6th.

Thanks! :thumbsup2
Carla

Hi,
I just called and asked a CM to price out a few different things for me. She was more knowledgeable than others I spoke to recently. When I asked if the offer coming out on the 10th would be any different (specifically, if other room types would be included) and she said that the deal would be the same.

Well i did it - I switched from AoA LM to POP to save $150!

So the Package offer has blackouts for feb 14-23 but the Room only IS available - at least for me Feb 18-21.
Another question I got answered: Minimum length of stay on the package is 3 nights!

What am I missing? is it because there are only 2 of us? But when you have children under 18 the room doesn't increase anyway.:confused3
Take this with a grain of salt, since this is my open-mouth-insert-foot day, but I believe you are correct.
The problem is your non-existent children need to pay their part of the room. Since they aren't paying as part of the example 4 person family, you have to pay up for them.
They don't, of course, need tickets or food. That's just the way non-existent children are! ;)

the offer says for mod's $101 per person per day and deluxe $128 per person per day...now this includes room, tickets (non hoppers) and dining plan. So I was figuring for both me and my hubby at 202 per day for 5 nights 6 days x 12.5% tax around $1,136.25 but when i called with the Visa code she quoted me $1,849.34 for mod and for deluxe $2732.44. What am I missing? is it because there are only 2 of us? But when you have children under 18 the room doesn't increase anyway.:confused3

Moderate Resort
$101 per person, per day
SAVE $600 when you buy this 5-night/6-day Magic Your Way room, ticket and Disney Dining Plan package at select Disney Moderate Resorts.
$101 per person per day based on a family of four.
Total package price of $2,429

The $ per day pp offered as examples by Disney are always based on "family of four" so if your only a family of 2 your pp cost doubles

The stay/play/dine at first glance sounds good and maybe is if staying at a Value or Mod but not so much if stying Deluxe.

I priced out both the RO and The Pkg discounts for 5 Nights/6 Days BLT TPV Studio and with the RO the savings was $988.40

stay/play/dine 6 day Adult Tix $556, with Pkg Disc @ Child price $520 (this is for 2 guests)

Savings $ $36

DDP Adult $55.59, with Disc @ Child price $17.16 pp per day

Savings per day pp $38.33

Savings for 2 pp for 5 days $383.30

Total savings with Pkg Disc $419.30

The RO Disc was better by $569.10

The SPD promo is definitely causing a lot of confusion.:upsidedow

I was quoted quoted $4,319 for our 9 night stay 2/21-3/2/13 in a POR royal room, river view, 3 adults, 9-day hopper, 9 nights dining:
Room with taxes $2,675 (then add $45 non-taxed for extra adult) - total $2,720.25 (room is not discounted)
Hopper cost per person $369.56 (child's price*) - total $1,108.68
Dining cost per person $163.44 (child's price*) - total $490.32
*savings is adults pay childs price

Our savings is $1,247 over Disney rack rate package price of $5,566.

When I applied this formula to the other reservations in our group gathering, the savings were all different of course based on how may adults, etc. So I found it hard to explain until I showed my family my spreadsheets (yes, ok, I'm a spreadsheet freak;)).

That's why I think a lot of people are having a hard time understanding the promo; the math provided in the SPD example doesn't work out for everyone.

Since I don't have a Disney visa, I couldn't re-book my current reservation yet, but hopefully on Wednesday it will all work out the same!

Did anyone book Poly and could share their numbers? I'm considering moving my reservation from POFQ (which will only have a 5% discount) to Poly and I'd like some base to compare both options.

Right now I'm paying $3,500 for 2 people for the MYW 10 base ticket with DDP included, standard view at POFQ.

If I simulate my dates (Feb 6-15) for Poly I get $6,175 with no discounts. Applying the 35% discount I get $4,135 but if I apply the $128 pp quote I come up with $3,840. Is that correct?

EDITED:

I called Disney and the CM quote me for $4,600. Don't you guys think that is still too much?

I just called Disney and saved $534.34 on a room only discount for our stay at the WL in February. I was also able to get them to apply the discount to our daughter's reservation since we are part of a family gathering. And they didn't even ask me to pay any additional deposit!

It was very easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter