Unusual Hawaii Questions

jdb in AZ

It could end up curdled
The first port the Wonder will visit is Hilo, then north to Maui. I'm wondering if the captain will take the time to sail SOUTH past the Kilaueu volcano after dark so we can see it erupting. The molten lava glows and it's spectacular. Other cruise lines sail past the volcano, at least when their next scheduled port is Kona.

Another part of Hawaii that's accessible only by sea or by air is the Na Pali coast, on the north end of Kauai just west of the land called Hanalei. Anyway, I'm wondering if that's on the itinerary or too far out of the way before the ship sails back to the mainland.

Given my druthers, I'd choose the volcano, and it really isn't THAT far out of the way to do some scenic cruising before heading to Maui.

Does anybuddy know who I can contact to ask about this?

I really hope DCL has done their research. I think it would be stupid not to do the cruising by the volcano like the other cruise line does. I saw it on a travel show (NCL maybe) and it looked amazing. It would be the highlight of my trip!

I haven't cruised Hawaii, but I have been there and while we were in Kauai there was a cruise ship in and it left really early in the afternoon, I wonder if it was heading to cruise over by the Napali Coast... I didn't see it by boat, but air and it is AMAZING! So gorgeous!

Have you tried calling DCL? I know that sometimes they don't know everything and they aren't consistent, but maybe they do or can direct you in the right direction?

It is an amazing site so I would hope the ship goes by it.. NCL goes by it turns around so the other side can see.. We sat on our balcony and watches it..

On the DCL website, the itinerary for Hawaii shows times in port for Kauai as 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM. Is this correct??? :confused3. That would mean only 4-1/2 hrs on the island of Kauai...seems like it would not be enough time to explore :confused:

popcorn:: thinking about hawaii...this is an interesting question, love to hear the answers....how is the pacific ocean on the way out there? Is there whale/dolphin spottings? How about the waves compared to atlantic?

On the DCL website, the itinerary for Hawaii shows times in port for Kauai as 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM. Is this correct??? :confused3. That would mean only 4-1/2 hrs on the island of Kauai...seems like it would not be enough time to explore :confused:

where do you see port times? thanks!

Day Port Guest Ashore Guest Onboard
1 Los Angeles, California — 4:00 p.m.
2 At Sea — —
3 At Sea — —
4 At Sea — —
5 At Sea — —
6 Hilo, Hawaii 12:00 p.m. 7:30 p.m.
7 Kahului, Maui 7:30 a.m. 7:30 p.m.
8 Honolulu, Oahu 7:30 a.m. 7:30 p.m.
9 Nawiliwili, Kauai 7:30 a.m. 12:00 p.m.
10 At Sea — —
11 At Sea — —
12 At Sea — —
13 At Sea — —
14 At Sea — 4:00 p.m.
15 Ensenada, Mexico 8:00 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
16 Los Angeles, California 9:00 a.m. —
Port Adventures Just For You

Want to find the right Port Adventures for your cruise? Search for a specific Port Adventure or view all the choices for your cruise.

Search All Port Adventures

When we went to Hawaii the Volcano was not erupting and the Capt tried to get to it very close and never saw it

7:30-12pm is not very long, I would hope since they have 4 days at sea after that they can change the stay time to longer, they wont sell any excursions with it being so short....hmmmmm

Many many people are bad at AM and PM- maybe it's just a mistake.

(That is to say, many people are bad at AM and PM when it comes to noon and midnight)

I agree the Kauai times seem very short, but the biggest question I see with the itinerary posted on DCL's site is:

Day 14 - (5th sea day after leaving Hawaii) - there is a "guest onboard" time of 4:00 pm.
Exactly where are they getting on board from - the ship has been at sea for 5 days!

This concerned me, too. If I'm going all that way and paying all that money then I want more than 4 1/2 hours in port!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter