Unpopular Opinions

Seems to be an unpopular opinion here, but it would be nice for posters to tell the truth, about what they have and haven't done.

If a person opens a thread and says " recent cruisers" then let recent cruisers answer it, the forum is active enough and people will respond who have done it.

That's why I appreciate your postings...unlike very frequent posters here, who always seemed to jump in first (ands mixing a lot of great information with a lot of wrong information), you don't post unless you know the answer. I appreciate that! Luckily the board has a "block" option that makes reading threads much more reassuring for me.

I bet yours is an unpopular opinion, but that's this thread!

I just want the wait staff to bring me my food. I don't want to be their friend or take their picture.

I totally agree with this! On a related note, I find their purported attention to learning my preferences deeply off-putting. As an example, just because my daughter ordered cranberry juice the first night does not mean she wanted it seven nights in a row!

Also, I am not looking for a friendship with my waitstaff, cabin steward, or other staff on the ship. In fact, I'd prefer they be a bit more in the background and not constantly hovering around me.

Seems to be an unpopular opinion here, but it would be nice for posters to tell the truth, about what they have and haven't done.

If a person opens a thread and says " recent cruisers" then let recent cruisers answer it, the forum is active enough and people will respond who have done it.

There is a trend in people answering who clearly haven't done it, but will not disclose it to others, we had a number of threads answered that the poster had never actually done.

I might be old fashioned but people go on these threads for vacation planning, so if you haven't been in concierge leave a thread on concierge to people who actually have done it. If there is a question for platinum cruisers[/QU

I'm going to remember this post the next time you respond to a thread about GT rates or inside cabins on an Alaskan cruise. You can't be serious???? Hypocritical some???

Add in commentary about other cruise lines as well. It is not forthcoming in the mile long signature as to who, what, when or where the last cruise on another line was taken.

Add in commentary about other cruise lines as well. It is not forthcoming in the mile long signature as to who, what, when or where the last cruise on another line was taken.

Oh and don't forget advice about sea days and weather on Transatlantic crossings that have not been personally experienced.

I don't know if this would be unpopular here, but it certainly seems to be with Disney. It seems that whenever they roll out a new set of itineraries, the phone logs are clogged up and people experience long wait times. So my opinion is this--I think they should do a three day roll out (plantinum/gold on day 1, silver on day 2, and new cruisers on day 3.) But they probably never will because I think they like all the hype it creates.

Weighing in on another opinion, I think some questions CAN be answered by people who haven't done it. For instance, I have never done concierge, but if someone asked if they will be providing binoculars on upcoming Alaska cruises, I know the answer to that and don't see why I can't answer just because I have not sailed concierge. But if someone asked what brand, I don't know that and wouldn't answer. Another example--I have never sailed Alaska on Disney, but I have on NCL and experienced all of the same ports. So if someone asks an Alaska question that is not ship-specific and not Disney excursion specific, I feel qualified to answer it and will. It's not like there is different weather on a Disney ship than another cruise line's ship or that Skagway miraculously turns into a totally different town when Disney pulls into port, etc. Those things are all the same.

I wonder if these folks don't know how to subscribe to a thread/watch a thread without posting. I see the same thing on Facebook. People respond with a . just to post on the thread, junking it up, so that they get notifications, instead of just subscribing.
This. So very much this.

Okay, get ready to stone me...:duck:I don't get the obsession with knowing and planning your dinner rotation.There's a whole thread about it for the Fantasy right now. I know people like to plan Palo but why hassle it so much? Can't you usually change it on board if you need to? You don't need to know the rotation to know when Pirate night and other things are. Formal Night is the same in all the dining rooms. People say be spontaneous and go with the flow, then worry about this? o_O Just my opinion.

Okay, get ready to stone me...:duck:I don't get the obsession with knowing and planning your dinner rotation.There's a whole thread about it for the Fantasy right now. I know people like to plan Palo but why hassle it so much? Can't you usually change it on board if you need to? You don't need to know the rotation to know when Pirate night and other things are. Formal Night is the same in all the dining rooms. People say be spontaneous and go with the flow, then worry about this? o_O Just my opinion.

I somewhat agree. I don't really care where I am on formal night or my last night that much. However, if I did Palo or Remy, there are certain things I would not want to miss, like the Animator's Palate shows; in that case knowing the rotation would be helpful.

And this is off-topic--but I am so slow...I JUST realized the double meaning of "Palate" in Animator's Palate...duh!

I've asked about mine solely so I can avoid the pirate night menu and go to palo. :)

we have only cared about this once and that was last October when we took our children and their others with us. there was a night when ds and his wife planned a remy dinner to celebrate their first anniversary and there was a palo night that we all went to. since it was their first time on dcl I wanted to make sure they saw the dinner show for animators. I had my t.a. put in a request for a specific rotation, it was granted.
other than that one time, i'm with you. could not care less which rotation we have.

I wouldn't get off at Nassau with those travel warnings, but it's because of the travel warnings. I'd feel that way with travel warnings anywhere else. Governments issue warnings based on safety issues, incidents, etc, and not based on percentages of blacks/minorities in the vicinity.

For example, I'm worried about Mexico. Plenty of travel warnings. I'm also Hispanic. Does that mean I'm racist, or just a concerned traveler?

We have a cruise booked with a stop in Nassau and we won't get off the ship. We've been there before and it didn't do anything for us but the safety warnings are also in the back of my mind. The same with Mexico, we're done. Been there too and it's a shame because it's so beautiful and the people are so nice but IMHO it's not worth the safety risk. A few bad eggs (criminals) make it unpleasant for the masses, shameful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter