Unsure of the number of people for one of our reservations

barbliny

DIS Veteran
There is one day of our trip where our group of 8 will be doing different things - Universal for some, waterpark for others, currently a free morning for the rest.

I am seeing some posts about the impending expansion of BOG breakfast through 10/3.

Can I, or should I, make an ADR for the maximum number of us? I don't want to book extra seats unnecessarily, but 20 year-olds can change their mind at the last minute and skip the waterpark.

I have coordinated dropping a reservation with someone earlier this week and it worked perfectly.

I'm wondering if I can do similarly, but only with myself.

If I have an ADR for 6, when numbers are more solidified, can I cancel the ADR for 6 and immediately go back in and pick it up for 4? Or will Disney keep it as a 6-top and I won't be able to get it back for a smaller group?

you do not get penalized for showing up with less people, so if you think it will likely be 6, I would book 6. if you show up with 4 they will not charge you.

Make the reservation for the maximum number of people who might be there. If you know for sure that some won't be coming you can call and ask the phone castmember to modify the number on your reservation.

If the phone CM cannot modify the reservation because nothing is available you can just show up at the restaurantand let the CMs at the podium there are fewer than on the reservation. You will not be charged for the missing people as long as at least one person shows up for the reservation.

If you want to re-book for the exact number, look for a reservation first. Book it if you find one - if the system is working correctly it will note you have a conflicting reservation and ask if you want to cancel the original reservation before confirming the new one. If you agree, it will confirm the new reservation.

As far as your suggestion of cancelling, then immediately going back and re-booking, most likely it will show up as a res for the number you cancelled so you would be re-booking the same res, not one for fewer people. Also this method is not recommended because someone might be looking just at the moment you drop the res and snap it up before you can re-book and then you will be completely without any reservation.

I have 3 days of our trip booked with 5 people for all reservations while I wait to see if my parents will be able to join us. They have booked a room and are planning to go, but my step mother hasn't been given the day off given to her by her company. My plan is to either just show up with 2 less people, call disney dining on the phone and see if they can just take 2 people off to free up a 2 top, or to offer another couple to join us esp since we have BOG dinner and early pre-park opening breakfasts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter