• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

unOFFICIAL Walt Disney World/Disneyland Trivia Thread!

wolfxofxnovember

DIS Veteran, Future Haunted Mansion Butler WDW Ann
Hey everyone I want to start a game where I will ask a question. The first person to answer it will then post their question and so on.

My first Question:

How Many Stones is Cinderella's Castle made up of?

no stone because it's made of fiberglass...

what are the 4 official colours of WDW?

lagoon blue, mint green, pumpkin orange and lavender

what is the name of the firehouse on Main Street USA?

3. fronteirland, toontown, and at the actual train station at the beginning of main street.
how many disney animated movies are set in paris?

What is the name of the material used for the changing portraits in Disneyland's Haunted Mansion and the Master Gracey picture in Walt Disney World?

It also ends with an "M", if you give up just post and we can get a new question.

OK, the material is called "scrim" it is stretched over the ghosts in the graveyard to make them look bony and is used for changing portraits.

New Question:

"What illusion popular in haunted houses is used to make the ghosts appear in the ballroom scene?"

This effect is called Pepper's Ghost and has been in existence since the 19th Century. Most guests are not aware that they view the ballroom through a gigantic sheet of spotless glass. This glass stretches about 10 feet down and 15 feet up from the top and bottom of the balcony that you are on, respectively. And, above, below, the to the side of you are full, real, solid animatronics. They are dressed almost totally in white, with blue faces and hands, and are going through their movements in a totally black space of the exact same size and dimensions as the real room. There are dim lights being cast onto these figures which fade in and out. Since the figures are very carefully placed, their reflections, half-transparent, appear and disappear in the glass. They seem to be inside the room.

Thanks to www.grimghosts.com for that one!

That took some researching!

Ok an easier question...

When did the Captain Jack Sparrow Animatronics get added?

Experimental Prototype City Of Tomorrow!!!

(im pretty sure thats right??)

Who does the voice for Young Simba in the Lion King?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter