Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

Whew...long and yucky day at work today + had a sick kiddo at pickup...but a few silver lining aspects of the day.

1. Both kids picked Halloween costumes and thanks to the magic of ebay, everything is ordered. Now fingers crossed nothing gets lost in the mail.
- in case anyone is wondering...they changed their minds and now we're going to have Hermione Granger and Jack Skellington.
2. I may get roped into doing a 5K with some work friends. I don't normally like the shorter events, but it's a Houston Texans event and will end up inside the stadium on the field. = cool factor :D
3. Saw a great video of Barbra Streisand and Melissa McCarthy working on a duet on Babs' new album. Oh, how I love me some Barbra!!!:lovestruc

Guess I should get these kids in bed so I can try and find motivation for a workout. ::yes::

Hi everyone! :wave:

It seems like a routine is taking form here at work. I am finding myself logging in here right after the "nightly" server maintenance (it takes place 10am - 11am here). Just before my scheduled lunch break I am checking in and read a little, post a little and stalk a little... LOL! :rotfl::banana:

I hope you all will have a wonderful morning when you wake up and log in here for your morning DIS Boards Fix! :rainbow:pixiedust::rainbow:

See you around awesome peeps! :dogdance:

:tinker:

That's great you got it and a perfect thing to do on a off day I think

We did this for the first time in July and I absolutely loved it ... we definitely will do it again in the future

(side note, interesting you had trouble finding an ADR as we went on a Sunday too and the place was only 1/2 full - no one upstairs and not all downstairs tables taken. This was for the first seating though, maybe you were looking for a later one)

It almost seemed like that whole week was blocked out for some reason (even my TA said that they hadn't been able to book anything pas the middle of October). It seemed like they were going to take it down for refurbishment. I actually got tier 1 for the show, so it should be good. I picked the last show of the night because when I went there in 2014, my friend and I went to the last show and the CM's seemed to be a little more "punchy" with the skits, so even though it is late eating, we will still have time to walk it off afterwards...LOL!!

It was a busy morning here...had to pick my FP+. It seemed to go good, but it was a little different from the last time I booked FP+.

Now on to working on figuring out square footage of the signs we have made during the last year...my head was ready to explode yesterday working on it yesterday!!!!

All my fabric is in the shipping companies hands and being overnighted to NYC. Hoping the storm doesn't cause any issues since some of it is coming from Georgia and some coming from Cali. I can't wait to start my costume this weekend!

:wave2:

Just surfing before getting a long np (usually our dog needs potty breaks several times during the night...so I get the job since I'm only one until dh is home from work). Our poor girl hates storms and getting damp so it is going to be a long night tomorrow. We think she panics more now if she is away from me too long or if she sleeps for a long stretch and gets startled. I have been slowly adding green beans to her since the vet people wants her to eat that plus more fiber. I'm tempted to give her baby food as a topping for her dry food. I hate the sodium from the canned beans (usually we get low or no salt added for our own use).
We don't have any weekend fun plans...mostly his CompTia studying, job search, and maybe some early fall cleaning. We might precook meals Sunday if weather is good.
I am considering breaking my addiction Big Brother/BBAD watching soon. I am going to do Netflix marathon watching instead. I usually like old classics like Twilight Zone and the various Star Treks, but dh wants me to try Stranger Things. I'm picky on the gore/horror stuff, but I enjoy Alfred Hitchcock stuff...so I am not sure on Stranger Things.

Ryan, I hope that this week was awesome for you.

I ask dh to keep an eye for jobs in Ireland/other parts of Europe in case of our niece who graduates in a few years goes to school there (her school must have something to do with horses). I'm half-joking...maybe...Galway and Dublin are looking good for some tech stuff.

Ryan, I hope that this week was awesome for you.

I ask dh to keep an eye for jobs in Ireland/other parts of Europe in case of our niece who graduates in a few years goes to school there (her school must have something to do with horses). I'm half-joking...maybe...Galway and Dublin are looking good for some tech stuff.
It's been a good week. College is definitely much different from high school. One more day of classes today and then a 3-day weekend which is nice.

It's been a good week. College is definitely much different from high school. One more day of classes today and then a 3-day weekend which is nice.

definitely different - but also a time to establish yourself/reinvent yourself ... I know I become a much different and (hopefully) better person while at college

I also found a wife, so that was cool too ;)

Different, but like others have noted...hopefully, good different! College was four of the best years of my life! I hope your experiences are just as enjoyable...or even better :) And just think, when you are ??##?? of years removed from it like me, you can look forward to informal reunions with your closer friends, where you pretend to be 18-22 again :D

Oh children. My oldest comes tearing into my room freaking out. He said my middle son could not open his eyes and couldn't see when he tried. So of course being a good mom I rushed to check on him. My middle son was extremely crabby, would not look at me, rolled over and threw his covers over his head. :lmao: i told my oldest to let his brother sleep because it might help his eyes. Talked to my middle son a few hours later. He thought if he told his brothers he couldn't see, they would leave him alone and let him sleep. :rotfl:

:wave:
I'm posting while we still have power (internet/dsl has been terrible today) since the wind is picking and it has been raining all day from Hermine and yesterday we had rain from a front. No standing water in our yard yet. The dog is doing okay except when her mean owner makes her go out in the rain to do her business. I got 6 hours straight sleep before she tried to wake me up. :cheer2: She was working her eyes to get extra treats during our lunch.

:umbrella::umbrella::umbrella::umbrella::umbrella::umbrella::umbrella:

definitely different - but also a time to establish yourself/reinvent yourself ... I know I become a much different and (hopefully) better person while at college

I also found a wife, so that was cool too ;)

I got my dh through a classmate that I was involve in group projects that got better grades. I agreed to date him once because I had cut my workhours way down and needed a free meal and wanted her help in looking over my experiment design project.

Any other Midwestern DISers feel the earthquake? I woke up and was trying to figure out why my shower doors were rattling!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter