UnOfficial March 2012 Trip Planners Tread-DIS Meet 3/8 Info Pg 1

We normally do an early am TS breakfast so that is a big reason for us never making the am EMH. In 2009 it was our first Spring Break and we found ourselves returning to the resort mid-afternoon after about 4 hours in the park to rest then head out again in the evening since the parks were open later. In 2009 we had no ADR and walk ups were impossible to get except for places not on the DP or that did not take reservations ESPN, Rainforest Cafe Olivias at OKW(where we were staying) we found the CS very crowded and hard to get seating for, I hope you fair better if planning on eating CS. I just found it totally frustrating to the point I may never do a CS place again.

We may eat some CS but DD I love breakfast, especially in Disney. So I've booked a late TS each day. I have alternatives in my plan that I've checked and are also available so I really just need to decide which ones I want. It's so hard because the trip is a surprise and I can't just outright ask DD. I'm also planning on trying a few new things, and not doing a few of DH's favorites because I think he would be disappointed. Normally I like the early ADR's before going to the park, but I'm thinking that its going to be really crowded and we need to use that early park time and have our breakfasts late as a break.

We will have to do some CS though and I hope that if we try to eat at off times it will help.

Anyone hear or read anything about the Fast Passes changeing as of March 7th?

I can not find it in the New on Magic WDW online but it is one the iphone/ipad app. Saying starting March7th fast passes will be honored 5 mins before posted time and only 15 mins after posted time. No more good till the end of the day. :confused3

There is a tread about it

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43954022&posted=1#post43954022

Anyone hear or read anything about the Fast Passes changeing as of March 7th?

I can not find it in the New on Magic WDW online but it is one the iphone/ipad app. Saying starting March7th fast passes will be honored 5 mins before posted time and only 15 mins after posted time. No more good till the end of the day. :confused3

There is a tread about it

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43954022&posted=1#post43954022

It was also posted on the TP website. However, I think they have bigger fish to enforce before they start with FPs. This is very un-Disney-like. I'll be happy to test on the 7th, but I just don't see it happening. There are too many variables, and I don't see it really improving the FP lines. I've never felt the FP lines were bad to begin with. Think for a moment, if everyone who has a 2:30 time in their window shows up at once, it still doesn't solve any "long lines" for the FP people. And can you imagine the people that complain at a drop of a hat anyway? They'll go nuts over this. :sad2:

I know they're wanting to switch to a new FP system, but I just don't see this being the best answer. Not when a ride may be closed for a person's window, a bus can break down, a family can receive horribly slow service at an ADR. I mean, how do they expect people to plan their FPs with only a 15 minute "forgiveness" leeway window? If the forgiveness window was longer, say an hour or two, then I could get on board with this. It gives more time for the variables. But the average guest doesn't want to sit there and calculate their ride versus their ADR time.

Oh wait. This window will happen and we may still be eating. Oh, riding this after eating may not be a good option. I guess we just can't ride this year unless we wait in the 120 minute line.

But that's just my opinion. I don't think it's a bad thing. But I don't think they're on the right track yet. Perhaps if it happens, they'll see it's too strict and loosen the reigns a bit. This tight window doesn't allow for "Life" to happen. :rolleyes:

It was also posted on the TP website. However, I think they have bigger fish to enforce before they start with FPs. This is very un-Disney-like. I'll be happy to test on the 7th, but I just don't see it happening. There are too many variables, and I don't see it really improving the FP lines. I've never felt the FP lines were bad to begin with. Think for a moment, if everyone who has a 2:30 time in their window shows up at once, it still doesn't solve any "long lines" for the FP people. And can you imagine the people that complain at a drop of a hat anyway? They'll go nuts over this. :sad2:

I know they're wanting to switch to a new FP system, but I just don't see this being the best answer. Not when a ride may be closed for a person's window, a bus can break down, a family can receive horribly slow service at an ADR. I mean, how do they expect people to plan their FPs with only a 15 minute "forgiveness" leeway window? If the forgiveness window was longer, say an hour or two, then I could get on board with this. It gives more time for the variables. But the average guest doesn't want to sit there and calculate their ride versus their ADR time.

Oh wait. This window will happen and we may still be eating. Oh, riding this after eating may not be a good option. I guess we just can't ride this year unless we wait in the 120 minute line.

But that's just my opinion. I don't think it's a bad thing. But I don't think they're on the right track yet. Perhaps if it happens, they'll see it's too strict and loosen the reigns a bit. This tight window doesn't allow for "Life" to happen. :rolleyes:

I saw this am that TP had posted the same information, just after I had the notification from Magic WDW.
I think I must be the only one who feels this new system will work, I do not thing Disney should pick Spring Break to test it though, a less busy time would have made more sense but then maybe they feel testing it during SB they will get a better picture of how it will work :confused3

I just know if you can get to TSM at 3 in the after noon and still get a FP for 5-7 pm that will be a good thing. :)

I wish now I had switched my park days so I was going to be at DHS on the 7th instead of MK just to see if I could get a FP for TSM later in the day.

I saw this am that TP had posted the same information, just after I had the notification from Magic WDW.
I think I must be the only one who feels this new system will work, I do not thing Disney should pick Spring Break to test it though, a less busy time would have made more sense but then maybe they feel testing it during SB they will get a better picture of how it will work :confused3

I just know if you can get to TSM at 3 in the after noon and still get a FP for 5-7 pm that will be a good thing. :)

I wish now I had switched my park days so I was going to be at DHS on the 7th instead of MK just to see if I could get a FP for TSM later in the day.

If it does end up working, I don't see the FPs still being available. Not everyone who goes to WDW is on the DIS, reads TP or other blogs, etc. ;) People will still treat the FPs the same way for probably a few months. Even if they hang signs, it's apparent many guests can not read. :lmao: I think Spring Break would be a good time to test it, but it's really going to interfere with customer service. Really, who wants to be behind the mom who says she's always used FPs late before and throws a tantrum? :confused3 It'll happen, just sayin'. I think they need to make the return window bigger, IMHO. I've never thought enforcing it was bad, I just think the way they're doing this is bad. :thumbsup2 There's been many times I've used them in the window, and I've used them late. I loved not having to keep track of the time on the ticket though. I didn't mind the: Ugh, what can we do next? Is our FPs up for Soarin', yet? And then having to check the tickets. But now I'll be obsessed with knowing the time on each ticket, because of the small window to use it. It will make it stressful to plan days. I mean, it's bad enough you have to plan where you want to eat months in advance ... and now when you arrive, you'll have to plan around a tight window? :confused3

Don't get me wrong, I'm anxious to see how it plays out. But it's still rumor, and may not even be accurate at all. While it may be based on factual information, we may not have all the details either. It will be nice not stressing early in the week about having to trek across the park to ride ONE ride and then back to where we originally were. :rolleyes:

I guess we'll see on the 7th. :thumbsup2 I'll be at DHS that day. If we can score extra TSM FP's, I'll try it there (so if we get turned away, at least we have another set so we can still ride). Otherwise, I'll try it on something else. :thumbsup2

If it does end up working, I don't see the FPs still being available. Not everyone who goes to WDW is on the DIS, reads TP or other blogs, etc. ;) People will still treat the FPs the same way for probably a few months. Even if they hang signs, it's apparent many guests can not read. :lmao: I think Spring Break would be a good time to test it, but it's really going to interfere with customer service. Really, who wants to be behind the mom who says she's always used FPs late before and throws a tantrum? :confused3 It'll happen, just sayin'. I think they need to make the return window bigger, IMHO. I've never thought enforcing it was bad, I just think the way they're doing this is bad. :thumbsup2 There's been many times I've used them in the window, and I've used them late. I loved not having to keep track of the time on the ticket though. I didn't mind the: Ugh, what can we do next? Is our FPs up for Soarin', yet? And then having to check the tickets. But now I'll be obsessed with knowing the time on each ticket, because of the small window to use it. It will make it stressful to plan days. I mean, it's bad enough you have to plan where you want to eat months in advance ... and now when you arrive, you'll have to plan around a tight window? :confused3

Don't get me wrong, I'm anxious to see how it plays out. But it's still rumor, and may not even be accurate at all. While it may be based on factual information, we may not have all the details either. It will be nice not stressing early in the week about having to trek across the park to ride ONE ride and then back to where we originally were. :rolleyes:

I guess we'll see on the 7th. :thumbsup2 I'll be at DHS that day. If we can score extra TSM FP's, I'll try it there (so if we get turned away, at least we have another set so we can still ride). Otherwise, I'll try it on something else. :thumbsup2

Oh I agree about people not reading the posted signs about the change, many will read and ignore it thinking it does not apply to them the " they will let me in because..............."

Personally I have never used a FP, I am not one to ride more than once, now my DS and Ddil when we went would get the 4 FP , we would ride standing in the regular line, then DH and I would sit one out while they rode a second time with the FP. This worked with TOT, RNRC and EE. We never grabbed passes to use later in the day like so many do. Some people seem a bit crazed over it all , with run here, here and here grabing FP then go here come back and ride this, then run here to get another FP etc.

I miss the old days when going to WDW meant you were going to encounter long lines and waits but that was all part of it.( My first 4 trips were during Easter Week when the crowds were insane as were the lines) :laughing:

The thing is WDW was much smaller then My first trip only MK and Epcot existed , we were there for 4 days and one of those days we went to NASA and spent a lot of time in the Disney Villiage MarketPlace(what is now DTD)and yet saw and did more than our last trip in 2009 when we were there for a week.
I have been for as long as 10 days and for a short 3 day weekend(Only went to AK/Ep)

Now you have 4 parks an expanded DTD and there is just too much to do and see in a week or even 10 days IMO.

I told DH yesterday I really want to take it slow and take it all in, our last trip we went with DS and Ddil and we spent so much time running from this ride to that ride, never stopping to "smell the roses" literally since we were there for F&G Festival in 2009. I am taking my time this trip.

Thank you for posting about this. I have never had to use FP yet but since I am going alone and during a busy time I was planning to use them at this time. I will plan accordingly to make sure I will be able to use the ones I grab. I am sure I will see a lot of pissed off people who are used to the way things normal are. I hope it doesn't spoil to many trips.:confused3

But than again it's just rumour so far so who knows. Since I have not used FP before I don't know if it will be better or worse, though I do admite that going anytime I wanted sounded nice to me. And am sure that people will still make a mad dash to certain rides for at least a while yet.

I love Fastpass and hate lines, and I admit to being one of those bad guests who never pays attention to the window end time. If they start enforcing the window, I will be interested to see how/if I adjust to it. On our last trip I noticed that I toured much differently than I did five years ago. It's true that I had a sprained calf muscle and a cold, but I think my age is slowing me down too. I'm much less interested in backtracking or crisscrossing the parks. If my FP window opens, and I'm far from the ride, I may just skip it.

I just hope talk of the XPass is a nasty rumor. I would hate to see it happen. You can read about it in a MiceAge article by Kevin Yee. At least FastPass is a level playing field.

Well, I didn't know until recently that you could use them after the designated time, so I was totally planning to use that to our advantage this time... :headache: Oh well, we always played by the rules before, guess we will continue to do that now. :confused3

Hi... just found this thread. Going to WDW March 15-19th, just a quick cheap trip to see a couple of Atlanta Braves spring training games. 37 days and counting...:cool1:

Hi... just found this thread. Going to WDW March 15-19th, just a quick cheap trip to see a couple of Atlanta Braves spring training games. 37 days and counting...:cool1:

I tried to get my dad to go with us and see the Braves, but he won't. :sad2: I hope you'll do a TR, so I can read all about the Braves, so maybe I can get dad to go next year! :thumbsup2

On a side note, if they enforce, this may put a bump in my plans for the 7th & 8th. Some "locals" are meeting up with us. Last year, we had them grab a FP for something when they came in and when their window was open, we got new ones together and rode. (IE: Last year, they grabbed Soarin' when they came in. Our window was already up to ride Soarin. When their new FP window was open, we got TT FPs together. When their Soarin' window was open, we all went and rode.)

This won't work this year. :sad2: So ... I guess we don't get FPs until our friends arrive? :confused3 Oy, I hope they arrive early, otherwise I'll be miffed if I miss Soarin' and TT. :headache:

So it's official. The only moderate with rooms available is Ft. Wilderness. Some of the deluxes have rates as low as what the moderates were booking for. Can I smell an upgrade?????

I tried to get my dad to go with us and see the Braves, but he won't. :sad2: I hope you'll do a TR, so I can read all about the Braves, so maybe I can get dad to go next year! :thumbsup2

We went last year during spring training and had a great time. My son got autographs from a number of the players, which was the highlight of his trip. The game tickets are a little pricey in my opinion, but it is a nice stadium.

Hey, and no FP issues to worry about at the stadium!

Well, I didn't know until recently that you could use them after the designated time, so I was totally planning to use that to our advantage this time... :headache: Oh well, we always played by the rules before, guess we will continue to do that now. :confused3

I was planning the same thing...but guess not..O'well.

Change of plans for our trip. New dates 3/24 - 3/30 and staying at POR. We added a person so we needed a room for 5. We were able to keep our free dining too. Changed many of our dining reservations too!!

Know what I smell? CROWDS!!! :scared1:

Not necessarily...almost all of the other resorts have availability. The moderates only represent 17% of the total # of resorts. I think that the only other resort I have found that was full was The Contemporary.

Not necessarily...almost all of the other resorts have availability. The moderates only represent 17% of the total # of resorts. I think that the only other resort I have found that was full was The Contemporary.

I have noticed also it seems to just the Moderate Resorts that are filled, lots of availability at the Deluxes except for as you mentioned CR, I even noticed a few days a go there was availability for POP for my dates which surprised me.

I think the Mod resorts are going to be packed but not so much the parks, there is even still lots of availability for restaurants, F! Pkg etc.

I have noticed also it seems to just the Moderate Resorts that are filled, lots of availability at the Deluxes except for as you mentioned CR, I even noticed a few days a go there was availability for POP for my dates which surprised me.

I think the Mod resorts are going to be packed but not so much the parks, there is even still lots of availability for restaurants, F! Pkg etc.

Upon further review...all of the Values are showing no availability for 3/4-3/10

We'll just have to wait and see how they change the hours to gauge what the crowd levels may be like..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter