Unsure of what to do?

kganous

Earning My Ears
This is a first for our family and I am sure DISboard will be able to answer this question. My oldest is suppost to be going to summer camp for the first time. While she was camping I was going to do a disney trip with my youngest. She is to young for camp and this would be her summer trip. We are booked room only now with the military discount and I am probably going to add deluxe dinning. The problem is my oldest who is very, very shy might refuse to go to camp at the last minute....as in the day we are suppost to check in. Will I be able to add her to the reservation on check in? What happens with the disney dinning? She would be able to share with me if they won't let me add her to the dinning plan (this would almost work better since we both don't eat a lot). I don't want to add her to the reservation because she might suprise me and go on to her camp with her best friend. I can make dinning reservations for three just in case but didn't know how this would work. Thank you for any information.

This is a first for our family and I am sure DISboard will be able to answer this question. My oldest is suppost to be going to summer camp for the first time. While she was camping I was going to do a disney trip with my youngest. She is to young for camp and this would be her summer trip. We are booked room only now with the military discount and I am probably going to add deluxe dinning. The problem is my oldest who is very, very shy might refuse to go to camp at the last minute....as in the day we are suppost to check in. Will I be able to add her to the reservation on check in? What happens with the disney dinning? She would be able to share with me if they won't let me add her to the dinning plan (this would almost work better since we both don't eat a lot). I don't want to add her to the reservation because she might suprise me and go on to her camp with her best friend. I can make dinning reservations for three just in case but didn't know how this would work. Thank you for any information.

You must add the dining plan a minimum of 72 hours in advance.

You cannot share on the dining plan at buffets, character meals, etc. You could plate share at regular sit-down restaurants. There may be a small "plate" charge, but sometimes they waive the fee.

Definately make your ADR's for three; dining is based on two-tops, so for three you will be seated at a four-top, in lieu of a two-top. You may have to wait a long time for a table, if you can get one at all. You can always change to two when you get there; the concierge desk can help. Also, if you arrive and say you only need a table for two, the hostess will most likely be relieved, because it will free up another two-top for two people. It is easy to go down, but not easy to go up.

You can add her as soon as you arrive and purchase tickets when you get there. Since she is under the age of eighteen, your room charge won't change; you are paying 175% of double occupancy for one adult and your other child is also free.

I feel for you; I was a very, very, very shy child (only child at that) very close to my parents. I would think I would want to do something and then sure enough I would call my parents a few days later and beg to come home. At sleepovers, I would sometimes have the parents call in the middle of the night to come get me. Very few places did I feel comfortable to stay overnight without one parent or the other.

If it makes you feel any better, I certainly have made up for it as an adult. I came out of my shell in college and never looked back. I am now a very, very, very outgoing person. She may just outgrow it.

Good luck! I know either way you will have a wonderful time.

Thank you, you have eased my mind. She tries so hard to be mature but when reality happens she oftens just stays home with me. Now my 6 year old would be out of the house at camp in a minute if she was old enough. My kids are polar oposite. Just knowing if she changes her mind we can still have a great family vacation is great.

Thank you, you have eased my mind. She tries so hard to be mature but when reality happens she oftens just stays home with me. Now my 6 year old would be out of the house at camp in a minute if she was old enough. My kids are polar oposite. Just knowing if she changes her mind we can still have a great family vacation is great.

I have got all my fingers and toes crossed for ya!

Either way, it will be a lovely trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter