• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*Unusual Ticket Upgrading Question

DisneyaHolic23

DIS Veteran
Maybe my question isn't so unusual, but it seems "different" to me.

If I am upgrading a 5-day pass to a deluxe annual pass, I know I pay the difference between the original pass and the D.A.P.

We are going to be visiting on a block-out date. So, say I buy a 5-day pass, and visit the parks three days prior to upgrading, and one of those days is a block-out day, do I have to pay the $30 fee?

In case I wasn't clear:

We will be visiting Disneyland on: Feb. 14, 15, 18, 19, 20, 21. Feb. 18th is a block-out day. If I use my 5-day pass for the 14, 15, 18th, and then upgrade on the 19th, do I have to pay the block-out fee for the 18th??

Thanks for any help!!! :banana:

No you do not. We will be upgrading Feb 19th too!

Nope, they won't go back and charge you for days you've already been in the park. They will however backdate the start date of you AP to the first day you were in the park. So your AP will be good from 2/14/07 - 2/14/08 instead of 2/19/07 - 2/19/08.

Make sure you use your Early Entry and Toontown Morning Madness (if you got them) before upgrading also.

YOu can do TTMM with an ap. They will ask for your voucher, not your park admission to get in to toon town. And, if you upgrade on the black out day you will still get in that day, with out payint the $30. You could then use your ap for dinning discounts. JUst make sure you've used your EE before you upgrade (unless you are staying onsite).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter