Unsure about Spoodles... *UPDATED* Now SURE about Spoodles! Thanks!!

Wazzo

DIS Veteran
We have an ADR at Spoodles on our upcoming trip, and it doesn't seem to be as exciting to me as when I first made the ADR. I'd love to hear some great stories about Spoodles, and how good the food is! What is your favourite dish? Should we keep our ADR??

Thanks! :goodvibes

My info. is only for breakfast, and I'm assuming your ADR is dinner? Just in case - We really liked spoodles. They have great breakfast options, and we really enjoyed our food.

It's been awhile since I've been there but I LOVE Spoodles. I usually make ADR at Spoodles and make a special trip to the Boardwalk as we usually don't stay at that resort. I think you will have good luck with it! Enjoy!!

We usually eat at Spoodles at least once each trip, because its easy to get in without an ADR -- anyway, we have never had a bad meal. Last trip I tried the steak kabobs and they were great!

My info. is only for breakfast, and I'm assuming your ADR is dinner? Just in case - We really liked spoodles. They have great breakfast options, and we really enjoyed our food.

Yes, it is for dinner. But it's good to know they have good food!

Thanks for the replies! It does sound promising! I think we'll keep the ADR and I'll report back on how it was! :thumbsup2

My son and I ate at Spoodles last Monday (11/26). We ordered 3 appetizers: four-cheese flatbread; garlic shrimp; and lamb kebabs. My son had the creme brulee for dessert. All were excellent.

We go to Spoodles every year and have never had a bad experience. Our servers have been very attentive, knowledgeable and fun. Occassionally this place gets a little loud because it is huge inside. I enjoy watching the open kitchen and the food has been great each time.

This past time the three of us split a four cheese flat bread, which is better than Mama Melrose's, and the Meditteranean sampler dips. The dips were hummus, tzatziki a cucumber yogurt dip, and tzatziki with feta cheese served with warm pita. It was delicious and plenty for 3 adults to split.

For entrees I had the red snapper with Israeli cous cous. I am not a huge cous cous fan, but this type was larger and was cooked in a flavorful tomato broth and the snapper was crispy and well seasoned. My mom had the rigatoni, which is tossed in a bolognese sauce with sausage. She gets it every time, but can never eat it all. Big portion-but it looks small when you get it, very filling. My dad had the pork chop with white bean cassoulet, which I also tried-it was delicious if you are into big hunks of meat.

Finally for dessert we tried the sample, which included a small portion of each dessert at the restaurant. It was just the right size for us to share. P.S. the Sangria is a might tasty;) . I hope this gives you a bit of insight for Spoodles and I hope you have a great experience.

I try to eat there each trip. We love the food and the service is always great. My mom is allergic to seafood and the chef always comes out to answer any questions she has.

We were there last month....very much enjoyed the food...

a tad loud...a tad slow service....but the food was good enough for me to try it again.

We went for the first time last year and really liked it. I loved the atmosphere more than anything - great lively restaurant and being on the Boardwalk is so much fun at night. After dinner, we hung out on the Boardwalk another hour or two enjoying the evening and watching the street performers.

Food was good, too!

We eat at Spoodles once per trip and always enjoy it.
We've had the flat bread appetizer, the mediterranean dips, the greek salad, and enjoyed alll of them.
We've had the rigatoni without the sausage and also a vegetarian gnocchi dish. The portions are huge.
We tend to skip desserts, so I can't comment there.

I agree with previous posters that the restaurant is kind of loud.

We have had mostly good service, sometimes super fast, once (that I can remember) kind of slow.

We have walked in without ADRs (sometimes two of us, sometimes four of us), and had only a 10 minute or less wait. However this was not during the super busy times like Thanksgiving, Christmas/New Year's, or Easter week.

We have an ADR at Spoodles on our upcoming trip, and it doesn't seem to be as exciting to me as when I first made the ADR. I'd love to hear some great stories about Spoodles, and how good the food is! What is your favourite dish? Should we keep our ADR??

I was wondering the same thing about Spoodles for our September trip too, their menu had changed from when I'd first made the ADR and I wasn't sure if my 2 guys (DH and DS) would like the Mediterranean food, but I am SO GLAD I kept the ressie!

I'll echo what some people here already said, that Mediterranean dips appetizer is enough to feed a whole bunch of people at the table, and had a nice variety of dips (plus our pita bread was nice and warm and so tasty!). Since we were on the dining plan we all got appetizers, and my shrimp with preserved lemon were so good! My son got the lamb kebobs and declared them the best lamb he's ever had, and he got the beef kabobs for his entree and really liked them too. My husband and I got the chop with the cassolet, and we both were quite happy with it.

I too would recommend getting that dessert sampler, I liked all of them, and it was fun to have more than one to try.

So I turned out to be a hero for making that reservation at Spoodles. :goodvibes

I loved Spoodles! We had never been, so we made it a point to get there our last trip. What a pleasant surprise, it was delicious!:)

I had the snapper, which was great, and also tried the margherita flatbread appetizer:thumbsup2 and the mediterranean dips. popcorn:: I thought the food was really tasty & would go back next year for sure!

We also made our ADR right for opening time. So, it wasn't full in the place, and it wasn't too noisy at all. On the other hand, I did have a one year old with me so I could have been the noisy table!
Enjoy!:goodvibes

On our last trip, Spoodles was the first place we ate. My DW enjoyed it so much, she cancelled another ADR so we could eat there again.

I wasn't impressed initially with what was on the dessert menu. I wanted a brownie sundae. So I tried the creme brule. I really liked it and ordered it again when we went the second time.

It wasn't loud when I was there except for some family with a one year old.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: .

ahhhhhh, spoodles
it was our fav restaurant in ALL of WDW for so many years ~ every dish was excellent (to the point of our cancelling other ADR's, including coral reef & leCellier :eek: , to eat there at least 2x every trip).
then we went in oct, after the menu change..........
the appy's were still good (i always get the dips ~YUMM! DH got the garlic shrimp ~ "average good", not their usual outstanding), but the entrees were simply not up to their pre-change standards, imho :sad2:

DH had the lemon-garlic shrimp linguini ~ rubbery shrimp in a overly garlic sauce (the chefs used to have such an amazing hand at creating sauces with a myriad of delicate, cloying tastes ~ each bite was savored :cloud9: ~ this was just some cloves of garlic with some lemon juice dumped in).
my kabobs had an overwhelming gamey taste (unfortunately, inedible), rice was average, but the only part of the entree worth eating. :guilty:

the restaurant itself was clean, great location (we norm stay at the BW), & not overly noisy. waitstaff was excellent, as always.......:thumbsup2

we hope they do more changes to the menu (& apparently chefs :rolleyes: ) soon......i hate to see such a great restaurant go downhill like that :sad1:

I don't think you can go wrong at Spoodles. BWV is our home resort and we tend to eat there often. Last year when I ordered a vegetarian meal the chef came out to the table and asked me specifically what types of things I like to eat and created a dish for me that the rest of family was jealous to see. After I gobbled down everything on the plate the chef came out again to make sure he got things right. One of the favorite things our family likes is the Mediterranean Dips appetizer. yum! Also, the sangria is excellent and we've been tempted to stick the pitcher in our backpack. :)

Breakfast is good there too. Again, they've been very accomodating to any special dietary needs. I think it's part of the member perks for breakfast which helps.

Wow, thanks for the responses everybody! :goodvibes

Not only am I sure we are going to keep our ADR, but now I know what to order! ;)

I'm happy to hear the appetizers are great, because we LOVE to order a few appetizers instead of an entree. (And thanks for the tip on Sangria too!) :thumbsup2

On our last trip, Spoodles was the first place we ate. My DW enjoyed it so much, she cancelled another ADR so we could eat there again.

I wasn't impressed initially with what was on the dessert menu. I wanted a brownie sundae. So I tried the creme brule. I really liked it and ordered it again when we went the second time.

It wasn't loud when I was there except for some family with a one year old.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: .

:lmao: :lmao:
thanks a lot--
I needed a laugh today!:goodvibes

We had breakfast there last week and we both had the vegetable flatbread. It was outstanding. For service, atmosphere, food, and price, we gave our breakfast at Spoodles an "A+."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter