UnOfficial March 2012 Trip Planners Tread-DIS Meet 3/8 Info Pg 1

Okay my fellow March travelers. I need some help making a couple decisions. You all know that this is a surprise trip so I am unable to just ask DD what she would prefer to do. We arrive on Tuesday the 12th and the next day is DD's birthday. We are doing MK all day that day as it is her favorite park. There is one definite for the day and that is the Wishes dessert party that night at 9:00. The rest is what I need help with.

I have a breakfast ADR at CP for a 10:20 breakfast so we have time to ride some rides early before it gets crowded. I think I am going to keep this.

I have a 2:00 ADR for Tea at the Grand Floridian. I am having a hard time deciding whether to keep this or not. We've never done it before. Part of me thinks she would really like this and its kind of a girly thing we can do together. The other part of me thinks we should be back at the resort swimming or napping and resting up for our evening in MK.

Then I have two dinner ADR's. Please don't flame me, the system let me do it and I do plan to cancel one of them by the end of this weekend.

The first is CRT at 4:10 or 1900 PF at 5:40.

I think that DD would prefer the castle. But I'm not real excited about dinner there, it just doesn't really sound all that good, and its so pricey. I'd love to get that $112 back. 1900 PF is fun and I know that she does love to eat there too. But the ADR time is 5:40 and I'm worried that they will be running late as they often do. DH doesn't really care for eating in the castle because he thinks its over rated. He figures we've done it, don't need to do it again. Since he's not with us, I keep thinking it would be a good time to let DD do it again. BUT, again, its just so expensive and this trip is supposed to be more budget and the menu choices don't really excite me.

If we do one of the dinner ADR's I'm thinking that we really need to cancel the Tea. But I want to order a mini cake, or chocolate slipper or something at wherever we end up going so I need to decide so I can call about the cake.

What are your thoughts? DD will be happy about whatever I choose for us to do because we'll be in Disney and she won't know what the other options were. So I'm not really worried about disappointing her.

Part of me is leaning towards the Tea and cancel the dinners altogether since we have the dessert party. I could have the cake delivered there and its definitely something we wouldn't take time to do on our family trip. But part of me thinks, its her birthday and what better way to celebrate then in the caastle for dinner. But if you don't know that that was an option wouldn't it be just as much fun to do the Tea? But if we do Tea at 2:00 will we have time to take a break before our evening? I guess we could head back to AKV for a late afternoon break and then head back to MK around 6 or 7 and stay until we're tired. The park is open until 1am think.

I think I'm rambling at this point. Any thoughts? I would ask my DH but he's tired of hearing about this trip and my lack of ability to make a decision would drive him nuts.

Let me add this though, as much as he's a grump about Disney, he loves seeing DD there and I'm worried that he would be really sad about missing her having a birthday dinner in the castle. Even though he doesn't really like to eat in the castle. He's going to Vegas next week which is why I was able to talk him into letting me take DD on this trip. But I know he's kind of sad to be missing out on this trip too. I did promise him no BBB since that's his favorite thing to take DD to in Disney.

You do have a lot of nice options for your dd and as you said, she will be happy with any of them. Since you are eating breakfast at 10:20 - figure you won't get out of there until 11:15-11:30 or so.. are you really going to be ready for tea/lunch at 2? and then another meal just 2-3 hours later?

I guess the main quesiton is are you really going to need the afternoon break and how much time is that going to take? I guess I really see 3 options

Option 1: Keep the tea, head back to AKL after the tea for rest. Grab CS for dinner either at AKL or back at MK when you come back around 6pm or so?

Option2: Cancel the tea, keep CRT at 4:10 - stay through Wishes and then head back to AKL after that - this means no afternoon break but you won't stay as late that evening. (Don't know what time Wishes is that night.. so it could be a long day)

Option 3: Cancel the tea and CRT. Take the break around 1pm, go back to GF for dinner at 5:40 and then spend the evening in the parks

I think I would do Option 2 if I felt like dd could make it through the day.
I'm sure any of them will be fine - you know your daughter the best and what will work best for the 2 of you.

Only three days to go, and I've done most of my packing, placed my Garden Grocer order, and have already started having trouble sleeping because of too much excitement!

Edited to add that I've also done online check in, but Pop preferences still glitchy and had to add them over the phone.

Sylvia, I canceled Brown Derby on the 5th. Can you remove it from the list? We're trying to economize. Thanks!

ktmom, I don't know how your family usually eats, but the tea and the dessert party and a cake in one day sounds like a lot of sweets to me. Could you do the tea on a different day? How about putting some candles on something at the dessert party? It sounds like whatever choices you make, your DD will be thrilled!

DD and I both have a serious sweet tooth so for us it wouldn't be too much in one day, although I wouldn't want to continue the pattern all week.

You do have a lot of nice options for your dd and as you said, she will be happy with any of them. Since you are eating breakfast at 10:20 - figure you won't get out of there until 11:15-11:30 or so.. are you really going to be ready for tea/lunch at 2? and then another meal just 2-3 hours later?

I guess the main quesiton is are you really going to need the afternoon break and how much time is that going to take? I guess I really see 3 options

Option 1: Keep the tea, head back to AKL after the tea for rest. Grab CS for dinner either at AKL or back at MK when you come back around 6pm or so?

Option2: Cancel the tea, keep CRT at 4:10 - stay through Wishes and then head back to AKL after that - this means no afternoon break but you won't stay as late that evening. (Don't know what time Wishes is that night.. so it could be a long day)

Option 3: Cancel the tea and CRT. Take the break around 1pm, go back to GF for dinner at 5:40 and then spend the evening in the parks

I think I would do Option 2 if I felt like dd could make it through the day.
I'm sure any of them will be fine - you know your daughter the best and what will work best for the 2 of you.

I think the afternoon break is what I'm not sure about. We usually go during slower times and get so much done in the mornings that we don't always go back to the parks at night, and even when we do, they aren't open late. Since this is the first day, I have a feeling that DD will be hyped up and ready to go all day. But I kind of think that an afternoon break would do us both some good and allow us to enjoy the evening a little better.

As much as I think she would enjoy the idea of the Tea, I'm not sure that either of us will be all that hungry after having just had a large breakfast a few hours earlier.

We could actually do the late breakfast, try a few more rides and then head back to the resort to swim and relax for a bit. Then I just need to decide about dinner. I could have a small mini cake delivered to either 1900 or the castle. I've read that those are only a few bites anyway. The dessert party will be several hours away still. Or I could skip the cake altogether and save the money. It is a lot of sweets in one day.

It's March so that means
We are all going to Walt Disney World this month!!!!!

Only 5 more days for me and I couldn't be more excited.

Got to go know, still have some capris to finish.:thumbsup2

Yea, wish we were leaving tomorrow morning! I am looking at it this way...just three more work days after today!:cool1:

Our flight to WDW is not until 6:30am on Sunday but my vacation actually starts on Saturday, after dropping the dog off at the boarders, DH and I will drive to NY and check into the hotel near the airport, then have a nice dinner, before good nights sleep. :cool1:

We also leave tomorrow!! :cool1:

I can't wait to try Kouzzina's tomorrow night!

I can't wait to be able to say that! I know this weekend will fly by, as weekends always do. But I hope next week goes by quickly too. Its my long week at work.

We leave in a week and 1 day! :cool1: Surprise trip for DGD's too! We're driving and will arrive at Animal Kingdom~Kidani on Monday, March 12? Where will you be staying? Would love to meet a fellow Disboarder! :tink:

Safe travels to everyone traveling today! :)

I'll be right behind you all on Tuesday... I'll be the Diser with the two brawling teenage girls - If you see us, please say hi, and if my girls are fighting - feel free to seperate them. ;)

D~

Yea I leave tomorrow :) ohhhh tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow. I will be up in the air flying at this time tomorrow morning. Too excited. So much to do today! Working for a few hours ( I'm actually happy for this otherwise the day would drag), get a manicure, finish packing, drop my dog Tessie off with her " grandparents" and lecture them not to over indulge her with people food, have dinner with my love who's my Disney partner in Crime Gabe, shower and then nap a little before headed to the airport at 3:30 AM. Eeeeeeek too exciting :)*
:goodvibes:worship::banana::wizard::cloud9::woohoo::dance3::yay:

Safe travels to everyone traveling today! :)

I'll be right behind you all on Tuesday... I'll be the Diser with the two brawling teenage girls - If you see us, please say hi, and if my girls are fighting - feel free to seperate them. ;)

D~

I will keep my eyes open and if you see the old lady on the EVC crying for no apparent reason it just might be me :hug:

Yea I leave tomorrow :) ohhhh tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow. I will be up in the air flying at this time tomorrow morning. Too excited. So much to do today! Working for a few hours ( I'm actually happy for this otherwise the day would drag), get a manicure, finish packing, drop my dog Tessie off with her " grandparents" and lecture them not to over indulge her with people food, have dinner with my love who's my Disney partner in Crime Gabe, shower and then nap a little before headed to the airport at 3:30 AM. Eeeeeeek too exciting :)*
:goodvibes:worship::banana::wizard::cloud9::woohoo::dance3::yay:

Have a safe flight and trip :goodvibes

So the Monorail being down is going to suck. The times it is supposed to be down wont affect us too bad, but it was nice to have that option. Say if we wanted to go from MK to Epcot at 1pm. I guess we'll be using the busses. I just hope they have direct service. None of that transfer at the TTC stuff. With all of the closures and refurbs, I'm just waiting for them to anounce that all of MK will be closed from 3/4-3/10 for refurbishment.

So the Monorail being down is going to suck. The times it is supposed to be down wont affect us too bad, but it was nice to have that option. Say if we wanted to go from MK to Epcot at 1pm. I guess we'll be using the busses. I just hope they have direct service. None of that transfer at the TTC stuff. With all of the closures and refurbs, I'm just waiting for them to anounce that all of MK will be closed from 3/4-3/10 for refurbishment.

:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter