• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Unusual "must packs"

Lisaloo

DIS Veteran
20 days out and starting to accumulate things to organize and eventually pack. Staying st AKL so we are packing binoculars for the first time, but I also had to remember to pack toilet paper for both bathrooms. I personally don't care, but more than one person in my brood always insists on bringing our own TP on vacation.

Do you have to pack anything not usually listed on the standard Disney packing lists?

I've been bringing the various cables available for mobile phone, tablet and laptop to be able to connect to the tv (usually the hdmi cable is good enough). Offers some options to view photos and videos on the hotel tv. Not really unusual but if your not a business traveler it might not be something you would think of.

I take a pair of round cake pans to make a cake on the first night for the week...it's a tradition of ours now (the villas do not provide them). I've been making a cake on arrival night since 2003. My DH didn't think it was unusual the first time I brought them, but some others think it's odd.

Super glue

One year DD broke the earpiece off of her prescription sunglasses, and we had a cruise after our trip. They don't sell super glue on property. We were surprised when someone left some in our room a couple days after we started searching for some. Now I always pack my own tube just in case.

Band-aids

So easy to throw into your bag and we always seem to need at least one while at Disney.

Frozen mini-quiche! no really - they're better hot from the oven but good cold (so good for villas or regular rooms), they defrost in the minifridge overnight, and it's instant no-fuss eggs for breakfast!

A clear, over the door shoe hanger to contain and organize everything from shampoo to band-aids. A few other items include a pair of scissors ( we take a kids pair), zip lock bags, and toys. Many people to not pack toys for WDW but we found that having something besides TV for kids to do gives the adults a bit of down time when we need it.

We also usually do the ziplocs and mini scissors and a soft sided cooler since we take lunches/drinks into the parks a lot.

But for the most part, we just make due with what is there. I just don't need the stress of packing a million things, keeping track of it there, then repacking it to come home.

Cast iron skillet. If I'm cooking even one meal in the condo, I want my skillet.

Me too! I love my cooking utensils and must have them. Mini-spatulas are another thing I need all the time and my own spices. I will cook breakfast most every day and probably a few dinners too - so I'll be bringing a crockpot as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter